用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼教雜談 Shall Kids learn phonics if they only get Limited En ...
發新帖
查看: 774|回覆: 1
go

Shall Kids learn phonics if they only get Limited English exposure [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 19-10-21 14:37 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I have two kids, both in primary school now. i am not native engish speaker and mainly use Cantonese at home environment. They learn phonics in kindergarten years. i found there is quite an odd behaviour of the children when they promoted to primary school. They read book with simple word through honics, and not directly speaking the word.

What is your experience? Is that starting too early, and block their direct learnjbg of simple words?

[img]http://www.baby-kingdom.com/static/image/common/mobile_v1.gif[/img]
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 19-10-22 15:07 |只看該作者
回覆 I2be 的帖子

My girl just started K1 and her school is teaching phonics already. I don't think it is a matter of starting too early. In fact phonics lay the foundation for their English skills. They will be able to read and spell longer words on their own with their phonics knowledge.

For your case how simple is the word they are reading? As long as they can come up with the correct pronunciation then there isn't much to worry about. My guess is, maybe they just need to be more familiar with the language so they can read some words at a glance, instead of having to go through the phonics blending word by word.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題