發新帖
查看: 1212|回覆: 3
go

Your comments on these international schools WANTED [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-2-11 01:34 |只看該作者

Your comments on these international schools WANTED

Hi mums,

I visited Norwegian Int'l School and International Christian School a few days ago.

Any parents who visited these schools before or kids are studying there ?  Want some comments.

Also what about the ESF kindergarten in Sheung Wan and the Shatin Junion School ?  

I cant check the school fare of SJS on line.  How much is it ?

Thanks a lot !!!

Touri
:-?

2#
發表於 06-2-11 23:28 |只看該作者

Re: Your comments on these international schools WANTED

Hi mums,

Perhaps, let me elaborate a bit of my mysteries here.  Sorry that i was busy with packing and the removal arrangements and my first message was a bit too "brief" :)

I did read through all your previous messages about Norwegian Int'l School and Christian Int'l School.  It seems that CIS is a very good school in which students even at a young age are very considerate and affectionate to others.  I like that so much that I really want my boy to be brought up in such a full of sharing and joy environment.   Anybody know if they have mandarin classes during the first 3 years of kindergarten ?  How many lessons per week and how long are they ?

For the Norwegian Int'l School, the Principal is such a nice and friendly lady that I really enjoy exchanging ideas and views with her.  However, my concern is that there are not too many toys in the school for the kids to play and those available toys look very old.  Another thing is that I do expect small group education style would be carried out in a round table surrounded by kids.  However, the kids there have their own table.  I just find it a bit funny.  There are too many slopes there and i worry about the safety of the kids as they always run around the playground.  Another thing is that if the teachers there friendly and enthusiastic with kids as during my visit there, most of the teachers did not smile at all.  I am only a bit curious about this.

For the ESF Sheung Wan Kindergarten, I wanted to have a tour visit but was refused.  Anybody's kids studying there ?  How are the teachers and the environment there ?  

I have some friends whose kids were studying in Shatin College before.  It seems that those kids can enter very good university in Canada and US.  Is Shatin Junior School a good school too ?  Need some comments about these two.

I hope my explanation about would give you some idea of what i am asking here :)  Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Touri
:-?

3#
發表於 06-2-12 01:49 |只看該作者

Hi Touri,

Don't mix up ICS with CIS:
ICS means International Christian School and
CIS means Chinese International School.

My son likes SJS very much. He always complaints about long holiday because it is too boring to stay home.  

He has been studying in SJS for just more than one year (now P.2), he can read the memo to parent sent home.  He was ranked middle in his class.

About discipline, he always tells me about the classroom rules he needs to follow.  

I believe that SJS is a good school.

Regards

4#
發表於 06-2-12 13:55 |只看該作者

Dear Touri,
No...ICS doesn't offer Mandarin in Kindergarten.  It only offers in elementary.  
Lenglengma
‹ 上一主題|下一主題