搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 AISHK vs Bradbury School
發新帖
查看: 1939|回覆: 4
go

AISHK vs Bradbury School [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 19-3-7 22:03 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
We originally applied for year 2 at AISHK but recently received an insertion offer to year 1.  As my son was born just before the Australian age guide cut off date, AISHK preferred my son to be a super big b and repeat half a year of P1 instead of skipping half a year to year 2.  We are not so sure whether becoming a super big b now will have any advantage almost towards the end of P1.

We had also checked with Bradbury School that we’re very near the top of the waiting list for year 2 and we may be called for interview within this academic year.
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 19-3-7 22:04 |只看該作者

回覆樓主

We have NZ passport and plan to send our son to either NZ or Australia for tertiary education (or maybe earlier for secondary boarding school).  We live on HK side and distance is also a consideration.  AISHK monthly costs will be at least $5000 more than ESF.  Even though we can afford it but it would also be nice to be able to save some money.

We will secure the offer to AISHK first but don’t know whether we should change to Bradbury school should we get an offer later on.

Can anyone please shed some light and advise which school will be the ‘better’ option for our case, thanks!

3#
發表於 19-3-8 11:23 |只看該作者
The first term just started in late Jan in AISHK, so I believe your kid still able to enjoy school this year

4#
發表於 19-3-8 21:44 |只看該作者
lovegeneration 發表於 19-3-7 22:03
We originally applied for year 2 at AISHK but recently received an insertion offer to year 1.  As my ...

本帖最後由 Activehealth 於 19-3-8 22:00 編輯

We have Aussie passports and our boy is in ESF secondary.

Not sure if you had been to the AISHK school tour.

I went on one and was shocked to see that the AISHK has such a small campus, with secondary and primary classrooms stacked on each other. It is along one of the busiest route in Kowloon. The campus is more like a local school campus and the school fee is pretty steep. The noise level inside the campus was phenomenal and the air may not be the cleaniest. The parents that I met on the tour were not the nicest people that I would expect to meet and so were the staffs who greeted us. I went to a private school in Australia, then a “group of 8” university and worked there before I returned to HK. I know how a good Aussie school is. I felt that the AISHK was subpar.

5#
發表於 19-3-8 21:59 |只看該作者

回覆樓主

(cont.)

We live on the HK island and it is most inconvenient if my boy has to travel to AISHK. My boy’s school campus now (secondary only) is at least twice bigger than AISHK and surrounded by greenery. There are plenty of Aussies as well and we pay less. Many Aussies live on the island won’t be bothered to send their kids to AISHK.

I spoke to current AISHK parent, whose kid is labelled special needs by the school. The school has threatened to kick the child out by saying that the school does not support SEN kids. How cruel, the kid has been at AISHK since prep!

That’s my two cents. Please ignore me if you don’t like my opinions, don’t bother to criticise what I say as I won’t care.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題