教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 DBSPD 定 St Paul Coed 好?
樓主: TINBA
go

DBSPD 定 St Paul Coed 好? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 05-11-13 21:56 |只看該作者

Re: DBSPD 定 St Paul Coed 好?

Hi, Rachethew,
Thanks for your reply.  I'm waiting for the result from SPCC.   

42#
發表於 05-11-15 09:57 |只看該作者

Hi ms

有好消息未呀?

ms 寫道:
Hi, Rachethew,
Thanks for your reply.  I'm waiting for the result from SPCC.   

43#
發表於 05-11-15 10:12 |只看該作者

Dear Ms

Any idea when they will release results?

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

44#
發表於 05-11-15 10:18 |只看該作者

我朋友話尋日去spcc堅小(佢係家長), 見到嬸嬸貼緊信封
應該好快有消息喇
second in左既各位, 祝好運啦

45#
發表於 05-11-15 14:37 |只看該作者

Hi, moms,

Thanks for your concern.  My friends keep calling me asking the same question.  It really makes me feel very anxious these days.

I haven't received any news from SPCC even Good Hope (when everybody said they received the acceptance letters!).  Although I'm unlikely go for GH, I really want to know the result!

Dear Charlotte-mon,
Do you know if no 2nd in. for 堅小?

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

46#
發表於 05-11-15 16:57 |只看該作者

老老實實, 如果無second in, 當然係玩完啦(都call完in完晒lor, 仲等消息咩 )

王國長老

47#
發表於 05-11-15 17:15 |只看該作者

係喎,我姪女個幾兩個星期前已經second interview左,而家應該只係second in 左既人等消息,如果無second in既應該無機會架喇。

Charlotte_mom 寫道:
老老實實, 如果無second in, 當然係玩完啦(都call完in完晒lor, 仲等消息咩 )

48#
發表於 05-11-15 17:26 |只看該作者

Sorry, 我意思是坚小是不是得一次interview.  Sorry.

王國長老

49#
發表於 05-11-15 17:30 |只看該作者

唔係吖,有second interview架。
前排in 晒架喇。

ms 寫道:
Sorry, 我意思是坚小是不是得一次interview.  Sorry.

50#
發表於 05-11-15 17:31 |只看該作者

Thanks.

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

51#
發表於 05-11-15 18:14 |只看該作者

校長講左first in之後, 會shortlist100出黎second in, 而其中56人會有offer, 其他44人係waitlist(如果無記錯, 希望無撈亂第二間)
所以...我都無second in, 平常心啦, 天涯何處無芳草

52#
發表於 05-11-15 19:39 |只看該作者

我個仔2ND IN 左堅小,不是太好。我想只會有WAITING LIST....     
:-D

53#
發表於 05-11-15 23:02 |只看該作者

照計 2nd in 係 in 家長,唔會點問小朋友! 唔使太擔心啦!  

有得 2nd in 既小朋友已經係first round 表現得非常卓越,先到家長有得 2nd in. 故勿論最後收唔收,已經要大力表揚小朋友!     

TINBA 寫道:
我個仔2ND IN 左堅小,不是太好。我想只會有WAITING LIST....     

54#
發表於 05-11-19 02:41 |只看該作者

Hi Tinba,

Is this question still bothering you these days ?  I have a hard time choosing SPCC to DGJS last year, and was still doubtful after my daughter started school this September.  One of my worry is SPCC is a Chinese Primary School and my daughter loves English and is advance in English learning.  But after a few months in SPCC, I start to realise something that I did not see before.

My daughter easily get 100 in all her English tests and dictations.  This fosters her interest in English reading and writing.  There are not much English homework but there is free English Drama / phonic ECA, 4 NET teachers in a class of 28 students, many English reading, etc.  My daughter begs me to purchase English exercise books for her and she enjoys learning English by herself at home.  It seems she is learning English in an environment without pressure.

On the other hand, her Chinese improves greatly in the Chinese environment, particularly in comparison to her friends studying in DGJS or an English Primary School.  She finishes a page of Chinese writing now in 5 minutes, memorizes and dictates a chapter of Chinese text book in 10-15 minutes.  She reads and writes much more Chinese.  I heard that many of her friends in an English Primary School are afraid of doing Chinese homework and tests, and resist reading Chinese books.  It's harder to learn Chinese and so it is right to expose the child to more Chinese at a younger age.

I also find the kids at DGJS getting more arrogant, and proud of themselves as the elite studying in the best school.  It seems the parents are getting more arrogant too, boasting how difficult is their kids' academic work.  It is only now that I understand why some parents here said that the SPCC children are more humble.

It's some insight to share with you all.

55#
發表於 05-11-19 11:10 |只看該作者

Gogochurch,

As a DGJS parent, I found your comments on the girls and parents upsetting.

I was also given a choice between SPCC and DGJS. Without a sibling concern, my decision was purely personal – What would work the best for my child? After collation of all the information for a decision that has life-long bearing, I finally made up my mind with no regret.

My daughter came from an English kindergarten. She was reluctant to learn Chinese, and often complained that Chinese was very difficult. Imagine what would happen if I put her in a Chinese school? The higher probability was she would sink. The same principle applies to those DGJS girls from Chinese kindergartens. Unless their parents have given them a lot of extra language support, their school life could be difficult.

My child's class did a General Studies exercise in school the other day. They were asked to opt for the subject they liked the most. Surprisingly, Chinese is the most welcome.

Despite learning in an 80% English environment, my child's Chinese ability has improved a great deal. She does not have much homework to do, but can now read a lot more Chinese characters. She finishes 每日一篇 on her own, with 100% accuracy. Besides, her Chinese dictation is always 100% right. Now, her interest in Chinese has greatly enhanced. Indeed, she would urge me to buy her Chinese storybooks.

How could it be boastful by saying that DGJS' academic work is difficult? If I could, I would rather say that my child found the work EASY! I have once shown my friend a P.1 English test paper. Her comment was not all P5 students in Chinese primary schools know how to do it.

You mentioned in another topic that you would like to enroll your son in DBSPD, an English primary school! How do you rationalize your paradox? Anyway, if I had a son to follow, I would choose SPCC.

With NO offence but in DEFENCE,

Critor

gogochurch 寫道:

I have a hard time choosing SPCC to DGJS last year, and was still doubtful after my daughter started school this September.  One of my worry is SPCC is a Chinese Primary School and my daughter loves English and is advance in English learning.  But after a few months in SPCC, I start to realise something that I did not see before.

My daughter easily get 100 in all her English tests and dictations.  This fosters her interest in English reading and writing.  There are not much English homework but there is free English Drama / phonic ECA, 4 NET teachers in a class of 28 students, many English reading, etc.  My daughter begs me to purchase English exercise books for her and she enjoys learning English by herself at home.  It seems she is learning English in an environment without pressure.

On the other hand, her Chinese improves greatly in the Chinese environment, particularly in comparison to her friends studying in DGJS or an English Primary School.  She finishes a page of Chinese writing now in 5 minutes, memorizes and dictates a chapter of Chinese text book in 10-15 minutes.  She reads and writes much more Chinese.  I heard that many of her friends in an English Primary School are afraid of doing Chinese homework and tests, and resist reading Chinese books.  It's harder to learn Chinese and so it is right to expose the child to more Chinese at a younger age.

I also find the kids at DGJS getting more arrogant, and proud of themselves as the elite studying in the best school.  It seems the parents are getting more arrogant too, boasting how difficult is their kids' academic work.  It is only now that I understand why some parents here said that the SPCC children are more humble.

It's some insight to share with you all.

56#
發表於 05-11-19 20:58 |只看該作者

Citor/Gogochurch,

When did you make the decision on the school?

Can we regrister 2 DSS at the same time and give up only before school year starts?

57#
發表於 05-11-19 21:38 |只看該作者

Citor/Gogochurch,

I want to know too.  I am so lucky that my son is admitted to SPCC and have 2nd in with DBSPD in coming week.  I will register next week in SPCC, but in case of I got offer from DBSPD in mid of Dec.  Can I register too? then make decision to either one.

Thanks and best regards,
Iris

58#
發表於 05-11-20 02:25 |只看該作者

Critor,

It is nice to hear different views in BK and please don't feel offended.  I am sure your mail has enlightened a lot of parents too and affirmed their choice of DGJS.

As I have said, my opinion of SPCC has been changing since September.  There is also no guarantee that my son will be accepted and I will probably apply the DBS Primary School for him too.  I think it is just a matter of strategy to opt for the best possible school.

59#
發表於 05-11-20 10:52 |只看該作者

Critor,

I want to further clarify that my son's education is not a criteria in our selection of SPCC to DGJS.  Though maybe most parents think that we should have been.  I think the child has her own right which should not be compromised for the sake of her brother.  We also feel that after placing our daughter, we are more experience in preparing our son for primary school.

A further note : I agree that my comments in my previous mail on DGJS kids and parents are too offensive and please accept my apology.  There are different kinds of parents and kids and afterall, I only met very few of them.

60#
發表於 05-11-20 10:53 |只看該作者

Sorry that I do not know if we can accept two DSS at the same time, for I have only accepted the offer of one DSS.  My guess is that we cannot.
markuswesley 寫道:
Citor/Gogochurch,

When did you make the decision on the school?

Can we regrister 2 DSS at the same time and give up only before school year starts?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題