搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ICS vs. Victoria for K1 offer
樓主: 夕瑶小小
go

[其他] ICS vs. Victoria for K1 offer [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 20-12-21 23:15 |只看該作者

回覆樓主:

I do agree with Jane1983 that English competence differ among Vic kids. From average to native I would say. In other words, not all Vic kids are competent enough for IS education in terms of English competence.

For Chinese, I do have a different view from 964000. I think the literacy foundation and learning interest Vic helped build are essential to Chinese learning, though parents could also teach the kids by themselves or tutors.

Competition in VSA and ICS are both keen I think. They are both very good schools. However, getting into ICS is more probable than VSA comparatively. If you have no strong preference, you might go for a safer choice.

22#
發表於 20-12-22 01:26 |只看該作者
Coop 發表於 20-12-21 21:50
回覆 Jenjanjan 的帖子

I agree. It depends on which primary you want. But I think it’s easier to ge ...

VSA is PIS too

23#
發表於 20-12-22 10:22 |只看該作者
夕瑶小小 發表於 20-12-21 17:11
Do most of graduates from Victoria Homantin go to local school primary? It looks the Victoria websit ...
最多去IS 的victoria campus 應該係CWB. VSA 呢,我想majority from CWB and HH.

24#
發表於 20-12-22 10:28 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 gingercatcat 於 20-12-22 10:30 編輯
夕瑶小小 發表於 20-12-21 17:11
Do most of graduates from Victoria Homantin go to local school primary? It looks the Victoria websit ...

And don't think you can guarantee a place in VSA if you are studying in Vic KG. You can have a chance to get a place but not as high as you think. My girl was also in Vic CWB previously but more than half of her class not get a place in VSA.

25#
發表於 20-12-22 11:17 |只看該作者
回覆 gingercatcat 的帖子

I think only 20 - 25% can get a place in VSA. My boy is in HH. It’s around 5-6 ppl in a class got VSA offer.And VSA releases offer in May every year. I think it’s very good for parents if they target local school. They have less pressure for coming local school interview if they have VSA offer on hand.

26#
發表於 20-12-22 13:26 |只看該作者
夕瑶小小 發表於 20-12-21 16:59
Yes, that is why we also like ICS because it trains the kids with good behaviors and it is an almost ...
It's hard to say whether the students eventually become Christian after years of studying there but it's possible and I have seen at least one.  While Bible class is mandatory and is integrated into students' learning, the school doesn't force students to believe in Christ.
However, some teachers would invite students to join bible study at their home after school, just like they would take students out for hiking, to eat or just a chat at McDonald's outside school hours and it's all up to the students to decide whether to join or not.  Sorry I was talking about middle and high school here and it maybe a bit too far.

27#
發表於 20-12-23 10:54 |只看該作者
If you have decided to go to the international school route ICS is a safer choice. If I were you I would think if i give up ICS now and am not able to get accepted by VSA 2 years later, what my plan would be? Am I confident my kid can get into an IS that is comparable to/better than ICS. My knowledge tells me if you only apply an IS after getting the result from VSA, you will probably need to look into the newer/less popular IS as the mass intake of most IS has passed by that time.

28#
發表於 20-12-23 20:42 |只看該作者
Just want to add some information about ICS, it's a Christian school which your child will come home and ask you to pray with him/her. 65% families are Christian. It's a great way to rise a Christian child.  KG to EL is not train school, as they are in different campus. 80%-90% get offer after assessment in school.  The assessment is not academic base and you won't know when. You will know after they are done! All we know about the assessment is ... they are testing if the child can be successful in ICS until G12. Hahaha, it's ICS. They will finish learning A-Z in KG. The children probably don't know how to spell for a long time, but they are reading thick novel by G3. Magic! Priest to the Lord! As a play base school, everyday in school is so much fun.  Children love to go to school. Even the parents too. Parents' involvement are very important.  I would say twice a month you may want to be in school with your child. Child without mom on Mother's Day Party or Dad on Father's Day Party will be very sad.  You know what I mean. The relationship between families and teachers are very close. They basically know each other as many play dates through the years. 90% are Chinese families, so everyone learn Chinese on their own time. 70% are with foreign passport. ICS is not an International school. It's an independent school. I know it's sounds funny but this is how EDB classify it. May our Lord guide you and lead you to the right path of your child.

點評

archie1728    發表於 21-6-23 14:26
‹ 上一主題|下一主題