教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 想報"維多利亞幼兒園",不如入黎分享下 ...
樓主: 水玲瓏
go

想報"維多利亞幼兒園",不如入黎分享下 [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 05-8-8 16:29 |只看該作者

Re: 想報"維多利亞幼兒園",不如入黎分享下

tuenyima,

how's your daughter first day of N1 at Victoria?  Did she enjoy it?

HELLO!

42#
發表於 05-8-8 20:57 |只看該作者

fatping1:

Thank you for asking.  My daughter enjoyed the class very much.  But I think it's a bit crowded as many parents were in the classroom.  Some the kids were crying though their parents accompanied them.
[img align=left]http://onfinite.com/libraries/487250/185.jpg[/img]我愛小端宜 :-D

43#
發表於 05-8-10 16:52 |只看該作者

tuenyima,

can parents accompany their children to N1?  for how long?  
HELLO!

44#
發表於 05-8-10 22:13 |只看該作者

fatping1:

Please see below the extracts from Victoria's "Tips for a Happy School Life":

Accompanied by parents: 1 - 2 days
During the first and second days of school, parents are allowed to accompany their children in activities to give them a feeling of security.

Together in the Classroom : 3 - 4 days
After the children are familiar with classroom procedures, parents are asked to remain in the classroom, but keep their distance or even stay out of sight so as to encourage the children to take part in activities by themselves.  This also gives the children and the teachers more opportunity to play together and establish a relationship.

Together in the school: 3 - 4 days
Parents and children are separated for a short while so that the children cannot see their parents.  For example, during music or gross motor skills activities, when the children are happiest and most likely to forget their sadness.  However, the parents let the children know that they are in the school, and the teachers will bring the children to the parents, if necessary.

Complete Separation:
After the children have completely adapted to the Together in School Stage, parents are asked to settle their children into the classroom, then say goodbye and leave.  It is important, however, to tell your children that you will be back on time to pick them up.

45#
發表於 05-8-10 22:18 |只看該作者

fatping1:

Also, the curriculum during the first few weeks of school has objectives that are different from a regular curriculum.

Welcome to School (around 1 week)
Schedules and routines are followed every day during the one-hour activity time.  Through many different activities, the children begin to recognize the things and people around them in school.  Parents are there to help their children establish positive relationships.

Saying Goodbye to mum and dad (around 1 week)
The activity time is 2 hours, and the children begin to separate from their mums and dads, gradually transferring their attachment to the teachers.  Daily fixed routines establish security.

Getting on with activities
After the children are familiar with the school's environment, people and routines, they gradually learn rules and social acitivities that help them to understand what is expected of them at school.  This understanding allows them to spend maximum time engaged in meaningful activities, and to fully enjoy their time spent at school.

46#
發表於 05-8-11 16:57 |只看該作者

tuenyima,

so it will be helpful if my child starts going to playgroup at Victoria, so she will get used to the environment before going to N1, if she is accepted by Victoria...

i bet your daughter should be okay in N1 as she looks like a smart child...
HELLO!

47#
發表於 05-8-12 02:13 |只看該作者

My son (~ 19 months) just start playgroup at  Habour Heights, he enjoys it VERY VERY much. The staffs and teachers are kind and good. Although the price is little bit high, I think it's worth. I plan to apply PN class for him in coming Oct.  

48#
發表於 05-8-12 13:08 |只看該作者

8月11日
我個女開咗學幾日,冇喊,因為第1日我陪住佢,跟住呢幾日我工人陪佢. 尋日我工人試吓o係出面等,本來都ok,我個女冇喊,仲坐定定好專心咁聽老師講野,點知亞女隔離位個男仔忽然無啦啦打我女,我女梗係喊啦,跟住就即刻要搵姐姐喇! 攪到今日一定要姐姐陪o添! 真係冇計,唯有俾d時間啦!

8月12日
今日亞女一個人上堂,我同工人o係課室外"裝"佢,佢開頭喊咗一陣,就即刻有個老師攬住氹我個女,跟住到唱歌跳舞同吹番梘泡,我個女好鐘意,就忘記咗要搵我地,然後老師帶我女到洗手間,再返課室食茶點,我女又喊住要搵我地,老師又再即刻抱住我女,逗她笑,又稱讚我女識得自己用匙食東西,我女又破涕為笑(佢最鐘意人讚!),全程都係隔15-20分鐘就喊幾分鐘,老師氹吓又冇野,我覺得d老師都幾好,跟得好貼.

我女同李澤鉅個女同一班,d老師都冇大細超.

49#
發表於 05-8-12 18:24 |只看該作者

tuenyima,

The teachers and the arrangement for helping the kids adapt the school life there sounds good.  Then any bodyguard (from Li's family) there?  I heard that his elder daughter also studied in Victoria's PN many years ago, and had the bodyguard(s?) in the classroom.

50#
發表於 05-8-12 19:26 |只看該作者

zenith:

Yes, there are 4 bodyguards (1 outside the classroom; 2 at the entrance of the school; 1 outside but at the other side of the school).

Mrs. Li also accompanied her daughter from 8/8 - 11/8, but she didn't come today.

51#
發表於 05-8-12 19:35 |只看該作者

tuenyima,

wow     
Tuenyi will get into K1 next year and what's your preference for her?  

52#
發表於 05-8-12 20:48 |只看該作者

tuenyima,

Does your daughter study in Kornhill N1 now?  do u think the bodyguards will disturb the class?

As I will apply Harbour Heights Victoria, do u know if the teachers there are also nice?  
HELLO!

53#
發表於 05-8-12 20:49 |只看該作者

zenith,

I'm still considering.  Most probably I'll let my daughter stay at Victoria, but I'll apply for 2 to 3 "one-dragon" schools (e.g. St. Paul, Sacred Heart, Kau Yan).

For happy school life, Victoria sure wins!  Although Victoria also has primary and secondary schools, the school fees is really high (for primary is $5XXX now).  If my husband and I are still working, we can afford the school fees.  But as you know "life", many things are not predictable.  And sometimes I think that if I save those $5XXX per month, that will be a huge amount!  I can let my daughter to learn other things or just save those money for her future.

However, it is the truth that Victoria's school life and their teaching method is more suitable for my daughter than those traditional "one-dragon" schools.  I agree with their aims of education and the IB system.  My daughter will be happier if she studies at Victoria as she does not need to adapt a new environment and system.  Also, Victoria's system will not be affected by HK's educational system which is always changed.

So, it's still making me headache!

54#
發表於 05-8-12 20:52 |只看該作者

fatping1:

My daughter is studying in South Horizon's N1.  She joined Kornhill's playgroup earlier because at that time we are living in Eastern district.  But we moved to South Horizons several months ago.

I don't think the bodyguard will disturb the class because they only wait outside the classroom and the school.

I know nothing about Harbour Heights Victoria, but I learned from other BK moms that the most of the teachers there are kind-hearted and nice.

55#
發表於 05-8-13 13:25 |只看該作者

tuenyima,

the teachers at Harbour Heights Victoria are almost 70% rude, as well as the helper, too bad!
>>>>>????

56#
發表於 05-8-13 14:20 |只看該作者

Blythe_miki

Really?  My son is studying at Harbour Heights Victoria PN.  The teachers and helpers are nice wor.  May be they are the rest 30% la.

loklokc

57#
發表於 05-8-13 22:13 |只看該作者

loklokc,

I want to apply Harbour Heights Victoria playgroup for my daughter... may be when the parents are there during playgroup, the teachers and helpers will seem nicer???
HELLO!

58#
發表於 05-8-13 23:34 |只看該作者

Blythe_miki:

點解咁講呢? 因為我之前同幾位bk媽咪交收過物品,咁大家傾開佢地的仔女o係Harbour Height Victoria度讀,都話幾好喎,可能真係一dd啦!

59#
發表於 05-8-15 12:19 |只看該作者

tuenyima,

I also think Victoria is a good school with a happy environment, and I can see the kids there in the playgroup are v. happy.  I agreed with you that life is unpredictable, I'd rather save the money for future.  I'll also choose the "one dragon school" for my daughter, and Sacred Heart is my dream school as we're Catholics, and I want my daughter to study in a Catholic school.  Also, the standard of language & discipline of students are pretty good.  My hubby likes St Paul's Convent, but it's a bit difficult to get into!!

60#
發表於 05-8-15 17:24 |只看該作者

hi tuenyima,

因為我同亨亨去過 interview, 我之前 apply 何文田分校.
interview 果日我見到某些老師口黑face黑, 隻眼生係額頭, 由頭睇到你落腳..有 d 著得樸素既家長...就比佢地睇到實..
但係當然都有好既 老師啦…

我一年前打過電話去 Habour Height 問 Playgroup 既 information, 我問: 下午班仲有無位, 跟住果個老師話:
“ 無位呀", 然後"cup"線........

我都睇過有d topic, 都有唔小bk媽咪對 Victoria 既評價唔係甘好. 因為呢間學校始終係 Commercial, 不過我自己就終鐘意佢地係 IB system, 所以我先諗 lor... Victoria 係我既 2nd choice.

我表姐個仔都係 Victoria 畢業的, 今年9月開始返Victoria小學, 我表姐都話佢地課程好淺, 一定唔會比得上 St. Paul co-ed 呢 d local 既小學, 不過表姐話佢地係一條dragon, 唔洗煩. 所以就決定比佢個仔係Victoria 度過school life呢
>>>>>????
‹ 上一主題|下一主題