搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 Maryknoll Convent School
查看: 6011|回覆: 26
go

Maryknoll Convent School [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-11-22 17:26 |只看該作者

Maryknoll Convent School

My daugther is lucky at the luck draw, having a seat in Maryknoll.  Can anybody give me some comments on this school.  I would like to hear some drawbacks except her reputations.
thanks a tonne!

2#
發表於 05-11-22 17:37 |只看該作者

Re: Maryknoll Convent School

很羨慕妳個女可以入到此學校,因我也很心儀這間學校。讀落去至算啦!程度深和多功課就一定的了,但妳要諗,真的有很多人連想都想唔到至得格!

不過,剛剛今天才有個家長朋友說,她有兩個女都讀緊Maryknoll,但她不想第三個女讀喎,言下之意,妳自己諗啦。這間學校是好,但也有不好的地方;因我不是當事人,只是聽人說,所以不想說太多,免得誤導。

3#
發表於 05-11-22 17:37 |只看該作者

she needs to give <200% hardworking[quote]

4#
發表於 05-11-22 19:55 |只看該作者

Thanks for your comments.  Any more drawbacks?
Most worried that she may not be able to get used to the teaching method and lots of homework!  Is it ducky-feeding?  How long does a child do homework everyday?  How is it comparing with DGS?

5#
發表於 05-11-22 20:06 |只看該作者

Don't listen to rumours.

There isn't too much homework especially for primary one.  Usually, a kids needs 30min to an hour to finish their homework.

6#
發表於 05-11-22 23:33 |只看該作者

Dear mamamolly,

Is it because your child a "fast worker"?  My daughter is in Kentville now and she spends over one hour to finish her homework (3 per day).  I am really worried that she may need to spend a lot of time doing her homework and studying.....

7#
發表於 05-11-22 23:43 |只看該作者

MT,

恭喜你.

學校不會教深一級,亦都不多功課(upto p2 now),讀得非常之輕鬆.如果兩三樣功課都叫做多的話,我冇話可說.

8#
發表於 05-11-23 00:10 |只看該作者

Thanks Branster & thanks zz,  I'll register for her anyway.   Wait until the last minute to make up my mind.

9#
發表於 05-11-23 01:31 |只看該作者

Dear Brankster,

My child is also a "slow" worker.  There REALLY isn't that much homework.  You can ask any mom with a child studying in Maryknoll and they will give you the same answer.

There are, however, some drawbacks.  Firstly, there is a reading scheme and your child is required to read many books.  This maybe one of the reasons why there isn't much homework.  

Secondly, as the headmistress will inform you later, your child is required to get at least 85 points in each subject to be promoted.  This can easily be achieved in P.1, but it's more difficult starting from P.2, especially on Chinese Language.
該用戶已被刪除

10#
發表於 05-11-23 02:05 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

11#
發表於 05-11-23 10:02 |只看該作者

Fatherofdaughter 寫道:
My friend said the worker load is not high at all. And they got very good way to motivate the child. SO just GO.

.. Agreed, i deeply believe most of famous school have a heavy homework to maintain the standard of students. The importance is how to motivate the students getting the fun from learning....

congratulations on MT assignment; I think in your mind, no more drawbacks will change your decision on assigned school!! This is a dream school for most of parents. Who care the minor drawbacks???
;-) 學做人, 求知識 :-P

12#
發表於 05-11-23 11:02 |只看該作者

MT 寫道:
My daugther is lucky at the luck draw, having a seat in Maryknoll.  Can anybody give me some comments on this school.  I would like to hear some drawbacks except her reputations.
thanks a tonne!

Congraluation!   
Do you mind to tell us how much score you have and how many seats available for the next round drawing?

13#
發表於 05-11-23 13:43 |只看該作者

Dear mamamolly,

Thank you for your insight.  I believe my child would like to hear that little homework need to be done.  That means, she can have more time to concentrate on her Chinese Language, which is her weakest subject.

I hope she will enjoy the school...

14#
發表於 05-11-23 15:48 |只看該作者

iltt 寫道:

Congraluation!   
Do you mind to tell us how much score you have and how many seats available for the next round drawing?

Hi iltt,
I got 20 marks, (first kid + catholic).  I know they had accepted 93 students whilst there may be 200 seats (5 classes x 40).   Still have chance!  Wish you can bingo!!

15#
發表於 05-11-24 10:17 |只看該作者

請問MT您囡囡在哪一間幼稚園讀呀?您覺得有無關係呢?

16#
發表於 05-11-24 10:57 |只看該作者

我囡囡都係 20 分派到 Maryknoll 呀!!

17#
發表於 05-11-24 12:52 |只看該作者

moooon 寫道:
請問MT您囡囡在哪一間幼稚園讀呀?您覺得有無關係呢?

no relation with the kindergarten, just counting marks, it is just a matter of luck!  She is studying in an very active kindergarten, I'm afraid she is not able to get used to the traditional learning environment.

18#
發表於 05-11-25 01:15 |只看該作者

congratulation.這是一間好學校,只是要看適不適合自己女兒。我女現在P.1。上年我第一輪入心情跟你一樣。現在上了快三个月了。比想像中好。她很喜歡上學和老師們。只是做媽媽的你要放開点,不要老是着重成績,這樣会好一點。

19#
發表於 05-11-25 16:55 |只看該作者

chanice625 寫道:
congratulation.這是一間好學校,只是要看適不適合自己女兒。我女現在P.1。上年我第一輪入心情跟你一樣。現在上了快三个月了。比想像中好。她很喜歡上學和老師們。只是做媽媽的你要放開点,不要老是着重成績,這樣会好一點。

thanks so much chanice625.    Is your daughter getting used to the tests and exams?   Does she like the pattern?   Do you need to push her everyday or she can take initiative ?   Apart from school life, is she able to spare some time for learning others, such as sports or drawing etc?

20#
發表於 05-11-26 00:31 |只看該作者

my daughter is a very lazy lazy girl.she is typical 踢一步走一步的人.我時常說你這种小朋友不適合傳统学校,要她轉国際学校,但他就是很喜歡。所以我每天都要人釘人的幫他看功課,對handbook.我覺得是我比他辛苦,尤其是test or exam,我直情覺得比以前自己去考試還緊張。時間是有的,星期六、日便free.功課真的不多,而且老師比我想像中有愛心和慈祥。小朋友是很易適應的,你要檐心都擔心自己先啦!最緊要EQ啊!唔係先激死係自己先啊!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題