教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 St Cat. 2nd waiting list letter
樓主: Nicolelau
go

St Cat. 2nd waiting list letter [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 06-1-5 16:02 |只看該作者

Re: St Cat. 2nd waiting list letter

monmantong,
Similarly, SC is my idea school due to its reputation. I was so shock that when I receive the waiting list letter. I and my husband only could laugh and I was not very happy for 1 day. My boy applied 5 schools:
1) St. Nichola's
2) Creative Primariy school's Kindergarten
3) York
4) SC
5) KV

My husband and I read a lot of forum for 3 days and read a lot of 'discussion group' in Baby Kingdom to convenience ourselves KV is OK. We know it is good but we are much hesitate that they request kid to write and was not an English speaking environment.

We go to KV interview is because my cousin's kid study there and they apply everything for us just ask us to interview. And the interview was conduct in Cantonese which my boy cannot speak, and I was asked to translate to him. Honestly, my interview experience with KV is very bad, so bad that I don't even admit the ManSung and Allience Kowloon Tong application form. We thinks (after the KV interview) the traditional school is not suitable for us.

I agree that is quite an experience. I was firstly very surprise when I know KV acceptance, AND then even more surprise that SC is on waiting list.:evil:  

If I remember correctly you are also enrolling to KV now, right? Did you enrol any more school?
We did not. :  

22#
發表於 06-1-5 16:18 |只看該作者

TTmomAc,

After failed on SC, some people suggested me to consider Kenville, and i did think about this.  Actually my cousin's daugther is studying in KV k2( my cousin is a kindergarten teacher), she let her girl study in Kv only for the purpose for primary school. But she admitted that the traditional school killed the creativity of the kids, and the teachers of kv are very demanding. Teachers are tough.
But she overall satistify with her girl's academic except English, because she is teaching a bilingual school with active approach, which the kids' performance is totally different.
She said the English level of Kv is not so good, because the process is so slow, so she sent her girl to study outside class. I think if the parents do not mind English level or traditional teaching, Kenville is a good choice .

however , now i will decide to let my son study in Keen Mind as i find it is good school and can meet my requirements.  

23#
發表於 06-1-5 16:19 |只看該作者

Hi all
I also wrote to St Cats requested for a place, and also received their letter yesterday.  My husband and I are very disappointed still, having been placed on wait list and having to wait for another six months.  We also feel that its rather rude and not professional even a date wasnt put in the letter, its a mass and photocopied letter, we can understand, but a letter without a date, not very good.......I think I will go for Kentville, will have to anyway.
Rae Ma

24#
發表於 06-1-5 16:21 |只看該作者

Hi all moms,

Last year, my elder daughter applied for 4 kinders and was accepted by all of them:
1. SC
2. Kentville
3. York
4. Stafford
and we have choosen SC, due to
1. it's good reputation
2. sound english environment
3. the school environment (personally, I like the environment of SC more than KV).

After all the interviews, we all feel stressed, and based on the good results, we have applied for SC and KV only for my younger girl this year. Result
1. KV - accepted and registered
2. SC - waiting list - v.v.v.v. disappointed

As a remedy, this weekend, we will try Sacred Heart in HK island for my little girl. If she is good enough to be accepted, I will consider to have my elder one transferred to Sacred Heart as well.

In my opinion, Sacred Heart is even better, cos it has pri and sec, hopefully, we don't have to go through such torture again in applying for P1. The only thing is we've got to move.

25#
發表於 06-1-5 16:30 |只看該作者

I didn't write any letter to them, but got waiting list.  My son is now studing in a very good subsidary school in kowloon tong, but he got seats in kowloon rhenish, Alliance in kowloon tong also.

26#
發表於 06-1-5 18:24 |只看該作者

旻旻,

I did not have any back up school now since I did not apply any other kindergartens that has no primary besides SC.  I do not think about SC will put my daughter to waiting list.

Now I wait for the result for 聖羅撇, 禮賢會 & 宣道. And I am planing to apply York for back up.

Angela

27#
發表於 06-1-5 18:54 |只看該作者

all,

also, the birth rate of 2003 is very low, but SC teachers keep telling me that the nbr of applications are more than they expected, also the quality of the applicants are very good so it is hard for them to select. ..( but it is hard to convince us since i know some facts ).

also, i also hate receiving the same copied letter without my name or date, it seems that they didn't respect us..

28#
發表於 06-1-6 10:20 |只看該作者

Hi Angela,

From the bk forum, it seems that York is still accepting applicants for 2006. In fact, the school environment is not bad, I've been there with my elder one last year, and they emphasised on learning of English as well. I do recall that there was an introduction session to introduce the teaching method they adopted during the day of interview last year.

Wish you all the best with the other kinders.

Hi monmantong,

Absolutely agree with you, it seems that SC is v. impolite as they are not addressing the addresses on their correspondences. What a pity that they have over 30 years of experience in provision of early childhood education, but, just ignore the fact that both parents and kids have to be prepared for admission to K1 well before hand. They are so inconsiderate!!!

Regards.

29#
發表於 06-1-6 12:13 |只看該作者

My daughter also got waitlisted at SC, why SC has to keep so many waiting list to students / moms??!!  Will they manage to take so much students?  How many students will be admitted this year?  Why don't they make the decision early in the year?

SC's interview went well over the other kinders!!

All moms, would like to ask how about Keen Mind and KV?  I am thinking either one of these kinders.  Pls advise.

30#
發表於 06-1-6 12:49 |只看該作者

chloe劉媽咪,

your kid was admitted by Keen Mind n Kv also? it is same as me. Both are good kindergarten,but I will choose Keen Mind because it is more fit for me and my son.

31#
發表於 06-1-6 13:34 |只看該作者

my son has the same situation as most of u.  once i know they put my son's name on waiting list that really shocks me!  as his interview is (at least in my eyes) really good!  so i was quite upset for the whole month of december.  as those of u, i wrote right after i got the letter.  however, i got another shock again.  they sent us a letter and ask for waiting for another couples of months.  thats really gave all moms a hard feeling that why they wont release some seats to us (may not be to me but others).  anyway, will u send letter again?  

although my son got a am class seat in kentville, i still want to send him to sc.  

lets cross our fingers!

32#
發表於 06-1-6 14:02 |只看該作者

autoto,

Rather than 日思夜想 to wait an unexpected answer from SC again,  it is better to have our other good planning for our kids. Now when i am thinking about my son will be in K1 in other school, i am so excited.

my friend just asked me if SC calls me in July, what I would do. I really don't know how to answer, I believe at that time, my 熱情 on Sc will 因時間減去, and will think whether i have to sacrifice one month of school fee, misc costs on other school.

由 autoto 於 2006-01-06 13:34:40my son has the same situation as most of u. once i know they put my son's name on waiting list that really shocks me! as his interview is (at least in my eyes) really good! so i was quite upset for the whole month of december. as those of u, i wrote right after i got the letter. however, i got another shock again. they sent us a letter and ask for waiting for another couples of months. thats really gave all moms a hard feeling that why they wont release some seats to us (may not be to me but others). anyway, will u send letter again?

although my son got a am class seat in kentville, i still want to send him to sc.

lets cross our fingers
該用戶已被刪除

33#
發表於 06-1-6 14:22 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

34#
發表於 06-1-6 14:54 |只看該作者

Hi all,

I just don't understand what makes SC keep us waiting for another six months. This really piss me off. Pls excuse me.

There should always be a balance, I understand that they need to maintain their reputation. But, it is also important for the kids and the parents to get prepared. As being admitted to K1 is one of our kids turning points throughout their lives.

Regards.

35#
發表於 06-1-6 15:05 |只看該作者

旻旻,

Be relaxed!! just immediately make a good plan for your younger one.

36#
發表於 06-1-6 15:28 |只看該作者

難道JULY到時call吓就得? 何解?
Lam&HimM 寫道:
大家記住july 時要call sc 呀, 可能咁就有機會。 good luck

37#
發表於 06-1-6 17:03 |只看該作者

Forgive my honest, I think it is a marketing strategy.
I gave up SC's offer and registered at KV.

38#
發表於 06-1-9 14:07 |只看該作者

monmantong,

yes, at this moment, we have to treat sc "reject" our kids.  think it will be a bonus if there is a seat in july (if lucky enough).  but we have to think about if they offer pm only.  should we take it or not???

39#
發表於 06-1-9 14:11 |只看該作者

autoto,

my friend also wrote request seat letter to SC, but she didn't receive any reply from SC.. do you think we have higher chance?
but my hubby said if it calls me at July-Sept, and if i already paid one month school fee to KM, he does not agree to go to SC, especially now he loves Km for small sz of students in a class; also he beleive KM is more suitable for my son because of his character. .. so, .. i hope SC won't call me otherwise i have headache..

40#
發表於 06-1-9 14:12 |只看該作者

autoto,

re pm class of sc- yes, it only offers pm class to waiting list students,. but i don't mind pm because km int'l class is also for pm only.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題