用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 有冇子女讀緊St. Paul Co-ed 的家長? 入嚟傾&#215 ...
查看: 13593|回覆: 62
go

有冇子女讀緊St. Paul Co-ed 的家長? 入嚟傾吓! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-1-11 15:30 |只看該作者

有冇子女讀緊St. Paul Co-ed 的家長? 入嚟傾吓!

如題。小兒將於9月份入讀此校,但對此校認識不深,有冇同路人可以扶持下?

1.有冇人知此校的教學理念怎樣?Interview時只係覺得個校長好 '攝人',怕個仔讀得好辛苦。

2.此校的孩子是否要狂 '谷' 補習?若只跟學校的教學進度有問題嗎?

3.你們對 Co-ed 的評价怎樣?需否定期捐獻?

謝謝幫忙!

:-|

2#
發表於 06-1-11 16:33 |只看該作者

Re: 有冇子女讀緊St. Paul Co-ed 的家長? 入嚟傾吓!

Hi TimMaMa

你囝囝會讀麥小定堅小? 我都將會係06-07年度小一的家長,很高興可以係到同各位交流下意見!

以下是我8番黎的資料:-

1.有冇人知此校的教學理念怎樣?Interview時只係覺得個校長好 '攝人',怕個仔讀得好辛苦。

學校的辦學理念
秉承基督教「信望愛」的精神,培育學生成為未來的領導人才。教導他們追求卓越,建立崇高的品德及奉公忘私的精神;熱衷學習、終身不懈、並具備國際視野。

想知多的,可click 入 http://www.spcc.edu.hk/family/b5_about_vision.htm

我又唔覺校長好'攝人',我地反而覺得校長好好傾,好和藹可親. 我囡囡仲好鍾意鄔校長同間學校,自己決定在要讀這間,唔會撰其他學校!

2.此校的孩子是否要狂 '谷' 補習?若只跟學校的教學進度有問題嗎?
我聽聞小朋友上課好開心,每星期仲有兩節小朋友自選的課外活動.而上課時班上同時有一位老師在教書,另有一位講普通話的助教,主要幫助小朋友跟課堂進度.我估這位助教會幫小一生對手冊,功課,適應學校生活等等... 而小朋友就要用普通話和這位助教溝通! 而上英文oral時,就有成四位老師上課,而一班只得28個學生.如果係咁既師生比例下,小朋友上課跟得上的話,我估就唔使點補習!   跟唔上,自然會有電話搵家長!  :-|

3.你們對 Co-ed 的評价怎樣?需否定期捐獻?
以我所知, Co-ed 無需定期捐獻,如很多學校一樣,捐獻都是出於自願!

對 Co-ed 的評價尚有待開學作親身體會後再分享!

3#
發表於 06-1-11 17:02 |只看該作者

Dear Primary 2006 and Tim mama,

Nice to meet you all.  My son will be the student of ST. Paul's Co-edu. (mrps) in coming Sep. (06/07)

Hope can share with informations over here.

My on-hand's informations are similar to primary 2006.  Hope our kids have a happy primary school life.

Busybusy

4#
發表於 06-1-11 22:27 |只看該作者

Hellow Busybusy, Primary 2006 and TimMama,

My daughter just finished her first term in SPC(MRPS).  The work, test and exam are all very very easy.  The syllabus for each test and exam is minimal and there will not be any need for particular preparation.  Many kids there are very bright (many of them get 100 in tests and dictations) and are the top students in their kindergarten.  Many parents are very committed, but the children also independent and capablel of tackling their own works and even revision.

The only preparation I will suggest is a lot of Chinese and English reading to build a good language foundation,and train up their independence rather than hiring them a tutor.  

Best Wishes       

5#
發表於 06-1-12 11:45 |只看該作者

Thanks for the information, it is very useful  & I feel a bit relief. My daughter will start her P1 in SPC(MRPS) in coming Sep. As we are living in the Kowloon side, do the school have lots of activities after school, if so, we may need to think of mosivng to HK side so it is more convenience for her to attend activities. Also, could you tell me what kind of extra-curriculum will the school offer (e.g. swimming, music instrument etc) for us to select?

Many thanks.
JJMom

6#
發表於 06-1-12 12:18 |只看該作者

Hi bbjamie

Nice to meet you here! In the long run ( >11 years), I think it is worth for your family move to HK Island. As you know, two Primary Schools will combine and relocate to the new premises at Wong Chuk Hang in 2008.

7#
發表於 06-1-12 12:22 |只看該作者

Dear gogochurch

好多謝你既回應!    

我都有好多”滋微”問題想問下你!

1. 請問學校午飯時間係幾時? 你係送飯去,小朋友自己帶飯定搭食? 搭食的膳食ok嗎?
2. 小朋友使唔使自己帶水壺返學?
3. 六月先有家長會,到時先訂校服會唔會好趕?
4. 返學淮著乜野鞋同外套?
5. 學校有冇小食部? 要俾幾多零用錢俾小一小朋友?
6. 小一有乜課外活動撰? 係咪係學校概覽講既小一都可以任撰兩樣? 定係由學校選俾小朋友?

Sorry, 太多問題,請抽空解答,謝謝!

好開心有這個topic 係到,希望大家得閒 "up" 下,等我地保持聯繫!

8#
發表於 06-1-12 13:42 |只看該作者

Hi Primary 2006,

I read your mail in other thread and am not sure if your daughter is going to DGJS or SPCC ?  Can you tell me ?

As for your questions and also enquiry by another parents :-

1. Transport -
There are school bus to Kln. but I heard from other parents that her daughter finished school at 2:45pm arrived home by 5pm; and student living on the Eastern side finishes extra-curricular activities at 3:45pm and reaches home by 5pm.

2. Moving -
The school is now at MacDonnell Rd but moving to the sourthern side (entrance of the Aberdeen Tunnel) in 2008.  You may need to consider moving again in 2008.

3. Free extracurricular activities in school hours -
P1 students may choose from Choir (selected by school), English phonic, English drama, sports games, arts and crafts, etc.

4. Paid activities for P. 1after school -
swimming and table tennis available on most weekdays and Sat; many Western musical instruments except piano; 普通話; 珠心算; 體操; 美勞;
電腦; etc.  Many activities finish by 3:45pm and the students can take the Seconday School school bus home, but may take some waiting time.  You have to choose these activities in June after the orientation but do not be too ambitious or your child will come home late and tired everyday.

5. Lunch -
Lunch time approximately starts at 12 noon. The lunch box supplier is Maxim.  My daughter orders lunch from school but said that does not taste good most of the time.

6. Water -
There is drinking machine in school but many children take along their water bottle.

7. Summer uniform -
The supplier is Kingkow (9/F Times Square shop only).  Stock available any time.  In fact, it is easier to try out and purchase there than at the orientation in school, to avoid the crowd.  Suggest you call the shop and take a visit before school orientation.  It also manufactures the sport uniform and cardigan also.  Other navy blue cardigan and vest also acceptable.

8. Shoes
Black leather shoes and white sports shoes.

9. Tuck Shop
No tuck shop or vending machines in school.  Students not allowed to take money to school.

Hope the information is useful.

9#
發表於 06-1-12 14:56 |只看該作者

The information is very very useful. Thanks a lot. Could you also tell us more about the curriculum as I would like to take a look of the textbook (grateful if you could provide the name & the publisher, espcially for Chinese, English & Math) & see when I should start to "educate" myself and my girl  

10#
發表於 06-1-12 15:38 |只看該作者

Dear bbjamie,

The curriculum is but a small part of our children's education.  Believe me, there will not be much advantage by pre-reading all the text book. But if your child  is already reading extensively in fiction, science, history ... has a good vocabuary (especially Chinese in SPCC) and starts writing early, then with a solid foundation in language, any curriculum is just easy stuff for him/her.

Gogochurch

11#
發表於 06-1-12 18:00 |只看該作者

Dear gogochurch

Thank you for your quick response. You're so helpful!      

My girl likes SPCC the most. DGJS is only her 3rd choice. We support her decision, hope that she will enjoy her school life in SPCC. Thank you for your kind concern!

Cheers!

12#
發表於 06-1-12 18:10 |只看該作者

Still too early to make this conclusion. Your child is still enjoying the honeymoon peroid. Do wait and see.

gogochurch 寫道:

My daughter just finished her first term in SPC(MRPS).  The work, test and exam are all very very easy.  The syllabus for each test and exam is minimal and there will not be any need for particular preparation.  Many kids there are very bright (many of them get 100 in tests and dictations) and are the top students in their kindergarten.  

Best Wishes       

13#
發表於 06-1-12 18:34 |只看該作者

Hi Gorowitz,

If P1 is the honeymoon year, then let the children  enjoy schooling at SPCC.  I have heard parents describing P2 as overwhelming, but others said not until P3.  Such changes, seem to happen in all the local schools nowaday.

BTW, any good suggestions on how to cope better with the SPCC life ? Your sharing will be much appreciated.

14#
發表於 06-1-14 23:23 |只看該作者

primary2006 寫道:

Hi primary 2006

My kid is studing in SPCC(mrps) and I'm a "lunch mom" (lunch volunteer). Here's some supplementary information about their lunch.

Lunch time is from 12:15 to 1:00. About half of the kids eat their homemade meal while half order lunchboxes.

For those who don't order lunchboxes, they can bring their lunch with them when they go to school. Or their family (usually the maid) have to bring to school and put the labelled lunch bags on the shelf at the entrance before lunch time starts. When lunchtime starts, the school entrance will be closed. Those kids who need to pick up lunchbags will line up and go to the entrance to get them.

Hence, it usually takes 10 min to get them all ready to start eating. Kids must stay in their classroom until 12:45. Most of them should have "finished" at that time (of course most of them won't be able to finish all the food).

The kids will rush out of the classroom at 12:45. 12:45-1:00 is the "lunch recess". Most of them will leave the classroom, some will stay in the classroom to do homeworks, play computer or continue eating.

15#
發表於 06-1-14 23:42 |只看該作者

bbjamie 寫道:
As we are living in the Kowloon side, do the school have lots of activities after school, if so, we may need to think of mosivng to HK side so it is more convenience for her to attend activities.

Hi bbjamie,

If you're able to bring your kid afterschool, it's still OK for living in KLN.

If you have to rely on the school bus to get your kid back home, it will be hard for your kid to join the afterschool activities. I heard that the kln school bus charges extra $50 per single ride when your kid have afterschool activities and need their service. (No extra charges for HK side school bus.)

I can PM you the school bus contact if you need some more details.

16#
發表於 06-1-14 23:57 |只看該作者

bbjamie 寫道:
Could you also tell us more about the curriculum as I would like to take a look of the textbook (grateful if you could provide the name & the publisher, espcially for Chinese, English & Math) & see when I should start to "educate" myself and my girl  

Hi bbjamie,

I agree that no need to pre-study the textbooks, but I think it's fine to do some Chinese P1 supplementary workbooks in the coming summer holiday.

If you don't have the time to look for the workbooks, you may PM me your fax no. I can fax you some suggested materials. I'm sorry that I don't know Chinese typing.

17#
發表於 06-1-15 21:34 |只看該作者

Hi,

Would you pls. e-mail me the contact of school bus services for Kowloon side?

18#
發表於 06-1-15 21:39 |只看該作者

I heard a lot of commet on P1 life similrat to what described here.  How about P2, P3....?  Can anyone share?

Gorowitz 寫道:
Still too early to make this conclusion. Your child is still enjoying the honeymoon peroid. Do wait and see.

[quote]
gogochurch 寫道:

My daughter just finished her first term in SPC(MRPS).  The work, test and exam are all very very easy.  The syllabus for each test and exam is minimal and there will not be any need for particular preparation.  Many kids there are very bright (many of them get 100 in tests and dictations) and are the top students in their kindergarten.  

Best Wishes       
[/quote]

19#
發表於 06-1-16 10:24 |只看該作者

My daughter just finished St. Paul Co-edu primary school ( Kennedy ) and has promoted to F.1 in St. Paul Co-edu. My feeling of her six yrs study :
- Study easy in the area of exam or tests. School push not hard
- Quality of students very high. May be their parents do a lot behind. Students smart seems not relating to the school, but parents behind
- If one wants to be top student, competition very keen
- A lot of resources available. Parents fully support. A lot of activities supported by huge no of professional parents
- Principal or teachers desire your children get prizes from outside - music , writing or sports.
- Overall, school is quite good and I believe your children can enjoy a happy school life

20#
發表於 06-1-16 10:47 |只看該作者

Dear chinmama

Thank you for your kind information regarding the lunch issue.

I think that the lunch boxes from Maxim are not so tasteful and healthy. On the other hand, if the kids need to queue up to pick up their lunch bags that are delivered during lunchtime, I think it would be < 30 minutes for them to eat their meals. Hence, do you suggest that kids bring their own lunch boxes from home would be the best? If kids bring their own lunches, can they enjoy their lunches immediately when the lunch bell rings (then they have 45 minutes to take their meals)?

Are the lunch volunteers need to carry out their duties every day? What's the time duration and what are the duties? Are their other kinds of volunteers? I hope I will be the volunteer too.

chinmama 寫道:
Hi primary 2006

My kid is studing in SPCC(mrps) and I'm a "lunch mom" (lunch volunteer). Here's some supplementary information about their lunch.

Lunch time is from 12:15 to 1:00. About half of the kids eat their homemade meal while half order lunchboxes.

For those who don't order lunchboxes, they can bring their lunch with them when they go to school. Or their family (usually the maid) have to bring to school and put the labelled lunch bags on the shelf at the entrance before lunch time starts. When lunchtime starts, the school entrance will be closed. Those kids who need to pick up lunchbags will line up and go to the entrance to get them.

Hence, it usually takes 10 min to get them all ready to start eating. Kids must stay in their classroom until 12:45. Most of them should have "finished" at that time (of course most of them won't be able to finish all the food).

The kids will rush out of the classroom at 12:45. 12:45-1:00 is the "lunch recess". Most of them will leave the classroom, some (<5) will stay.

[quote]
primary2006 寫道:

[/quote]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題