搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 港大同學會結果
樓主: Charlotte_mom
go

港大同學會結果 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 05-10-25 18:24 |只看該作者

Re: 港大同學會結果

I called HKUGA this afternoon.  The staff said there are 4 kind of letters will be sent out ( Top Waiting list, Waiting list, Reject and Accept)  For the top waiting list, there are only few people, so the rate to get into school is very easy.  For those who put in the waiting list,  lt's still have chance to get a seat, but it's hard to confirm the number of sucessful applicants because there are too many applicants. (There were more than 10 waiting list applicants can enter the school finally).  I asked the staff how can we know the priority of the applicant in the waiting list, she answered the school has their own list already and not suggest the parents to send any letters to the Principle.   By the experience of last year, the principle will only ask the staff just file those letters but without a look.  (The staff told me)           

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

22#
發表於 05-10-25 19:23 |只看該作者

多謝你既留言, 你真好彩咁都俾你問到!
或者我應該知足, 起碼唔係reject letter...
不過我唔會咁易放棄既

23#
發表於 05-10-25 20:32 |只看該作者

I called hkuga twice in afternoon.  The first time they answer me is around 20 or more pepole were placed to top waiting list.  After an hour , i called again , but, the answer is the figure is secret not open to public.  SORRY!  i getting confuse it.  Natnatchu, did the staff told you how few is it?????????????for top waiting list!!!!!!!!!!!    

24#
發表於 05-10-25 21:20 |只看該作者

I asked her the number of  top waiting list applicants, she told me clearly that it's only a few. But nobody knows the actual number.  They will not issue the figure to the public.  Don't be too upset, better luck in other school.       

25#
發表於 05-10-25 22:19 |只看該作者

Don't give up for those in the waiting list.  To my understanding, most of the children accepted by HKUGAPS have applied other DSS/private schools.  They may be also accepted by these DSS/private schools in the following few months because these schools are looking for the same kind of kids in the market.  Once they are accpeted by school A, school B, school C and school D will come.  My friends either have no offer or have several offers (very extreme).  They will choose one of them finally.  May be HKUGAPS or not. So you still have a chance if you are in the waiting list.  

26#
發表於 05-10-25 22:23 |只看該作者

Luckily, my daughter has been accepted by the school and the registration is started from 27/10 to 29/10.  

27#
發表於 05-10-25 22:58 |只看該作者

My daughter was interviewed in the p.m. of 21.10.05.  My husband saw the list and the last group should be134.

My husband   and I believe that the school showed no preference to HKU graduates nor did it give extra credits to those who had submitted the portfolio.   The fact is we are not HKU grads and we did not submitted any portfolio but our daughter was one of the fortunate ones to be admitted.  

28#
發表於 05-10-25 23:07 |只看該作者

Hi makbycyrus, bunana,
Congratulations.

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

29#
發表於 05-10-25 23:13 |只看該作者

好羡慕啊, congratulations!
衷心鄧你地高興

30#
發表於 05-10-25 23:16 |只看該作者

A good school should only focus on the capability of the kids and the education philiosophy and believes of the parents but not those time-consuming and non value-added works (e.g. making a nice portfolio) that the parents done for their kids.

If a school wants to know more background of the kid, it should clearly indicate in the application form the exact type of information that should be provided by the parents but not just let the parents to submit additional materials they like in order to test whether the parents concern their kids' education. It is just a waste of time and effort to prepare such a beautiful and nice portfolio. I would prefer to spend the time with my kid in a more meaningful way instead.  

bunana 寫道:
My daughter was interviewed in the p.m. of 21.10.05.  My husband saw the list and the last group should be134.

My husband   and I believe that the school showed no preference to HKU graduates nor did it give extra credits to those who had submitted the portfolio.   The fact is we are not HKU grads and we did not submitted any portfolio but our daughter was one of the fortunate ones to be admitted.  

31#
發表於 05-10-25 23:18 |只看該作者

Dear cwspat,

You are right. The famous schools look for kids of the same high calibre and the end result is that the famous schools remain famous. Any school with more than 1400 applicants each year are bound to get kids of high calibre. They get the cream of the cream. To name a few of these famous schools, they are HKUGAPS, St Paul's Convent, St Paul Co-ed on Hong Kong side. There are more than 1000 places offered by all famous schools in the whole of HK, KLN and the NT. So there is a good chance that your kid will get into one famous school. Try to write to the Principal and that is the most effective way to get into a famous school.

32#
發表於 05-10-25 23:25 |只看該作者

Congratulations !!!!

Your kid must be the happiest child in the world. It is like getting a first prize in the Mark Six.

Take a look at the HKUGA Edu Fund which supported the runing of the school and you will know the school is strongly backed up by the HKU and closely related to thr HKU.

33#
發表於 05-10-25 23:28 |只看該作者

Congratulations!!!

34#
發表於 05-10-26 00:19 |只看該作者

Dear motheroffour

Agreed.  I have applied these schools including HKUGAPS, St Paul Boys, St Paul Co-ed, DBS and etc. My friend's daughter and my son are luckily accepted by HKUGAPS today.  If other famous schools provide a offer to our kids, we will consider it.  So at that time, there are two vacancies in HKUGAPS, the ones in the top waiting list can get a place there.  

I think during these period, those in the waiting list should keep in touch with the Principal.  Send your update profile with latest certificates, school reports and etc to show your enthusiastic.

35#
發表於 05-10-26 09:52 |只看該作者

Geppetto and Charlotte_mom,

多謝你們的祝賀!

Charlotte_mom, 我好希望將來我個女可以同你個小朋友做同學仔呀! 比心機呀!!

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

36#
發表於 05-10-26 09:56 |只看該作者

makbycyrus
多謝, 雖然vvchik2005機會俾我大, 我都唔會就咁放棄既, 我已經積極做緊野架喇

vvchik2005
其實你都唔好太擔心啦, 如果top wait list真係唔多人, 你都好有機姐!
再唔係, 誠意搭夠, by hand拎封信去啦, 有幫助既!
祝你成功!

37#
發表於 05-10-26 10:14 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

38#
發表於 05-10-26 10:24 |只看該作者

得個頭咩, 排隊都未到我啦