發新帖
查看: 1738|回覆: 18
go

ICS P1 interview [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-2-11 00:09 |只看該作者

ICS P1 interview

Dear ICS Ma Ma,

I've been call just this morning that an P1 interview will be arrange to my daughter next week.

Is ICS admission policy same like ESF? For example, they have 20 seats, they interview 20 children, children fail only because they don't match their english requirment.  ICS charge 1000 dollars for admission fee, it will be quite expensive if we need to "fight" for the seats.  

As I'm a Christian, ICS is an ideal school for my kid.  The praying, the worship, the bible time and I think they ask the children to remember bilble verses.  

I'm willing to pay the money, but only curious to know the truth.

2#
發表於 06-2-11 21:58 |只看該作者

Re: ICS P1 interview

Dear Weeweewet,
I think if they have 20 seats, they offer interviews to the first 20 children on the waiting list.  If anyone fails the test, they will ask the next one on the waiting list to have an interview.  Yes, I think children fail only because they don't meet their standard.  
It is a very good school for Christian families...
Lenglengma

3#
發表於 06-2-12 23:16 |只看該作者

Can anyone tell me about ICS School website and location? Thanks.

4#
發表於 06-2-12 23:45 |只看該作者

you can get more info from http://www.ics.edu.hk/

5#
發表於 06-2-14 21:48 |只看該作者

Hi All:

If I want to send my child to ICS P1, when should I apply?  Should I submit application form as early as possible?  What are their criteria of selecting students?

Thanks a lot!

6#
發表於 06-2-14 23:10 |只看該作者

I think you better send in your application now.
Please call them to ask.
They have to make sure the student speak good English and meet up their academic standards.
Lenglengma

7#
發表於 06-2-15 18:50 |只看該作者

Dear lenglengma,

Thanks for your information.  

We have interview today, do you know when we will have result?

8#
發表於 06-2-15 22:20 |只看該作者

Dear Weeweewet,
What time did you have your interview?  How did it go?  The result should be available in a week....I am not sure though, may be you want to call and ask?
Lenglengma :

9#
發表於 06-2-16 00:36 |只看該作者

Hi,
I want to ask about their Kindergarden program since I have to apply KG for my son this year. How many chinese lesson in a day or in a week? Is their KG program good? And what will they do in the interview? Is it hard to get in to this KG? Thanks alot for the questions... :wink:

10#
發表於 06-2-16 10:22 |只看該作者

Dear Patbee,
They don't have any Chinese lesson in kindergarten.  They only have it in elementary school.  Their Kingergarten program is good.  Interview depends on what year are you going to apply for.  I think, your children need to at least understand / speak English to get in.  The test lasts around 1 hour.
Lenglengma  

11#
發表於 06-2-16 11:13 |只看該作者

I think ICS offers Mandarin as one of the after school activities in the kindergarten.

12#
發表於 06-2-16 15:59 |只看該作者

Yes, ICS offers afternoon mandarin class from R2. As I remember the class is being held once a week. For R1 class, there's no afternoon Chinese class at the moment.

13#
發表於 06-2-16 23:46 |只看該作者

Thanks luluonthemoon for your reply!
My son is 1.5 yr old now and apply 07 KG this year. I think they don't have nursery, right?
If they do the interview while my son is only 2 yrs old, is it a big chance to get in? or 2 yrs old is too small to define weather he can understand English?
Sorry for  many questions, thanks a lot!

14#
發表於 06-2-16 23:50 |只看該作者

Also, if they don't have chinese lesson, do you take you child to learn chinese outside the school? Or you just don't let your child to learn chinese and go on for all int'l school?
I'm so confuse weather should I choose Int'l school for my son since I want him to learn chinese, but I'll let him study overseas later maybe secondary school. Really hard to make decision...

15#
發表於 06-2-17 01:28 |只看該作者

Patbee,

ICS does not have a nursery class for the 2 year olds. In fact, they hold on to the age rule to admit a child and a child has to turn 3 years old by the end of July when they start K1 class in August.
Chinese..... it's always the issue among us. I have seen several moms sending their kids to after-school Chinese class, hiring a tutor, teaching by themselves.  I am myself swinging which to take at the moment... after-school class or a tutor. I do know how difficult to make a decision between int'l schools and local schools. It's not just the matter of learning languages, it is the matter of learning all the subjects in a particular language, like math, science, history and everything. So, which language, English or Chinese, do you wish your child to use to learn at school?
I personally don't think that it would be next to impossible for a child to pull off overseas even though they haven't learned "in English" at school. You may have seen people making it through in oversea colleges after the local educational system. But the language children take and use at school to learn does play a big part in them forming their thoughts and ideas and learning something new.....  

16#
發表於 06-2-19 22:59 |只看該作者

Dear luluonthemoon,
Thanks for your reply. I'm really confuse not only because of the language that used in local and int'l school but also the difference of the nature of the education. Since the local school, especially those famous in Kln Tong, have a very tough program and that's ensure the kids can be more easy to get use to the local famous primary school. But no matter how they said actively approach they use still mostly in a traditional way. But in int'l school, their way of  teaching methods are really in western culture way. The problem is, my son, however he's only 1.5yr old, I can see him doing things not in a normal traditional way. (eg, unlike other child, will "perform" all the things he knows to others or the way they learn, is very good.) My son, is quite headache for me since he doesn't listen to me to learn. He won't immitate words or action....very "self-centerize". But maybe he learnt already while he's walking around u and may show that after few days or weeks that he knew.
Anyway, it's maybe my fault for not teaching him well, but I'm just confusing weather should I put him to the traditional way of teaching for not making him even more self-centerize and more disciplines, hope he can be more like to get use to the traditional learning and more discipline...etc like that, or, should I put him to the int'l school that I'd think it may more suit his character and, maybe the int'l school have more attention to each of the child and developing their strongest?  Or the problem child?
Oh, one more thing, I bought a book from "Eugene group" (ho fa) that to show all the int'l school. It said the ICS kindergarden is located in Hung Hom(漁人碼頭).  But when I checked in their website, it said the KG is located in the same building of the elementary school. Is it means in Fo Tan or in Hung Hom? Do u know?
Thanks so much for sharing. I'm really appreciated that! Thanks!

17#
發表於 06-2-20 09:27 |只看該作者

Patbee,

I bought a book from "Eugene group" (ho fa) that to show all the int'l school. It said the ICS kindergarden is located in Hung Hom(漁人碼頭).

ICS kindergarten WAS located in Hunghom for a while but it already moved back to Fo Tan.  Now the kindergarten in Hunghom is called Learning Habitat.

18#
發表於 06-2-20 19:37 |只看該作者

Thanks Sandrine!
I'm so disappount!!!

19#
發表於 06-2-20 19:54 |只看該作者

http://www.ics.edu.hk/
‹ 上一主題|下一主題