教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 真道面試
樓主: ivanbb
go

真道面試 [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 05-10-20 12:18 |只看該作者

Re: 真道面試

HuiTung,

我已經2nd in 左,不過interview 果陣無提到呢個問題,事關我係簡介會個日校長都已經係話行IB,應該冇變(掛?).  我本身不抗拒IB,又不討厭會考,個人感覺係將來香港d公開試都會走國際化路線,就算唔係,而家多左咁多學校行IB,我諗到左12年之後,香港d大學都會考慮IB學生掛?!

不過我都唔係淨係同佢報左真道呢類非主流學校,傳統學校都有報架!如果好彩考到有得選擇先再諗清楚,到時可能又要請教大家!(希望真係有咁既機會!)
http://bb5.babyhome.com.tw/UPLOAD7/123340/129075.10908320.72074.jpg

42#
發表於 05-10-20 13:17 |只看該作者

勞媽媽:

但其實優才都係會考 IB, 我個囡都係真道同優才兩間都有考, 我都係鍾意佢地會考 IB

:  :

43#
發表於 05-10-20 15:05 |只看該作者

mummy2000,

咁你有冇報蔡繼有?都係行IB!我個女11月5日interview啦!

44#
發表於 05-10-20 15:20 |只看該作者

libch,

我地去in果日,校長冇提過要去西貢返學,反而有提過要去赤柱,但係我就聽唔清楚係幾年級去,唔知係4年級定5年級?去一年,然後返

45#
發表於 05-10-20 15:23 |只看該作者

勞媽媽,

我舊年幫大仔報咗7間小學,因為自己無好好準備,無諗清楚小兒適合甚麽學校,自己都唔知做乜,總之乜種類學校都報:有傳统的、有新派的、有活動的、有話IB的、有高程度多功課的、有免功課免考試的、有中文的、有英文的...

現在襯有時間,一路研究啲學校同學制(傳统vs活動vsIBvs本地vs國際...),一路了解吓你個女,做個精明的選擇。

我朋友兒子不能

46#
發表於 05-10-20 15:46 |只看該作者

geppetto

Ths for your sharing. Could I ask you what school is your child studying ? Does he/she learn happily in the school ?   

47#
發表於 05-10-20 15:56 |只看該作者

唔好比"學校行IB"呢句話大倒.  比IBO authoriesd 行 Primary Year Programme 的香港小學現只有Kingston and HK Academy Primary School.  其他話行IB的都是未知數.  

48#
發表於 05-10-20 16:10 |只看該作者

SCHAU,
小兒讀陳守仁。
開心到不得了,不過其實佢好容易開心,我諗間間學校佢都會好開心(除非好深好多功課嘅学校),所以我不追求"愉快學習又唔洗考試"嘅學校,佢K1,K2讀咗兩年"愉快學習"嘅幼稚園我都覺得後悔。
SCHAU 寫道:
geppetto

Ths for your sharing. Could I ask you what school is your child studying ? Does he/she learn happily in the school ?   

49#
發表於 05-10-20 16:22 |只看該作者

geppetto,

我都有諗過下到底我個女適合讀邊類型學校,但係國際學校我就一早rule out 左,因為我堅持中國人一定要識中文.我都試過請教過個女既K2老師,睇下佢覺得小女比較適合讀傳統學校還是活動教學的學校,但老師話我個女兩樣都

50#
發表於 05-10-20 16:36 |只看該作者

咁係咪P.1搬去西貢, 一年後又搬去赤柱? 一間學校四分五裂, isolated school with isolated students, 好嗎?

西貢和赤柱好遠噃,使唔使咁有創意?唉!阿董都落臺成年啦!

51#
發表於 05-10-20 16:37 |只看該作者

勞媽媽,
我情况同你幾乎一樣,小兒好鍾意同女仔傾偈。
如果"兩樣都

52#
發表於 05-10-20 16:46 |只看該作者

geppetto,

其實有冇d咁理想既學校?宣道同陳守仁算唔算?

53#
發表於 05-10-20 16:48 |只看該作者

geppetto,

Thanks for your sharing. I think most PLK primary schools, esp. direct-subsidy school,  have similar characteristic as described by you as " "大路課程+活動教學+適量功課".

For 真道, some parents of my child classmates has already interviewed with the Principal today and they all viewed that their child would be offered a place as the Principal spent a lot of time explaining the school life and when a new school at Stanley available for students' learning. In fact, I also think if the child be selected for 2nd interview, the chance to get into this school is highest compared to other schools. Right ?  

54#
發表於 05-10-20 17:05 |只看該作者

judy 寫道:
[quote]咁係咪P.1搬去西貢, 一年後又搬去赤柱? 一間學校四分五裂, isolated school with isolated students, 好嗎?

西貢和赤柱好遠噃,使唔使咁有創意?唉!阿董都落臺成年啦!

[/quote]

妳講創意, 我同事同個女in完, 話有樣野好擔心.  因為校長太扑心扑命去做好間學校, 連暑假都不眠不休去做, 佢怕佢有日頂唔住, 跟著頂佢o個個又唔知有冇能力接手佢d咁有創意既野, 驚間學校唔知變成點云云 ...  

55#
發表於 05-10-20 17:30 |只看該作者

I am an ex-Logos parent. Last year, my girl was admitted after the 2nd interview and we paid the $2k school fees in Nov and gave up the chance to get into the LUCKY DRAW. She started her P1 life at Logos this Sep. The first week only had 2 days school and my girl went to school very happily even though they had full day of school from day 1. The next week, she was perfectly ok until Wed. She cried and on Thur she cried very badly at school and said she was not feeling well. Her classteacher called me and commented her "寸". She said my daughter didn't want to play with any kids but insisted to play only with Mami. She kept telling me that my girl became another person different from the one she saw since school starts. She asked if there was anything happened at home. Even though I agreed my daughter is 寸 sometimes, it just didn't look right to be comments from teacher. I thought it's only my daughter's emotional feelings of new school life but... the following week, same thing happened and the classteacher called me again. It looked like she didn't have the patient and not knowing how to handle P1 students emotions. Only until last week of Sep, my daughter cried to me in the kitchen told me that she was very scared to be punished by her classteacher. She told me the followings that made me shock:

1. Students were sit in groups in class and if anyone in the group behaved bad, the teacher will report to classteacher and the whole group would have a "X" for that lesson. Any group that collect six "X" at the end of the day, all group members would be punished: copy 100 words before end of school day

2. Class monitors would give warning to students that behaved bad. Anyone got 3 warnings will be punished by classteacher: copy 100 words before end of school day

3. In any lesson, if any students be complained by any teacher, he/ she would be punished by classteacher: copy 100 words before end of school day

My girl cried every night before going to bed and she woke up even before the alarm clock and cried. I couldn't believe a so-called "happly school" will allow teacher to theaten students like this. I asked my daughter if anyone got punished or rewarded so far. She said "NO" but how can the school put so much emphasis on punishment rather than rewards on a new P1 kid. Why should I PAID every month to have someone threatening my girl?

Thanks God. I have the chance to transfer her to another school (though traditional). She still takes time to get use to new schoollife and get emotional sometimes but now she only worries about the dictations and test rather than the kind of punishment she will face.

Sorry, I write so much. Just want to tell you all that you never know which classteacher you kid will have and be prepared to such harsh punishment scheme even at Logos.

My advice is think twice and make up you mind; otherwise, you will end up like me... hold my girl in my arm to cry. Besides, think again if you can afford any big increase in tuition fee. Very soon, Logos will become a big enterprise. It expands so fast that my husband and I wonder if they can still use all the resources to existing students. What if the school doesn't have enough money during expansion-- increase the school fee maybe??

Good luck to you all! As I said, last year they admitted 210 students in Nov but in Jun Principal Yau still invited students for 2nd interview and said they only admitted 150 students in Nov (definitely a lie). Finally, this year P1 only have 6 classes (less than 180 students). So don't worry if you don't get a seat at this point. You still have a very big chance after the LUCKY DRAW.

56#
發表於 05-10-20 17:37 |只看該作者

TSL (like many PLK pri school) is using tranditional teaching approach, not 活動教學 (except p1 English).
SCHAU 寫道:
geppetto,

Thanks for your sharing. I think most PLK primary schools, esp. direct-subsidy school,  have similar characteristic as described by you as " "大路課程+活動教學+適量功課".

For 真道, some parents of my child classmates has already interviewed with the Principal today and they all viewed that their child would be offered a place as the Principal spent a lot of time explaining the school life and when a new school at Stanley available for students' learning. In fact, I also think if the child be selected for 2nd interview, the chance to get into this school is highest compared to other schools. Right ?  

57#
發表於 05-10-20 17:49 |只看該作者

我諗唔算。
我諗宣道係: 好深好多功課+傳统教學。
陳守仁係:    唔深唔多功課+傳统教學。
勞媽媽 寫道:
geppetto,

其實有冇d咁理想既學校?宣道同陳守仁算唔算?

58#
發表於 05-10-20 22:39 |只看該作者

dichiu

Ths for your sharing with us. Do yuo know there would be 10 classes this year and more than 300 P1 students in it. And I believe it is inevitable numerous pupil would leave school by their own reason, ie. school not fit their child, not meet thier initial expecation, teachers teaching methods, etc.

Grateful if you could share more on it so that other parents could take it as reference before making decision, not just listening the voice of the Principal.

59#
發表於 05-10-20 22:52 |只看該作者

Experience from last year was that the so called second interview was an occassion for the principal to "sell" the school and to persuade the parents to choose the school.

60#
發表於 05-10-20 22:56 |只看該作者

workingmom

Agree. Did your child apply that school last year ? Had he/she accepted by the school and what is your last decision?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題