密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF Kindergarten v Year 1
發新帖
查看: 4825|回覆: 1
go

[小學] ESF Kindergarten v Year 1

發表於 21-3-30 23:28 |顯示全部帖子
有興趣俾小朋友讀esf. 知道而家esf is through train school.
But I see there is only one kindergarten in hk island (hillside) and is not limited to where you live (unlike primary and secondary school). 有冇人知每一級 K1, k2 and K3 幾多人(how many classes per grade and how many children per class)?

If we do not get accepted during the kindergarten years, then are the chances really slim to get in the primary schools?

We live on hk island and there are 5 esf primary schools in hk island but only one kindergarten. Unless the kindergarten has many classes, then wouldn’t there still be good chances to get in at year 1? For example, if there are 120 kids per grade at hillside and also 120 per grade at the 5 primary schools on hk island, so even if the kindergarten kids automatically get a year 1 place, then there are still 480 other new places on offer to new year 1 students for the hk island esf school alone? And I think some hillside children are from kowloon too so there should be even more new places available for year 1 entry to those on hk island

發表於 21-4-1 15:04 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 bettyc123 的帖子

I think your analysis makes sense. Which is why it is well known ESF primaries on HK island are much easier to get into compared to Kowloon and NT.
If Hillside is like the other ESF Kindies then it's usually 8 classes per year (4 Am and 4Pm), usually 20-25 kids per class. But also to note, ESF only has K1 and K2 then it's Year 1 in Primary.

The only unknown factor I guess is with the through train guarantee, since some primaries in Kowloon and NT are oversubscribed, whether some children will be offered HK island places. After all, ESF guarantees every Kindy child a primary place but they didn't say where. Though I don't expect this to be a large number.