教育王國 討論區 國際學校 how to choose between ESF TY and Yew Chung
發新帖
查看: 878|回覆: 1
go

how to choose between ESF TY and Yew Chung [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-1-31 09:59 |只看該作者

how to choose between ESF TY and Yew Chung

My daughter got a seat (k1) from these two school. I need to make a decision for choose one of them. Which one is better?  I know the Primary school fee of Yew Chung is very expensive. Is it worth? Many BK mom said the English standard of ESF TY is not good.  My daughter speak Cantonese at home and speak a little bit English.  How can I choose?   

2#
發表於 06-1-31 13:35 |只看該作者

Re: how to choose between ESF TY and Yew Chung

If you like SJS, choose ESF TY and use the money left to hire a native English teacher.  Focus on oral English. For P.1 interview, only oral English will be tested.

From ESF web site:
Children seeking entry to Primary One should:-
(Oral Interaction)
1.        be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in routine social and classroom situations
2.        use acceptable social formulae (e.g. please, thank you, excuse me)
3.        use learnt formulae, well-rehearsed patterns and short simple utterances
4.        give some basic personal information on request
5.        show understanding of past, present and future tenses through use of time references (e.g. yesterday we…, tomorrow we…)
6.        follow simple instructions (relying on key words and context)
7.        extend answers to questions beyond single word responses (i.e. phrases and simple sentences)
8.        be able to use simple adjectives to describe or add emphasis
9.        use comprehensible pronunciation, stress and intonation when speaking
10.        be able to sustain concentration for a group story and be prepared to participate in answering questions and prediction activities
11.        communicate with other children in the group using English
12.        indicate when they don’t understand and ask for repetition
13.        use questions to elicit help

‹ 上一主題|下一主題