教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 有否家長之BB被蘇折reject?
發新帖
查看: 875|回覆: 7
go

有否家長之BB被蘇折reject? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-11-17 16:02 |只看該作者

有否家長之BB被蘇折reject?

My son is not performing well but still offered K1 pm, just wonder if they accept most people as they have many classes.

2#
發表於 05-11-17 16:45 |只看該作者

Re: 有否家長之BB被蘇折reject?

My girl just said bye bye and mixed up apples with orange.  She was offered K1 am.
But I think KC cannot accept all applicants... Too many of them.
Maybe not performing good is better than crying and screaming.  And I think the school will take into consideration background of the kid.

3#
發表於 05-11-17 16:55 |只看該作者

Thanks for your commments.

It's true, not speaking is better than screaming. My son also cannot pick the right colour the teacher asked.

I have not decided whehter to take this school as the campus is quite old. As this is his first (or only?)offer. Still waiting for SKH, St Paul and LLC.

What about you?

4#
發表於 05-11-18 10:33 |只看該作者

hi bettym,
KC is my first choice, so after receiving the acceptance letter, I only took my girl to Victoria and SKH.  
Thinking about whether to apply st. Paul's as my girl was born in Sep and the chance is minimal.

I don't plan to apply LLC at all as my friend's daughter had a hard time graduating from LLC and promoted to 英皇同學會小學.  LLC's syllabus too simple, so the kid  has to work extra hard in P.1.

Regarding SKH, it's my mom in law's favourite and Mount Butler is very near to my home.  I know nothing about it.  My mom in law's friend's son studied there,  very good chinese standard and was accepted by st. paul's co-ed.... I hope that I shall receive reject letter today.  Ha Ha.  Don't want any conflict regarding kinder with my mom in law
If I were to pay the expensive tuition fee of st. Paul's co-ed, I would rather let my girl study KCIS.

In my opinion, KC's Mandarin environment is most valuable.

My elder girl is in Mandarin and Eng class in Victoria.  She can speak good Mandarin now.  If I put my younger girl in Cantonese speaking kinder, I would have to spend a lot of time and money to get this result.

Did you got letter from SKH?  Some got it already.

5#
發表於 05-11-18 11:50 |只看該作者

Hi  Bobo,

I have not received letter from SKH (Butler) yet. But my friend got one from Central. But got offer letter from Lingnan.

Will wait till today for SKH.  But not sure about KC. I also buy the Mandarin environment  but just worry my small son cannot adapt there as our home speak Cantonese. Also he is now in Victoria Eng/Chi section, still struggling to change or not. But LLC is definitely not intererest after the interview.

6#
發表於 05-11-19 01:22 |只看該作者

Hi bettym,
I finally received acceptance letter from SKH.  Have to pay $660 coming Wed.  I informed my mom in law and is awaiting her reply.
My elder girl was born in Nov.  We only speak Eng and Cantonese at home.  She was in Eng/Cantonese section in K1 and just changed to Eng/Putongha in K2.  She only had some difficulties in her first month and she learned Mandarin very very fast.  So adaptation is not a problem for normal child.
My young girl is very slow in speech development and my sister in law always asks me to take her to see doctor.  So I am worried that Mandarin environment may not suit her if she does not improve soon enough.  健康院要我半年再check.  She is 2 years old and 2 months but still say 單字.  手、腳呢D音都係呢個星期先識講.
I think 呢$660 都要俾硬做保險.

7#
發表於 05-11-20 22:20 |只看該作者

Hi  Boboc

I think if you live so near Mt Butler, SKH, this is a very good choice, just wonder why you need you mon-in-law's opinion? I did not even ask my mom,just talk to friends or colleages.

8#
發表於 05-11-21 10:26 |只看該作者

Hi bettym,
She's very involved, caring, more knowledgeable than average moms, and the 4 kids that raised up by her all became professionals with happy families.  She has her way of rearing kids and I respect her and seek opinions from her.  
In fact, I did not know about SKH before and it's her that told me that there is a good kinder nearby.  
Today she will have lunch with a past SKH student's parent (Mount Butler) to get more info of the school.
She is the type that spends all her energy for her next generations.
But comments I got from others also tend to favour SKH more than KC because 1) one can learn mandarin from outside source, 2) it is better to choose a kinder close to home, so that I can take my kid to school to meet the teachers and have more understanding of my kid
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖