用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 課外活動 Table Tennis - Any good coach?
發新帖
查看: 582|回覆: 5
go

Table Tennis - Any good coach? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-10-3 15:37 |只看該作者

Table Tennis - Any good coach?

My son is 6 and has never played table tennis before, I want him to start a one-to-one private session, any good coach you know? And anyone knows about how much per session?

I live in Kowloon Tong. Thanks.

Pamam

2#
發表於 05-10-3 15:49 |只看該作者

Re: Table Tennis - Any good coach?

Pamam,

Pls see this :

http://www.baby-kingdom.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=418848&forum=5#6522097

3#
發表於 05-10-3 17:07 |只看該作者

Thanks a lot, Bluestar. Your info is really useful!
My son's motor skills are delayed, therefore I may enrol him to one-to-one lesson, do you have any idea which table tennis place is better for a rather clumsy kid? I guess it takes lots of patience to teach my son since his eye-hand co-ordination is also bad.

4#
發表於 05-10-4 07:53 |只看該作者

pamam,

(Had responded yesterday about 6pm but BK ate my post !!)

I have no idea.
Suggest you call up one (Hang Seng) and go to the other (La Salle Road) to take a look, to see whether they have any such experience.  Or ask an OT about it.

I think ping-pong can develop the finer motor skills.
If you need more all-rounded motor skills, you might also consider gymnastics and swimming.  I have seen kids who moved clumsily before, improved a lot ==> moved gracefully after over half a year of gym.
If for eye-hand co-ordination, either do simple exercises like picking up beans with chopsticks, or looping shoelace through large beads.  Or learn to play the piano which is slightly more rewarding (reward = music).
Just don't force / scare the kid, provide a friendly / fun environment to make practising (of motor skills) interesting and fun.

1:1 pingpong lessons might be boring, this is more for training purpose (in serious sport and competition) and the instructor may not have the experience (and incentive) to coach for the purpose of improving motor skills - after all the instructor is not an OT, he would just be more interested in training up more students in participating / winning competitions, so might not be helpful.

The above are my views only.

5#
發表於 05-10-4 09:36 |只看該作者

Bluestar,

Thanks for your reply. My son has been doing swimming, piano, as well as having OT, he has improved a lot and enjoyed all these activities.

I think may be you are right about the table tennis coach, they may not want to teach my son because he would be a slow learner. Anyway, I just try to expose him to more activities, my approach is if he likes it, I let him continue, if he doesn't, I will let him try other activities.

Pamam

6#
發表於 05-10-4 10:43 |只看該作者

pamam,

It seems that you have arranged for 1:1 activities like piano, and 1:1 or small group in swimming already.

Why not give your son wider exposure, and let him play alongside other kids of the same age, so he can learn from them too.  Which is why I feel you should let him join some small group activities, e.g. even for ping-pong.  Let him do it for fun.  Or ask him to see if he's interested in trying out something.
Usually 1:1 is the more serious type of learning / training, less fun.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題