用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 大埔鹿茵山莊附近間Japanese International School好嗎? ...
發新帖
查看: 3126|回覆: 17
go

大埔鹿茵山莊附近間Japanese International School好嗎?? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-12-14 11:51 |只看該作者

大埔鹿茵山莊附近間Japanese International School好嗎??

學費又貴唔貴呢??有無Nursery呢???
[size=x-small]My lovely Jne was born on 12 December 2004

2#
發表於 05-12-14 12:37 |只看該作者

Re: 大埔鹿茵山莊附近間Japanese International School好嗎??

我都心儀呢間学校,我有朋友的女兒在那兒上学,話英文程度好高,因為多外國人,但学費都几貴架,(相比英基),$71000/年 + $12000 /年 類似債劵的費用,有一班叫reception class for age of 4,之後就直升P1.
你是否住个度附近?有否参觀校舍呢?
我諗好少BK mammies知呢間学校,因我post過都冇回應.
我剛剛send 咗application啦.

3#
發表於 05-12-14 14:45 |只看該作者

ashleymama

你好  
我未參觀過校舍架,你呢   同埋依個學校有無Nursery架
??

我係聽過個個親戚話依間好好,因為佢個女都想讀,但奈何考果陣話佢個囡囡英文唔夠好喎  

同埋佢話依間國際學校最好係由幼稚園定唔知幼兒園開始入去讀(除非你英文好好就可以插班),咁就會直升,如果中途你想轉第二間國際學校,基本上間間都會收,係呢,你個小朋友有幾大??我個囡囡啱啱1歲,我應該幾時申請好呢

4#
發表於 05-12-14 15:18 |只看該作者

Hi ashleymama,

Which grade is little one apply for?  I am sending in application for Reception for my son.  I agree the tuition fee is rather expensive so it probably be a secondary choice for us over other international schools.

Cheers,

5#
發表於 05-12-15 17:11 |只看該作者

Dear all,

I am applying for reception also. Japanese Int'l School starts from Reception to P6. It accepts children at Age 4 for reception class so you can send application once your child reach age of 3. you can check the web site for detail info. (such as born date of eligible application).

yes it is quite difficult to get into this school as it requires your child to have really good english.

I think JIS is not really that expensive compares to other Int'l Schools such as HLYIS...etc. It seems expensive only when you compare to ESF (Primary fees at $4,xxx) .But in JIS you can study a second language(Mandarin / Japanese), so if your child go to ESF and go for after school class to learn mandarin, the total cost spent will almost be the same.

regards

6#
發表於 05-12-17 16:53 |只看該作者

ashleymama
想問你會唔會有JIS website呢?? thanks!!!

7#
發表於 05-12-19 15:37 |只看該作者

Dear Jne_Jne,
Check this:www.hkjs.edu.hk
ashleymama

8#
發表於 06-1-6 23:35 |只看該作者

Dear All,
My daughter had an interview with JIS just today and we received acceptence right away. My daughter will transfter to reception class after chinese new year. I was so impressed when the principal guided us to the "trip" of the school. JIS really has an excellent school environment (library, cooking room, gym room, music room, computer room, heated swimming pools...etc). my girl loves the school so much! also I am glad that her class is really an "international" with more than half of the students are westerns / native english speakers. I think this school is so good and I even feel sorry to treat it as second choice before.

9#
發表於 06-1-7 09:47 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

10#
發表於 06-1-11 15:08 |只看該作者

Dear Ashleymama,

Congratulations!
Would you let us know more details about the JIS interview?

Cheers
snchiu

11#
發表於 06-1-12 00:39 |只看該作者

Dear all,
Sure. The interview was held by the principal. He is very friendly. He started with a free talk, then he took out a book and asked questions related to the story. He also asked my girl to write her name and some letters and numbers. Then he guided us to a walk and talked to the kid during the walk. He expected the child should understand english very well and can express herself in fluent english. There are only 20 seats available and now there is about 14 children. The principal said there are many waiting lists at this moment and he is quite selective to accept new student as he wants to keep the english level to be high.
There is no application fees but  HK$500 interview fees charged upon the interview.

12#
發表於 06-1-12 12:35 |只看該作者

Dear Ashleymama,

Thanks for the information.

Was there a warm-up time in order to let the kid overcome the stranger-anxiety?

I know the class size is 20 for the reception class.  When you said there have been 14 children, you meant the current reception class for children aged 4, or you meant the reception class to be offered in the coming August?  

I noticed that you have applied to Shatin Junior as well, and so your daughter should be already 4.  My girl is only 3.  

Cheers
snchiu

13#
發表於 06-1-12 14:16 |只看該作者

Dear Snchiu,
Yes my girl is already 4. Actually I applied to both SJS and JIS for the coming september P1 class. However, JIS offers us  a seat for the current reception class so i deceided to switch right after CNY. As i heard that the reception class teacher is very very good so i think it will be good for my girl to go to her class then to P1 in september. Currently the reception class has only 14 students. I have to wait for a later interview in around April or May if I apply to p1 directly. I don't want to take a risk because at that time it might be too limit in time to look for other schools.
So your girl is 3 now, will you apply to JIS reception class?
regards,
ashleymama

14#
發表於 06-1-12 14:56 |只看該作者

Dear Ashleymama,

Yes, I sent the application for the 06/07 academic year in JIS reception class shortly before Xmas, and got a phone call last week acknowledging the receipt of the form.

I have no idea whether my girl will be interviewed at all.  Even she will, I'm not particularly optimistic.  She is very strong minded, or stubborn if you like, so that if she decides not to open up for any weird reasons, she will just keep her mouth shut.  And the problem will be getting worse if anyone, especially a stranger, pushes her.  

That's why I would like to know if there would be a warm-up time for her to overcome the stranger/strangeland-anxiety.  You mentioned that you had a free chat with the principal before he showed a book to your girl.  The free chat was between you and the principal or between the kid and the principal?

Cheers
snchiu

15#
發表於 06-1-14 12:13 |只看該作者

Dear snchiu,
I heard from another parent that her daughter did not say anything at the very begining. However, Mr. M (the principal) has his own way to open up children's month. He is very friendly. The free talk was between the kid and the principal. The interview was very relaxing and not too formal that may scare the kids.  I also notice that my girl is not willing to talk to other "westerns" beside her own private teacher, though she can express well in english . Therefore in the last year I sent my girl to different kinds of english playgroups just to let her "meet" different "foreigners" then she will not afraid to chat with them.I think your girl should be ok as long as she understands what the principal says. Also, show him more about a story about a dog named "spot" since the principal uses this book in the interview.
Good luck!
ashleymama

16#
發表於 06-1-16 12:33 |只看該作者

Dear Ashleymama,

Thanks.  I'm a bit relaxed.  If my girl does not meet their standard, it's fine; what I would like to see is that she opens up in the interview to let the principal assess her level.  

Do you have any plan in mind for your daugher's secondary school?

Cheers
snchiu

17#
發表於 06-1-16 21:28 |只看該作者

not yet....so far target is KGV. what about you?

18#
發表於 06-1-17 10:20 |只看該作者

The top one on my list is German-Swiss.  I don't think my girl meets their standard at this moment.  

KGV has a nice campus and good students. However, the average academic level is not too high because it also has not so good students.  A colleague's daugther is teaching there and my colleague told me that their good students were really good and not-so-good students were really not so good...  Nevertheless, KGV is still one of my favourites.

Of course everything above is just a waking dream and what I have to worry about is how to let my girl be admitted to a good primary school first.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題