可否分享對此學校的看法及經驗?  Thank you.

2#
發表於 06-2-3 01:10 |只看該作者

Re: 啓思小學好唔好?

Very Good!   

3#
發表於 06-2-3 02:17 |只看該作者

Please explain..... thank you very much.....

4#
發表於 06-2-4 23:46 |只看該作者

好多公務員子女讀, 因為有大把津貼 !

5#
發表於 06-2-6 09:55 |只看該作者

I am also a civil servant but I also want to know the 'quality' of this school....thank you.

6#
發表於 06-2-6 23:06 |只看該作者

數月前我亦因為小女報考2006年度9月小一, 而與您一樣查詢有關對啟思小學的情況, 但反應不多, 未能得到充分意見, 最後啟思取錄了小女, 在註冊時在校務處取得一些校刊及家教會刊物, 閱讀後感覺十分良好. 而當時我亦主動send e-mail到家教會, 提出我的疑問, 她們即時把我的疑問向校方反應, 多次致電給我回應我的疑問, 令我十分感動.

我曾經請教她們覺得啟思在那方面投入較多的資源?? 坦白說啟思的學費確實令我不是公務員的家長卻步, 而其中兩位家教會的家長均回覆我, 她們十分欣賞啟思在德育方面的培養, 並且校方很致力培育小朋友的自信心.

我認為啟思是較早一批提倡愉快學習理念的學校, 由於已有一定歷史及有中學派位情況供參考, 如果不用考慮學費負擔, 不失是追求愉快學習而又不想做白老鼠的一個選擇.

7#
發表於 06-2-7 10:50 |只看該作者

Re:

Hi,

我的兒子亦獲取錄入讀2006年9月小一, 我也有Chau444的疑慮, 雖然已註冊, 但仍然擔心:付出那麼貴的學費, 是否物有所值 兒子會否得到應有的照顧?  常聽人說啟思的模式像國際學校, 又說啟思的課程較淺, 我擔心雖然兒子能夠愉快學習,將來適應中學課程會否很吃力呢?  如果學校課程較淺,可能要為他安排一些課程, 這豈非又一筆可觀費用?

如果有就讀啟思的家長, 請多多指教!

8#
發表於 06-2-7 11:29 |只看該作者

Re:

I'm not a parent of

9#
發表於 06-2-7 11:34 |只看該作者

Re:

Know from some students there that they have little homework, their Chinese seems to be OK, English is not good enough, don't know why.

10#
發表於 06-2-7 11:54 |只看該作者

Re:

Agree, their English standards are not so good.
Example:
My friend's daughter interviewed Good Hope School[Form 1] last year. In her group, there are two

11#
發表於 06-2-7 13:27 |只看該作者

Re:

winnie-dennis,
您好! 其實我與您一樣有相同的擔心, 我亦覺得大家將愉快學習標籤為程度淺, 故此我亦有向家教會查詢啟思的英文學習情況, 而且她們更邀請我給予一些學習資料供參考, 但因當時收到最心儀的小學來電約見第二次面試, 故而最後我婉拒了出席.

現在小女已順利被最心儀的小學取錄了, 否則啟思是我的第二選擇, 雖然我不能很確定說啟思的英文程度是否好, 但以本地小學(不包括國際學校)來說, 除了保良局蔡繼有有較多的外籍老師外, 啟思有7名外籍老師, 比例應算很高了. 而且她們的直資英文中學亦於今年落成, 據校長說會根據學生能力建議是否讀IB, 故而我認為啟思的英文程度必須在一定水平.

最後, 知道啟思於2月18日有成果分享展覽暨研討會舉行, 有興趣進一步了解啟思的家長, 或可嘗試致電學校, 可否前往參觀, 主動求證增加對學校的了解.

12#
發表於 06-2-7 21:59 |只看該作者

Re:

Dear all,
你地好...
我大女現就讀啟思小學附幼K.1...正考慮是否選擇升讀

13#
發表於 06-2-7 23:07 |只看該作者

Re:

My son is a P4 student of CPS.  The homework is not as much as the other conventional schools.  Moreover, my son is very eager to go to school everyday.  He enjoys his school life very much.  In my opinion, the academic results, or as you guys always mentioned English or Chinese standard, are not so important.  The most important point is that they have the interest and initiative to learn.  If they are interest and know how to learn, they can pick up very fast in the secondary school.  Because of this, I don't need to sit besides my son to finish the homework.  He can manage it all by himself, even for dictation or examination.  Of course, he could come to me if he encounters any questions.

The teachers and principal are really devoted to their jobs, and in fact, I feel their sense of responsibilities and real love to the students.  Most of them are very patient and very positive.  I have joined their morning assembly once.  You know, most of the kids talked and it was very noisy while they were waiting.  The vice-principal asked them to keep quiet.  It could be conveyed in a number of ways, such as scolding them, speaking louder than them, etc.  He said some very encouraging words and praised every class which could resume class order, even the most naughty class.  In fact, they calmed down in a very "civilized" manner quickly.   I think it will be good for the kids to be cultivated under this positive environment.

CPS is adapting an "inviting school" approach.  If you are not accustomer to this kind of learning approach, you cannot discover its merits.

As someone mentioned that the homework has to be easy to avoid the "drop-out" rate, I don't really agree with that.  In fact, in order to meet the market demand, the principal should have increased workload to the kids so as to satisfy those parents who expect homework could increase knowledge!

Hope this information is useful.

14#
發表於 06-2-7 23:26 |只看該作者

Re:

Hi, kbroossy,

Thank you for your information.

15#
發表於 06-2-8 14:09 |只看該作者

Re:

It is hard to said the school is good or not, it depend on what you want from the school.  My friend's daughter study at this school, she is very happy with this school, not much homework and the school life is quite free (both Mother and daughter are very happy ), only school fee is a problem, she need to spend $10000 per month on her daughter, her daughter has private English and Mandarin tutor.     .  but the girl are really enjoy her school life at this school.  if you want your child to have a free and not pressure school life, and $$ is not a problem for you, it is a good choice.

16#
發表於 06-2-8 14:54 |只看該作者

Re:

I've no doubt about the happy learning envirnoment provided by the school.
How about the general performance when they move up to secondary schools? Will they find difficulties to adapt the fast speeds of learning and amount of homeworks in conventional secondary schools? Or, is it better for the students to study at the international schools or overseas?
Thanks!

17#
發表於 06-2-8 15:24 |只看該作者

Re:

They would have their own secondary school, so it would not be a problem for them now.  

18#
發表於 06-2-8 16:32 |只看該作者

Re:

The primary school is good doesn't mean the secondary school, which is brand new, is also good.  Besides, the students have to sit in public examinations in secondary.  I personally think it's better for them to study in a good conventional secondary school to ensure that they are more well-trained for the exams.  I believe that when your child is a little bit older (in secondary), it's easier for them to adapt than they are promoting from kindergarten to primary.

For those parents whose children have finished CPS, please tell us how your children adapt to the secondary environment.  Thanks!

19#
發表於 06-2-8 17:57 |只看該作者

Re:

No one knows whether the secondary sch. will be good or not. But in fact it is one of the few (if not the only) schools in HK which will take IB from middle years....and is probably the first DSS school starting IB from middle years....In order to have a smooth train... a good English standard of their primary school has to be maintained. It's an English primary school anyway.

20#
發表於 06-2-8 21:41 |只看該作者

Re:

Hi, aLLL,

What is meant by "middle" years? Primary classes?

aLLL 寫道:
....In order to have a smooth train... a good English standard of their primary school has to be maintained. It's an English primary school anyway.  

But some parents commented that their English standard is not so good.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題