用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Any comment about Australian IS?
發新帖
查看: 2270|回覆: 12
go

Any comment about Australian IS? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-12-2 01:18 |只看該作者

Any comment about Australian IS?

thx for sharing.

2#
發表於 05-12-2 16:25 |只看該作者

Re: Any comment about Australian IS?

Hi mamameia,

I posted the same question couple months ago but no feedback :(  I have friends and neighbours kids attending AIS and they love the school.  However talking to their admission office unless you are australian or new zealander there will little chance to get admitted.  My son was born Dec/02 and the lady said since we not Oz/NZer, plus my son is consider as small kid, it is very slim chance.  It was quite disappointing so we not bother will the application, save the 1.5K.

3#
發表於 05-12-2 16:44 |只看該作者

I have the same experience too. My son has very little chance to get a place because we have no Australia or NZ passport. But my neighbour's daughter is studing in AIS because she is a half-half.

4#
發表於 05-12-2 16:52 |只看該作者

Hi ccy4921,

So did you send application to AIS?  If so have you heard from them?  We have applied for ICS in FuTan and should get interview sometime in Jan/06.  My hubby wanted me to apply for Canadian international school because both of us are canadian, I rejected the idea because it is simply too far for my son to travel from TaiPo.

Cheers,
Stockinette

5#
發表於 05-12-2 21:02 |只看該作者

Stockinette,

My son was born on Aug 08. What is the first day I can submit the apply form?

Is it first come first serve?

Thanks a lot~~

6#
發表於 05-12-3 08:59 |只看該作者

Hi Yannass,

Which year is that?  AISHK cutoff is July, my son born on Dec/2002, would not be qualify to start reception until 2007.  I think the best is for you to call the school http://www.aishk.edu.hk/contact/index.shtml

Cheers,
Stockinette

7#
發表於 05-12-3 22:07 |只看該作者

Stockinette,

If the cutoff is July, my child would fall into the same school year as your little one. That's what I actually wondered the other day looking at their website. Is their Reception is for 4 years old? Prep year is like a primary one (5 years old) in other international schools? How does a child transfer from other schools which usually start in Sept. and end in June?
I'm still counting this school in for my daughter as she's australian and we'll probably move there when she turns to a certain secondary school age.
Thanks for sharing!

8#
發表於 05-12-4 16:08 |只看該作者

Dear Stockinette,
I never send an application to AIS, because I asked the admission Dept. of AIS already. I am also apply to CIS even we live in Castle Peak Road because I like the concept of this school very much. I have a friend who are canadian too, they applied to CIS four times already. They told me they didn't have priority.

9#
發表於 05-12-5 14:01 |只看該作者

Hi luluonthemoon,

Reception is for 3.5 -> 4.5 year old, follow by primary preparatory (=primary 1).  If you would like your child to start 2007 in your application form specify year group of Reception.  You better submit you application soon as it seems the school is quite popular.  

Good luck!

10#
發表於 05-12-5 14:11 |只看該作者

Hi ccy4921,

Oh it is surprising to hear canadian not have priority as I was told all (canadian and non-canadian) are in the same queue by priority is given to canadian, oh well.  

Good luch with your application!

11#
發表於 05-12-5 23:39 |只看該作者

Hi Stockinette,

Thanks for sharing. At the same time, I gave the school a buzz and booked the school tour this week as the closing of the term is just around the corner. Will see what I can find there.
In fact, I'm not considering the Reception for my child since she is making the most of her days at ICS and we have decided to keep her for K2. But for primary education, AISHK may be one of our choices as well as JIS and ICS. You know, every school has its own good points and drawbacks. Making a final call is not always easy....
The first thing the lady on the phone asked me was about my chlid's passport. She did say that they put a priority on OZ and NZ passport holders. And she asked me to start applying for it from next month as my child would-be school year is Jan. 2008, if I wish my child a primary one there. The interview is nomally held in Aug., according to her. But I have something in mind, "what if my child can take an interview in Aug. 2007? If she's accepted, how is she gonna kill her time until Jan. 2008? If she fails, where should she go for a primary education??" I will ask this transition-related questions when I go there.
Oh, but their waiting list is long anyway, it may be like I'm jumping the gun...    

12#
發表於 05-12-7 13:55 |只看該作者

Hi luluonthemoon,

We actually prefer AISHK over ICS because it is one of the international school that offer more mandarin sessions.  My friend's son who studied in AISHK has penpal (arrange by school) in china where he has to write to him/her in chinese, so I appreciate the school effort in rising the kid's interest in chinese.

Though we live in taipo but I never consider JIS, perhaps old fashion thinking but I could not accept Japan changing their history book on second world war; just my personal view.  Have you visited this school, what's your comments on this school.

13#
發表於 05-12-7 14:38 |只看該作者

Hi luluonthemoon,

After I wrote my previous message I thought perhaps I should be open minded and gave JIS a call.  A gentleman picked up the phone and we chatted for a while only when I asked for his name and he told me his is the principal, somehow the line got to him     

Anyway talking a very down to earth principal and realize they offer daily putonghua starting from primary one completely changed my initial thought of not applying there.  The principal also suggest I can apply for Hong Lok Yuen and Shatin Junior, very good schools he said.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖