用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Doing both an AM & PM classes at different schools ...
查看: 8564|回覆: 27
go

[其他] Doing both an AM & PM classes at different schools [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 23-4-3 09:45 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi all,
My child will attend a K1 school for half day PM class.  My child is quite energetic and has lots of energy.  We were thinking of enrolling him to another K1 AM class elsewhere at another school.

Have any parents experienced this?  Do schools usually frown upon this type of arrangement?

I am just thinking when we apply to P1 school, will they see this as an advantage or disadvantage?  They would get 2 sets of report cards, 2 sets of reference forms, from 2 different schools.

Appreciate your thoughts, thank you!
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 23-4-3 10:46 |只看該作者
For 3-year-old doing AM and PM at different schools could be a bit of a stretch, they need time to rest and play too...Also if you really do so, you will need to make sure the 2 schools are close enough for lunch...

3#
發表於 23-4-3 10:50 |只看該作者
我曾遇過這樣的家長和孩子,但不見得會為孩子帶來任何好處。

4#
發表於 23-4-3 11:03 |只看該作者
Radiomama published on 23-4-3 10:50
I have encountered such parents and children, but it may not bring any benefits to the children.

My child is full of energy, and I feel that sitting at home doing nothing with the helper can be better served elsewhere.   Also I tried different tutors and other activities for the child to do during AM, but they are all in different locations and is even more difficult to manage with so many different activities (distance, location, timing, etc.).  The price to pay for all these locations also cost much much more than another AM class with structured learning.

5#
發表於 23-4-3 11:05 |只看該作者
simonchan1986 Posted on 23-4-3 10:46
For 3-year-old doing AM and PM at different schools could be a bit of a stretch, they need time to r ...

Yes the schools are close to each other (walking distance).  Our home is right in the middle of these two schools as well.  I don't see a problem for lunch.

In terms of rest, my child has a lot of energy.  It really takes a lot of energy to make him fall asleep.  He also doesn't do naps anymore (unless during the day he has many many activities), then he may take a nap afterwards.

6#
發表於 23-4-3 11:46 |只看該作者
If you think your child is ready for it, then go for it.

7#
發表於 23-4-3 11:46 |只看該作者
7jai 發表於 23-4-3 11:05
Yes the schools are close to each other (walking distance).  Our home is right in the middle of the ...

https://www.parents.com/toddlers-preschoolers/development/behavioral/your-high-energy-toddler-explained/

文中提出應該安排多一些unstructured activities 俾呢類孩子。

8#
發表於 23-4-3 12:08 |只看該作者

回覆樓主:

本帖最後由 Adiezz 於 23-4-3 12:10 編輯

It is common. Many parents arrange both AM and PM for their children, and would prefer to pick one local K and one IS K.

9#
發表於 23-4-3 12:30 |只看該作者
7jai 發表於 23-4-3 11:03
My child is full of energy, and I feel that sitting at home doing nothing with the helper can be be ...

本帖最後由 964000 於 23-4-3 14:25 編輯

Going to two Kindies may have a high opportunity cost, things are duplicated with not much additional value. At this age, kids should be exposed to more sports, music, arts and free plays.Free plays are important for social development and self containment.

My kid was very energetic too when little, she didn’t take nap before 3 years old. She did join a lot of sports, music activities and play dates, with time she has found her areas of interest and later would become her little achievements, that helps to build character and confidence a lot. Don’t spend too much in the classroom at this age.

If you really need to fill up his time and not able to arrange activities for him, another option is to find him a whole day school?
Highly recommend Anfield whole day, morning is usual kindi activity, pm are playtime, music, cooking, outings, library and story time etc.
Whole day schools are usually less structured in the afternoon with less repetition, school fees are less than two half day kindies combined too.

10#
發表於 23-4-3 13:37 |只看該作者
Agree with the above. Actually a lot of IS offers full day reception class, starting at 4 years old. If it's just one year, why not let your child have more free play? Now the parks and clubhouses are open again (unlike COVID time), I am sure it will be a better option for kid's development.Will your helper be able to bring your kid just to the clubhouses / parks in the morning?

11#
發表於 23-4-3 13:55 |只看該作者
Unfortunately, a lot of parents nowadays only believe in structured activities.  

12#
發表於 23-4-3 16:10 |只看該作者

回覆樓主:

本帖最後由 snowlaw 於 23-4-3 16:13 編輯

It is ok ar, though my kids did not try it before, I know many parents ( include several of my close friends) had similar arrangement and their kids adapt well and feel happy.

13#
發表於 23-4-3 16:12 |只看該作者
7jai 發表於 23-4-3 11:05
Yes the schools are close to each other (walking distance).  Our home is right in the middle of the ...

Support your idea and actually many parents are doing that.

14#
發表於 23-4-3 16:39 |只看該作者
snowlaw posted on 23-4-3 16:12
Support your idea and actually many parents are doing that.
Yes that is what I am seeing as well. I think there are many ways of raising a child, not just one way.  I understand some like unstructure a bit, but it really depends on the child and what best suits them and their learning style.
I cannot say my child will do well in unstructured situation.  So therefore I would prefer not to put him in those situations if he is not too comfortable and prefers a more structured learning environment.  No right or wrong answer.  Just all depends on the child.

I am just curious what the parent will do when they apply for another school?  Do they submit both report cards (AM & PM) from two seperate kindergardens?  Or do they choose only one?

15#
發表於 23-4-3 17:15 |只看該作者
7jai 發表於 23-4-3 16:39
Yes that is what I am seeing as well. I think there are many ways of raising a child, not just one w ...

Usually one school more relaxing, one school slightly more academic
My friends choose one report to submit for another school application

16#
發表於 23-4-3 18:08 |只看該作者
Interesting.

Ask any educators and what their recommendations would be?

“Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it.”

點評

beastiebistro    發表於 23-4-4 11:16

17#
發表於 23-4-3 18:22 |只看該作者
poonseelai 發表於 23-4-3 13:55
Unfortunately, a lot of parents nowadays only believe in structured activities.

That’s why many kids have mental issues even the kids in kindergarten.

18#
發表於 23-4-3 18:30 |只看該作者
7jai 發表於 23-4-3 16:39
Yes that is what I am seeing as well. I think there are many ways of raising a child, not just one w ...

I will choose whole day school if I want more school time, but some parents prefer one local and one IS to gain benefit while applying different type of schools.

Only submit school reports of one school in each application. It is not clever to let the school know you send the child to two kindergartens.

19#
發表於 23-4-3 19:12 |只看該作者
If one truly believes in the benefits of attending two kindergartens at the same time, then why not let the primary schools you apply for know? Unless one feels that there is something wrong to this as well.

Schools that agree to this approach would give your kid the merits; Schools that disagree to it are probably not what you are looking for. You would feel disappointed later on for their lack of academic “pushiness”.

20#
發表於 23-4-3 19:20 |只看該作者
I do remember one of my girl’s classmate did both am and pm from k1-k3 with am traditions and pm intl school.  We did observe some mental and physical issues w the girl as she’s more like bully in school but she pretended to be an obedient n nice girl in front of her parents.  The physical issue is she almost vomit every week on the bus ride home.  Her parents kinda ignore this and saying believing she can cope w the stress as she’s grown up ….. well …. To be factual her “effort” was paid off with acceptance from a top tier international school.   Not sure her further development after moving to primary.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題