教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Singapore International School
樓主: kannes
go

Singapore International School [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 07-3-20 17:43 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Singapore International School

For all your info,
my son never have private tutoring. He is now P6 and his academic performance is acceptable. Maths & Science are grade 1, and Chinese & English are grade 2.

SIS homework is accpetable too. He usually spend less than 1 hour to finish homework.

Yes, no homework for CCA (extra-curriculum activities) days.
He enjoys SIS life, and he spends his time to develop his interests!

One more point...
Once upon a time (around P2 or P3), a SIS form teacher told the parents not to check the assignment for the students. Because if parent amend all the mistakes, the teachers do not know what the students' difficulties.
For I'm a lazy parent, I keep this statement in my mind, I never check my son's homework.
Of course, he seeks our advice when he doesn't know how to do the homework.

As my husband and I good at Maths and Science, he did well at both subjects.

For science partisce paper, it is similar to the experiment test at local secondary school. The students have to do the experiment, and answer the obeservation, explanation and conclusion step by step.

22#
發表於 07-3-27 10:33 |顯示全部帖子

Dear SIS Parents,

You may receive letters about attending Maths Workshops.
Please try your best to attend. It is essential!

My husband and I attended a Maths workshop when my son was P1/P2. Then we understood the approach and fit to it.

Good wishes to all SIS Parents!

chanms

23#
發表於 07-3-30 12:25 |顯示全部帖子

Not yet. We have to wait until 10 Jul.
And I may share the experience then.

24#
發表於 07-3-30 12:27 |顯示全部帖子

Dear mrsho,

Yes, he established a habbit to do the homework by himself since P3-P4.

In P3 summer, the domestic helper (who looked after my son since his birth) left us. At that time, my son became more independent.

One night, he did not finish his homework before I came home from work. Because he planned to enjoy the TV first. However, he completed the homework nearly midnight (spent almost 2 hours because he was exhausted). Then I explained that it is more efficent to do homework sharply after school. On the next day, he tried to do homework after school. And he cheerfully found that he can finish homework within 45mins and enjoy all his favors entertainment all night long.

After this experience, he willing do his homework by himself.

Piano - start from P3, but it was found too late.

Swimming - learn from private coach since age 4, then join the external swimming team since P3.
As he won some games at SIS swimming heats, teacher invited him to join SIS school swimming team.
Never join PTA swimming class, because we live too far away from school.

When will the children start the after school activities?
Anytime you like, every child is different.
Before age 6, they may learn art, drawing, music.
After 6, they may learn some sports.

Dear Chanms,

Thanks for your detail explanation. You have mentioned that at P.5, he has 2-3 homeworks every night.
May I know did he establish a habbit to do the homework by himself?

When did he start to learn piano? Did you join the swimming class with PTA inside SIS?

When will the children start the after school activities? From PY2?

Million thanks.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖