搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Vic CWB vs ESF K1
發新帖
查看: 6869|回覆: 11
go

Vic CWB vs ESF K1 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 19-3-12 11:58 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
If target IS, which school K  is better ? (emoji)(emoji)
   3    0    0    0

2#
發表於 19-3-12 12:55 |只看該作者
QQ28 發表於 19-3-12 11:58

If u give up ESF K1, u may not get a place in ESF P1

3#
發表於 19-3-12 13:57 |只看該作者

I just gave up Vic K1 for ESF K1.  It was a very tough decision because I really like Vic.... but in the long run, ESF seems like the better and happier route with very good IB results.

4#
發表於 19-3-12 14:58 |只看該作者
ESF is more safe... Victoria students only have like 1 out of 4 or 5 chance to get into VSA

5#
發表於 19-3-13 13:51 |只看該作者

回覆樓主

Thanks all!

6#
發表於 19-3-19 10:58 |只看該作者

回覆樓主

Do you make up your mind yet? I’m dealing the same question too!

7#
發表於 19-3-20 09:03 |只看該作者

ESF K1 because through train. No need to worry.

8#
發表於 19-9-2 22:02 |只看該作者

回覆樓主:

probably too late to add to this thread. I am very interested to know what I can do to give my kid a better chance in IS like ESF / Vic.

also, want to know if QQ28 regrets opting ESF over Vic

9#
發表於 19-9-10 11:26 |只看該作者
回覆 hcken 的帖子

I think it depends if ESF if your first choice in IS, and how "IS" of a parent are you.
If your first choice school in HK is Shatin Junior or similar, highly suggest to take the ESF K1.

If VSA is your favorite school, and you are willing to take the risk that if you can't get in VSA it is okay to attend some of newer IS, there are so many these days - Malvern, Shrewbery, Stamford etc, Wycombe Abbey, Mount Kelly etcetc; or you want to still keep the door open a little for those top DSS schools, then go Vic CWB.

There are enough IS spaces to go around, and all are great schools; its just that most parents prefer to target those with longer track record, and ESF has done very well in IB for a long time while these new schools dont have track record yet. But I do think student's success is also highly dependent on the parents.

As for my point about "how IS of a parent are you", if you plan to compare how much a child knows academically with  peers of the same age, then you may not be too happy at ESF. There will be no homework in K and through much of primary, and any chinese you want will need to be done as an extra curricular. If you are ok with this, then ESF should be the easier choice for you as it is all through train and no need to worry for the next 15 years.

Disclaimer: I gave up ESF for VSA. I personally think ESF is great for secondary but not a bad idea to have some school exposure to Chinese in the early years. Plus I am happy with Victoria Kindergarten program.

10#
發表於 19-9-10 13:52 |只看該作者
chocosub 發表於 19-9-10 11:26
回覆 hcken 的帖子

I think it depends if ESF if your first choice in IS, and how "IS" of a parent ar ...

Thanks. This is by far the most comprehensive response I got. I like your point on "how IS I am as a parent" this worth a great deal of thinking.

In terms of the financial side in totality (including capital levy and ECA), would you say that ESF has an advantage over VSA?

11#
發表於 19-9-11 16:57 |只看該作者
My daughter studied in Victoria CB then to ESF since P1. I have no experience in VSA so I can't say much, but ESF provides good training and foundation for IB curriculum and it is very important if you intend to keep your child in the IB route, it is as good as the teachers whom execute the curriculum and ESF has good and experienced teachers in general. But their Chinese curriculum is quite weak and you will have to supplement a great deal if you wish you child to attain some kinda Chinese proficiency.

12#
發表於 19-9-12 22:33 |只看該作者
hcken 發表於 19-9-10 13:52
Thanks. This is by far the most comprehensive response I got. I like your point on "how IS I am as  ...

i admit I didn’t do that much comparison on the funds. To me both ESF and VSA are not the most expensive schools and the total number is one that we can still manage so this is not a deciding factor for me. I hope to try to refrain from being too tiger and just stick to non academic ECA such as music. Will need to check if chinese needs supporting at VSA

For me the deciding factor was I just wanted my kid to have a longer exposure to chinese at school in the early years (through Vic k3 and primary). And My mindset is that a bit of manageable homework is not a bad thing. Plus she wanted continue to go to school with her friends :)  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題