用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Doing both an AM & PM classes at different schools ...
樓主: 7jai
go

[其他] Doing both an AM & PM classes at different schools [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 23-4-4 07:45 |只看該作者

回覆樓主:

本帖最後由 kooliestgirl 於 23-4-4 16:36 編輯

let the kids be the kids...they can do nothing or just playing toys and going to playground..they won't have much time in the future.

22#
發表於 23-4-4 13:44 |只看該作者
回覆 7jai 的帖子

If I were you, I would send the kid to a full day school (8am to 4pm).
After school, bring him to playground to let him play & run for 2 whole hours, then go home for dinner.

You can also sign him up for sports class like balance bike, running, teakwondo after school.

23#
發表於 23-4-6 06:11 |只看該作者
I would choose a full day kindergarten e.g. tutortime, it is tricky to handle lunch if attending different school, I heard some parents would opt for letting their kid have lunch in private car but it is reli …pathetic, just personal thought.

24#
發表於 23-4-6 08:17 |只看該作者
usagi3 發表於 23-4-6 06:11
I would choose a full day kindergarten e.g. tutortime, it is tricky to handle lunch if attending dif ...
We also want full day of school at one location, but unfortunately the school we are in did not offer that.  So we are stuck with half day only.
Once again, i dont think there is a right or wrong answer.  I heard some who've done very well.  I've also heard some who couldn't do it.  I think it is all very situational.

Really just wanted to open this thread to hear some thoughts on those parents who "have" done it and get your experiences on how to manage the logistics if you do AM and PM classes in different locations.

Thanks for all your comments!

25#
發表於 23-4-6 19:06 |只看該作者

回覆樓主:

本帖最後由 木子兔媽媽 於 23-4-6 19:16 編輯

Pm me

26#
發表於 23-4-7 00:33 |只看該作者
回覆 964000 的帖子

yes, i agree with full day school instead of 2 school for am and pm.

27#
發表於 23-4-7 23:08 |只看該作者
I have seen a friend of mine sending her 3yo daughter to IS in the morning and LS after lunch. Only observation, her girl always fell asleep on her way home after AM when her helper picked her up and put her on stroller.
My boy is also v energetic and skip afternoon nap since 2. We actually apply PM class for him and put different ECA / private tutors in the morning. After school, he still do ECA on some days but we also leave him some free time to play n enjoy.
Mommy, they are just two/ three year old kid, they need more time / space to grow and they also learn a lot when they have free play. They don’t need to be stuck in the classroom all the time!

28#
發表於 23-4-8 00:20 |只看該作者

回覆樓主:

本帖最後由 amuroo 於 23-4-8 00:22 編輯

To answer your question, just send 1 report to the appropriate school. Just local k report to the local primary ; International kindergarten report to the IS year 1.

The timeline of application to both is different. The former in K3 and the latter in K2. And i assume there will be no K3 report for international one…

In any case, I think you can develop a nice portfolio to apply for local elite school with focus on putting together all personal achievements rather than the attending school. Choose to submit a “better” report which may stand you a higher chance for interview/ admission.

I personally think its parents’ choice to put the child into the type of education they want. Im not against your will but there should always be a way to exit and there may be no need to push further if you find it not right later or find out which works the best for your kid.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題