41#
發表於 06-1-24 14:00 |只看該作者

Re: 1st day of school in TY ESF K1

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

42#
發表於 06-1-24 14:05 |只看該作者

Fattymom,

Some mom said that SJS only takes children come from director/professional families

This is kidding, don't believe it.

But if you like your son go to SJS, you better move him to ESF's kinders ( Any 1 out of 3 will do ). Except you or your husband is a foreigner.

I moved my kid from YMCA to ESF's Tsing Yi last year. Honestly, YMCA provided better caring to the kids. At least the student/teacher ratio is only 8-10 to 1. But ESF almosts 22-25 to 1. But not much caring somehow is good to the kids development. They become more independent.

And the merit of ESF's kinders are: they all have the first priority among the same ranking group.

I believe all the ESF's kinders student received the interview offer this year. At least, i did not hear any one from ESF's kinder has no offer for interview so far.

43#
發表於 06-1-24 14:08 |只看該作者

Dear Y2KChild,

Thanks a lot again    .  I must consider whether to take the ESFTY again .  I prefer SJS because (1) good reputation (2) proposing to adopt IB (3) discipline.  Oh, the offering letter has driven me crazy I think I'll go to the introductory meeting instead of turning down the offer immediately :-|

44#
發表於 06-1-24 14:16 |只看該作者

Hello! Slam30,

Thanks a lot .  Leaving from a good school is really a heartbreaking decision   .  Which ESF have u applied for?  How many ESFTY graduates have got an offer from SJS?  By the way, recently, some moms said Cndis is not so good (before, only good comments).  Any comments?

45#
發表於 06-1-24 14:28 |只看該作者

Fattymom

My kid applied SJS this year and going to the interview on Jan 26. I know there are almost 60 students (AM and PM classes) from ESFTY to attend the interview within Jan 25 to 27.

46#
發表於 06-1-24 14:47 |只看該作者

Dear slam39,

could u pls tell me about more the interview later?  What is the English standard of your kid's classmates?  Some moms also said the girl students are better than the boy students.  Boys only speak in Cantonese.

47#
發表於 06-1-24 15:01 |只看該作者

[ 本帖最後由 CherylMum 於 09-11-16 08:02 編輯 ]

48#
發表於 06-1-24 15:27 |只看該作者

CherylMum,

Please go to the Link

http://clc.esf.edu.hk/GroupDownloadFile.asp?GroupId=2300&ResourceId=25253

Then, you will find Tsing Yi Island is falled into SJS zone.

49#
發表於 06-1-24 15:45 |只看該作者

slam30,

Oh I read it.  You are right.

50#
發表於 06-1-30 18:15 |只看該作者

Dear ESF parents/ex-ESF parents,

Thank you for sharing your child's school life in ESF TY.

I just received a letter from ESF TY regarding admission to their kindergarten in Sep 2006.  They asked us to visit the school for an introductory tour in mid February.  After that, we will be given a few days to either confirm or reject the offer. However, I have the following questions:

1)  How many days do we have before making the decision?

2)  How much deposit or any other fees that we have to pay after accepting the offer?

3)  During the two years school in ESF TY, is there absolutely no mandarin/cantonese lessons? If yes, does the ESF parents usually bring their kids outside for learning chinese?

4)  Apart from its "relationship" with the ESF primary schools, how is ESF TY as compare to KBCK in other aspects??

Hope someone can provide answers to the above.....     

Thanks a lot!

jm03

51#
發表於 06-1-30 21:02 |只看該作者

1) I thought it was only one week for you to make the decision

2) One month school fee IE $4050

3) There're mandarin lesson 1-2 times a week. Usually I teach my girl Chinese at home.

52#
發表於 06-2-1 00:28 |只看該作者

Hi all,
Last week, I went to the school parade with my son and was happy to see that all of his classmates're  using English to communicate naturally and spontaneously... Then, I don't have to worry about the language that kids normally use at ESF Tsing Yi. Before going to ESF Tsing Yi, I was struggling against the "rumour"/"weaknesses for ESF Tsing Yi about its poor standard of English, as to whether to stay at KBCK or change to ESF Tsing Yi... Very lucky! My son keeps using English at ESF Tsing Yi as he's used to speaking in English and he said he enjoyed being with ESF Tsing Yi...I think I got the right choice. Be honest, whichever school he's going to, I have to teach him by myself , as kids don't learn much concrete subject knowledge in international schools at this stage. So, the most important thingsto me are the linkage to ESF primaries and the actual use of English for kids to interact with one another in kinders.

Minggrace

53#
發表於 06-2-1 17:21 |只看該作者

hi all the parents who are struggling to choose the best kinder,

just to share... my daughter has attended the ESF TY for one term and i did pull her out. i have my own comments about the ESF TY and my daughter's current kinder (which we are quite satisfied with). when i made the decision to pull our daughter out of ESF TY and transfer her to other school, i also struggled a lot to see if that would be a right decision. i see many parents here talking if the ESF TY's quality compared to other int'l kinders. however, i think it's important for us to remember that each child is different and thus the question of the "best school" will all depends on the child's individual needs and character. i think most of the ESF TY teachers are nice and professional. My daughter also enjoyed the Mandarine lessons and she has actually learnt quite a bit in one term. however, there were some other things we were looking for our daughter (for example, not having a concert at the ESF TY was a big thing for us, though i bet it's not a big thing for many people.)

in short, let's not be judgemental  about schools as it depends on each child.

rikachandoll
minggrace 寫道:
Hi all,
Last week, I went to the school parade with my son and was happy to see that all of his classmates're  using English to communicate naturally and spontaneously... Then, I don't have to worry about the language that kids normally use at ESF Tsing Yi. Before going to ESF Tsing Yi, I was struggling against the "rumour"/"weaknesses for ESF Tsing Yi about its poor standard of English, as to whether to stay at KBCK or change to ESF Tsing Yi... Very lucky! My son keeps using English at ESF Tsing Yi as he's used to speaking in English and he said he enjoyed being with ESF Tsing Yi...I think I got the right choice. Be honest, whichever school he's going to, I have to teach him by myself , as kids don't learn much concrete subject knowledge in international schools at this stage. So, the most important thingsto me are the linkage to ESF primaries and the actual use of English for kids to interact with one another in kinders.

Minggrace

54#
發表於 06-2-1 19:55 |只看該作者

just received letter from ESFTY,  they have offered a place for my son (Sept 2006) and i am now thinking about it.
>>>>>????

55#
發表於 06-2-1 22:01 |只看該作者

heratang, minggrace, Rikachandoll,

Thanks for your sharing/comments! I look forward to the briefing session of ESF TY~~   

56#
發表於 06-2-1 22:04 |只看該作者

Blythe_miki,

Hi~~ your son and my son might be classmates too!

When you say you are now thinking about it, do you mind sharing what other concerns you have in mind?  

57#
發表於 06-2-1 22:32 |只看該作者

jm03,

as ESFTY have too many chinese, and their english standard seems easy..... .

i would like my son to attend an international school that have more westerner i.e. GSIS, FIS.   so i have to think carefully.
>>>>>????

58#
發表於 06-2-2 09:35 |只看該作者

I also received the offer letter from ESFTY and will attend the briefing on 13/2.

I agreed with Rikachandoll and we don't know which kindergarten/school is the "best suit" to our children.  When I read through the BK, I found that may be KBCK is much better than ESFTY, however, in order to pave the way to ESF Primary, I suppose ESFTY is the best choice to serve the purpose at the moment.

In my own opinion, pls don't forget that though we place our children in a school, parents' participation and guidance is the most important and essential to facilitate the growth of the children.   

59#
發表於 06-2-2 12:54 |只看該作者

chuchuma,
Agreed!! See you on 2/13!

Blythe_miki,
OIC~~

60#
發表於 06-2-2 21:02 |只看該作者

I also received the offer letter from ESFTY and decide to attend the intro tour on 13/2.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題