教育王國 討論區 特殊教育 No progress!
發新帖
查看: 1125|回覆: 7
go

No progress! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-9-2 14:50 |只看該作者

No progress!

This summer was not a good summer for me, although I have enrolled my son to many classes and therapies, not only he has made no progress, I found his erratic behaviors are worsen, I am very worried that he may get kicked out by the mainstream school soon.

When I met one of my (distant)uncle's family last week, I felt even worse. He has 2 sons who were not bright but got by the school system,  both managed to get a high dip or cert, unfortunately both are unemployed and stayed home all day for more than 2 years now, with no friends too. To me, his son were always weird but I didn't know what that was then, until my son was diagnosed with AF, I pulled everything together and suddenly realized that both his sons might have  AF too.

It made me so sad, I am very worried that my son would be like them............no jobs, no friends.........normally I am very optimistic, but well............................     

2#
發表於 05-9-2 15:08 |只看該作者

Re: No progress!

Dear Pamam,
There are ups and downs in a child's developmental process.  The development may reach a plateau followed by another take-off or even break-through.  You may try some new teaching strategies or therapies as performance boosters.

Don't think about the future too much.  It can't help anything.

Good luck.
我們怕孩子的人生路途滿佈荊棘,與其為孩子在路上舖一層地毯,不如在孩子的腳上穿上一雙鞋。

3#
發表於 05-9-2 20:56 |只看該作者

從好的方面諗你小朋友的問題早已被發現,那改善的空間絕對比你疏堂親戚的兩個兒子優勝...後者可能由小至大都沒有接受過任何正式訓練,尤其是社交技巧,於此到了成年期沒有了學校制度的保護,要在競爭激烈的社會自然難以生存...

pamam 寫道:
...until my son was diagnosed with AF, I pulled everything together and suddenly realized that both his sons might have  AF too...I am very worried that my son would be like them............no jobs, no friends...

4#
發表於 05-9-2 23:53 |只看該作者

pamam

昨日仔仔第一日返小一,我都好擔心,但唔好稔咁遠住,打好今日o既基礎先。仔仔的輔導老師都話會幫仔仔從小建立一個小朋友圈子。越細認識的朋友一般感情都會好d。如果你有時間可以參與學校活動。另外可以利誘下,俾小朋友帶d特別d的小食請同學仔食,送d小禮物,唔使貴的,最緊要的係份心意。大家都努力,加油啦!話說你小朋友幾大呢。

pamam 寫道:
This summer was not a good summer for me, although I have enrolled my son to many classes and therapies, not only he has made no progress, I found his erratic behaviors are worsen, I am very worried that he may get kicked out by the mainstream school soon.

When I met one of my (distant)uncle's family last week, I felt even worse. He has 2 sons who were not bright but got by the school system,  both managed to get a high dip or cert, unfortunately both are unemployed and stayed home all day for more than 2 years now, with no friends too. To me, his son were always weird but I didn't know what that was then, until my son was diagnosed with AF, I pulled everything together and suddenly realized that both his sons might have  AF too.

It made me so sad, I am very worried that my son would be like them............no jobs, no friends.........normally I am very optimistic, but well............................     

每個小孩都是上帝用來提醒我們,這世間還有希望。——泰戈爾

5#
發表於 05-9-3 09:25 |只看該作者

pamam,

Do you have any religous belief?
I am a christian and I always pray for my son if I worry my son's future. In fact, even a normal adult, they will also suffer no job and no friend.....

I think the most important, we should concentrate our efforts to make them to perform better. Besides, I would advice to find a good church where you son like and they can have the heart to take care of him. I don't know whether my son will make friends in the church or not  but I can get the support from brothers and sisters in the church. I  always arrange the gathering for my son to play with the children in my church.

God bless you and lead your way.  

6#
發表於 05-9-12 10:05 |只看該作者

Thanks everyone, I guess I was really down that day and needed some moral support.

It is just that I have put so much resources on my son and saw no progress, don't know what else I can do, he has been in different social classes, speech therapies, PT nad OT, it seems that his social skills has never improved, I can't imagaine what he has to go through at teenage, all these teasing, isolations!

7#
發表於 05-9-12 23:23 |只看該作者

Dear pamam,

please see pm.

8#
發表於 05-9-14 03:08 |只看該作者

PAMPAM,
You may wish to consult experienced social worker to consult and check with her/him on approach of training of your kid, and as a person to air your worry.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題