密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 咁多間Victoria, 有咩分別?
發新帖
查看: 10585|回覆: 11
go

咁多間Victoria, 有咩分別?

發表於 21-4-12 19:02 |顯示全部帖子
Sorry for the basic question - new parent here.

成日聽人哋講 Victoria cwb, 但係睇嚟有好多間 Victoria. I think Victoria cwb is famous because children go onto famous local schools and international schools as well as VSA. What about the other Victoria kindergartens, where do the kids go to for primary school?

發表於 21-4-13 10:20 |顯示全部帖子
bettyc123 發表於 21-4-12 19:02
Sorry for the basic question - new parent here.

成日聽人哋講 Victoria cwb, 但係睇嚟有好多間 Victori ...

The information is posted on VEO website: https://www.victoria.edu.hk/en/school-placement.php

Victoria CWB is not part of VEO.

發表於 21-4-13 11:56 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Tanyafish 的帖子

Thank you! Do you think Victoria is good for those who don’t really know whether to target local or international schools and can keep options open?
Any comment on VSA as a school, is it a bit of mixed international and local school?

發表於 21-4-13 14:35 |顯示全部帖子
bettyc123 發表於 21-4-13 11:56
回覆 Tanyafish 的帖子

Thank you! Do you think Victoria is good for those who don’t really know whe ...

I think it would be best if a parent can make up his/ her mind early as to the route taken:
- if international: find a kindergarten that is thorough train;
- if local: find a kindergarten that can best prepare your child for the tough local interview game
- if target VSA (but note that one may have only a quarter chance of getting in), go for Vic but parent may need to prepare the kid through external tutorials to prepare for local school interviews in case the child can’t get an offer from VSA.
- if a parent wants to switch half way eg K2 to an international kindergarten after two years with Vic (pn and k1), it may in fact be preferable in the first place to get into a thorough train kindergarten in the first place (eg esf) to avoid the anxiety that can arise in the school search.

發表於 21-4-13 16:25 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Tanyafish 的帖子

如果想入直私, VICTORIA洗唔洗外補? 學術深定淺?

發表於 21-4-13 19:07 |顯示全部帖子
shelbylks28 發表於 21-4-13 16:25
回覆 Tanyafish 的帖子

如果想入直私, VICTORIA洗唔洗外補? 學術深定淺?

If you are targeting 直私 and wants a kindergarten with strong academic vigour to prepare for tough interviews as well as academic assessments, Vic might not be your cup of tea.

It is more play-based learning and while the step-up full day classes lend greater focus to academic training, the fee is double (amounting to around hkd20000 per month), which brings into question why not choose a kindergarten which is more famous for academic vigour (eg LH, York, KV and others) if your target is 直私 and you can pay less than half the price of Vic’s step-up class.

That said, Vic is a good kindergarten for those who identify with its IB teaching approach. It has got experienced teachers and students enjoy the learning process.

發表於 21-4-14 08:59 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Tanyafish 的帖子

Totally agree.
If you target local or private schools, you pay VEO 10000tuition and then pay 10000 for extra curricular or study each month. Many are doing this.

發表於 21-4-14 15:43 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Tanyafish 的帖子

好多謝詳細回覆!!!
我住西營盤, 如何以上嗰幾間, LH去到太古城遠左少少, 如果YORK就西環有都近屋企(不如有好評又有負評, 因為新所以唔會好唔好), 咁仲有無咩介紹? P.S.我會報西區女龍試下.

發表於 21-4-28 22:18 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Tanyafish 的帖子

Thanks! So knowledgeable and informative.
I realised the international school system starts earliest at 3yo but under the local system, there is PN which are for 2 yo. So would it be advisable to go to a local pn (if available) for a year and then see how it goes and apply for both local kindergarten and international school nursery/kindergarten (depending what seems to suit my child better at the time)?

Otherwise if we go down the international school route, then we just continue with playgroups when she is 2yo as I don’t see PN for the international schools.

Thanks!

發表於 21-4-29 15:17 |顯示全部帖子
bettyc123 發表於 21-4-28 22:18
回覆 Tanyafish 的帖子

Thanks! So knowledgeable and informative.

International kindergartens do have pn or the like(though a different term is coined depending on the school) eg Woodlands, PIPS, Tutortime etc. Not sure how much EsF playgroups help kids to get into their kindergarten, you might have to start a separate topic to ask.

There is perhaps no harm in joining a local pn first and then apply straight to an international Kindy down the road as long as the English standard is kept up with I suppose. On the other hand, noting that you were originally considering VSA, FYI isf also has its own kindy, both are PIS and has more Chinese if that is your preference (but they are not intl schools in the sense of EDB requirements and quite a number of kids may not speak English as their mother tongue.)

發表於 21-4-29 21:29 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Tanyafish 的帖子

Thanks! Very helpful.
I was originally thinking VSA because of the Chinese language yet not being a completely local school and was looking around to see if there are other similar private local schools. Also because everyone seems to rave on about Victoria.

I have heard about ISF too but seems like it’s for a lot of wealthy mainland Chinese families so don’t think we quite fit in.
Slowly giving up on Chinese language requirement .....seems too hard. At least going down the international route gives us another year to enjoy baby life since PN in more local schools seems intense and so does the whole process like interviews etc.

發表於 21-5-4 22:40 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 bettyc123 的帖子

If you think ISF is wealthy, then what is CIS or hkis considered?