教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 St. Catherine lower class 2005
樓主: tweety彤媽
go

St. Catherine lower class 2005 [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 05-9-16 18:24 |只看該作者

Re: St. Catherine lower class 2005

Golf & FiFii,

Luckily my girl likes to go to school.  Maybe it's because I listened to her nursery class teacher's advice : get her prepared for the change psychologically by talking to her during summer vacation that she will be promoted to K2 (big girl already) and will be in a different class, with different teachers and classmates.  In fact, her nursery teacher said it's common at the beginning of the new school year as the children were not yet ready for the change (quite a signifcant change indeed : from drawing lines etc to having two homework books), esp after the long summer holiday.

I learn from my friend that the teachers in K2 are more demanding on academic works and they will speak with parents on the progress of the children and expect the parents to help, e.g. revision with the children.  My friend's child has difficulties in picking up phonics (to blend the words etc) at the very first beginning and my friend received teacher's calls.  The parent was asked to do more revisions with the child (we parents have pressure too).  

So, do take some time to help the children to adapt to the new environment.  Afterall, this is only the second week of school and I'm sure our children will adapt quickly and love going to school very soon.

Add oil!!!   
God is love

82#
發表於 05-9-26 10:01 |只看該作者

hi all,
Kids have to go to school for PM class.

Za,
Thank you for your support. My girl seems better these days.

83#
發表於 05-9-26 20:33 |只看該作者

Hi everybody,

My son got some difficulties in finishing his homework in recent days as the word he need to write become more complicated ? Anyone has the same problem? I really don't know how to teach hime as when I try to hold his hand in writing, he's not concentrating and he can't copy even I had teached him for more than twenty times. Anyone has a beter method ?

84#
發表於 05-9-26 22:21 |只看該作者

Dear tli,
My child also has difficulty in writing Chinese words and English alphabets.  I think it is because she is a small child (born in December).  Sometimes quite frustrated.  I try to let her practise on a piece of paper before she writes the words in the exercise book.  Sometimes I hold her hand to teach her how to write.  But sometimes I let her try and see if she has made any mistake.  If she makes mistakes, I will teach her and ask her to practise a number of times first.  Then she will feel more confident when she writes in the exercise book.  I can also avoid rubbing off the words they have written in the exercise book again and again as it is quite discouraging.  Of course, I show my appreciation after she finishes her work.  I usually appreciate her effort but not the words she has written.  I can see her smile each time I admire her  and she is willing to do her homework and show me her work after she finishes.  You can try this method and see if it works.  Good luck.   

85#
發表於 05-9-27 14:45 |只看該作者

Dear tli,
記得在開學時,老師也提過我地,千祈唔好被佢地習慣依賴我地做功課,要佢地做完再給我們檢查,雖然,真是很難和唔抵得,但也盡量,因她說過,如他們做得不好,不緊要,慢慢他們就會有進步,但如果開頭嚇怕佢,就好難繼續下去!!現在反而要多訓練他們的手指小肌肉,玩多D泥膠,他大D就會好D了!!唔知你小朋友的班主任有冇提過你地呢!不妨可以和班主任傾下!同埋盡量唔好捉手寫,是冇作用的,如果他們肌肉未控制好,捉幾多次都幫佢地唔到!!

86#
發表於 05-9-27 19:41 |只看該作者

Hi all moms,

My son is currently in SC nursery and I will be shopping for his winter uniform very soon.  Would very much appreciate your advice on winter uniforms?

1. How many sets of uniform do I need for winter especially the long pants for boys?

2. Basically I don't like the look of the winter jacket.  More importantly, I don't think the material is good enough to keep my child warm during very cold days.  Would like to know if it is a MUST item?  If not, do they allow the children to wear their own jackets?

3. Is one set of sports uniform good enough.  

Thanks in advance.

87#
發表於 05-9-27 23:50 |只看該作者

Hi ChinKiuMami,

Please check PM.

88#
發表於 05-9-28 13:53 |只看該作者

danielboy,

No matter summer / winter uniform, I bought 1 set only,  as they wear sport wear in every Tuesday / Thursday in Nursery class ; Wednesday / Friday in Lower class

About the winter jacket, it is not a must, I didn't bought it all all, but I bought her the sweater, I let Kristy wear her own jacket if necessary.

89#
發表於 05-9-28 15:34 |只看該作者

kristymami,
Thanks for your valuable advice.

90#
發表於 05-9-30 18:54 |只看該作者

According to the PM schedule, it is hard for a child to make such a big change.  As I have a hard time during the summer vacation, I have arranged all the summer courses in afternoon and tried to make my boy adapted the new timetable.  He is ok now after these 2 months of transition period.  
For the homework, he is ok for the written task, he is willing to write, and his writing is not too bad.  By the way, he cannot do homework by himself, he needs someone to remind him, ask him to do the homework.  I think he is the type of kid without sense of responsibility.
My boy has really a big transform, before he was a talkative, active and quite naughty boy. Don't know why, he is now too calm, lack of scheming, without great enthusiasm and also a little bashful.  Somebody told that kids turning 4-5 would have great transform, is this true?  Or only need time for the adaptation?
[url=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2124918953]

91#
發表於 05-10-1 01:00 |只看該作者

:cry: SOMETIMES, I AM FRUSTRATED TO DO THE HOMEWORK WITH MY SON. HE FOUND DIFFICULTY IN HOLDING THE PENCIL ...RECENTLY, HE ENJOYS COLORING THE "ULTRAMAN" BOOK. HOPE WILL HAVE IMPROVEMENT.

92#
發表於 05-10-1 01:40 |只看該作者

Dear Moms,

My girl was sick these two days and was absent from school.  I called the school office this afternoon telling them that I wanted to get my girl's homework.  However, the school bus helper said she did not get the above notice and thus did not bring me the homework (and the handbook).  

Would you please tell me whether there is any notice from school this week.  Do we have to bring the new ORT book to school in the coming week?

Grateful for your assistance!  Many thanks!
God is love

93#
發表於 05-10-2 23:16 |只看該作者

check pm

Golf
Golf

94#
發表於 05-10-3 00:10 |只看該作者

Dear all,

Are U going to buy the books from Scholastic Book Club?

Did U purchase the box set of phonics written by Nick?  Is this good for phonics trainer?  There are 2 sets shown in the list, One is Dora The Explorer, One is SpongeBob.  Pls advise if anyone did read it before.

Tks

Golf
Golf

95#
發表於 05-10-3 09:52 |只看該作者

Hi Golf,
How's your boy recently?
I talked to my girl's teacher, she said she's ok in school now. However my girl always complain that she's tired after school so she doesn't want to go to any ECA!!!!!!!!! What a lazy girl.

Hi Za,
Hope your girl is ok already. I'll also bring my kid to doctor tonight.

Fifii

96#
發表於 05-10-3 12:34 |只看該作者

FiFii,

The teacher told me that my son is OK, but actually my son told me that he don't want to go to school.  In addition, my son will be crazy at around 7:00p.m. when he is extremely tired.  He will call me and shout I want U to come back immediately, immediately!!!!

But anyway, he pretend quiet good in front of his class teacher, ha ha!!

BR

Golf
Golf

97#
發表於 05-10-3 15:00 |只看該作者

Golf,
My girl sometimes sleeps during dinner time. Then I just let her sleep until she wakes up at around 9pm or something. Then she'll have her dinner at that time. You know it's impossible to wake her up and ask her to eat with us.

Will your son have a short nap after school and before dinner? If he's tired at 7pm, why not let him have dinner after school and let him sleep?

About the book list, I didn't go through it in detail. But would really want to buy some, do you have any idea?

Fifii

98#
發表於 05-10-3 15:13 |只看該作者

Hi fifi & golf,

It is not difficult for Kristy to get used the PM class, as she always slept late around 12 am every night, & wake-up around 10 am in morning.  Sometimes she feel tired afer school & didn't want to take shower.  But she seldom take nap after school.

99#
發表於 05-10-3 16:16 |只看該作者

Fifi,

My son is very 心野, he insists that he is not tired and don't need to take rest.  Unless I am at home, I can handle his emotion!!!!

I will concentrate on selecting the phonics book but don't know whether it is good or not!

Kristymami,

This is what I wanted my son can follow this living pattern, but 無奈, this is not controlled by me!

Golf
Golf

100#
發表於 05-10-3 16:17 |只看該作者

Kristymami,
It's so good to know that Kristy is ok with the PM class. My girl sometimes will take a nap after school, sometimes not. When I'm home, sometimes I found her lie on the sofa and fall asleep.  Oh, seems that lower class curiculumn is more demanding, she always said it's tired after school.

Golf,
I go to Toyrus and found some books of Scholastic. One of them is a dog named ???. With pictures and some simple english. You may go and have a look.

All moms,
How do you arrange the ECA for your kids? Before or after school or in the weekend?

Fifii
‹ 上一主題|下一主題