教育王國 討論區 特殊教育 Speech Assessment
發新帖
查看: 1067|回覆: 8
go

Speech Assessment [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-10-8 15:18 |只看該作者

Speech Assessment

My son has just done another speech assessment, his scores are all within the average range. I am very happy but also very surprised with the result because he is still talking nonsense and weird most of the time..........

I just want to share this with other parents, 2 years ago when he was assessed by the govt, the speech therapist said he is at least 1 years to 1.5 years delay and yet they didn't offer us any speech therapy!!! We went private to do another assessment and the educational psycologist suggested us to speak English with him at home(don't teach him Chinese yet) to avoid  the language confusion. It seemed working!

The govt educational psychologist and speech therapist.........kind of hinted to me that my son would end up in a special school....I was so sad at that time, but now I am very confident that my son would be able to stay with the mainstream school and do ok. We just need to be patient and wait for him to catch up!   

2#
發表於 05-10-8 17:44 |只看該作者

Re: Speech Assessment

pampam,

Congratulations!  You and your son have done a good job.       

3#
發表於 05-10-8 22:35 |只看該作者

Dear pamam,

Congratulations! Great achievements!

4#
發表於 05-10-8 23:20 |只看該作者

WELL DONE!!!

Yours is another case to show how the integrative approach is so important.  Do believe that things can change and stay hopeful...our job as parents is to look forward and to do our best what we think is correct and worthwhile.  Pamam, your effort and faith now paid off!!!

Congratulations again!     
耶穌在路上看見一個生下來就瞎眼的人。他的門徒問他說:「老師,這個人生來就瞎眼,是誰的罪造成的?是他自己的罪,還是他父母的罪呢?」 耶穌回答說:「他瞎眼和他自己或他父母的罪都沒有關係,而是要在他身上彰顯天主的能力。」(若/ 約9:1-3) 你應該在上主面前安心依靠,不要因萬事順當的人而煩惱 (詠/詩 37:7) "If you really love one another, you will not be able to avoid making sacrifices." ~ Mother Teresa

5#
發表於 05-10-8 23:21 |只看該作者

Dear pamam,

Congratulations! I hope I can share the same messge to others like you in the nearly future.

Best Wishes.

6#
發表於 05-10-9 10:42 |只看該作者

Dear pamam,
Congratulations!
但願媽媽的眼淚能灌溉寶寶, 讓寶寶茁壯地成長

7#
發表於 05-10-10 10:14 |只看該作者

What an encouraging experience! Thanks for posting here for sharing ....

BTW, may I know how old is your son and if he now speaks both English and Cantonese or only English?

Thanks,
Justin2002

8#
發表於 05-10-10 10:44 |只看該作者

Thanks everyone!

Justin2002,

My son is 6 yrs old now, up to he was four, we used to speak both English and Cantonese at home, but since the speech assessment 2 years ago indicated my son's English is a lot stronger than Cantonese, the edu psy advised us to only speak English with him at home, it seemed that he has made marked improvement since then.

He only speaks Cantonese with the grandparents .......he is ok with simple Cantonese. But he doesn't know Chinese characters at all. I am thinking of starting Chinese Lesson with him if his speech therapist agree.

Pamam

9#
發表於 05-10-10 11:07 |只看該作者

pamam,

Thanks for your prompt reply.  In fact, I got similar case as yours as my son (who is now 3 years old) is stronger in English and tends to speak English as well.  However, his speech therapist suggested we talk to him in Cantonese but allow him to speak English to the maids.

Anyway, congratulations to you and your son!  Trust your family have put every effort to achieve this outcome!

Justin2002
‹ 上一主題|下一主題