用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 going to US for secondary school?
發新帖
查看: 1678|回覆: 6
go

going to US for secondary school? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 18-12-15 09:20 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
We have some close family in east coast of USA ; hence thinking about sending our son there for secondary school. Wondering if anyone has little ones in US? Seems most ppl send to the uk. Just would like to know what’s the culture and whether there are schools with more discipline. Many thanks !!!
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 18-12-19 16:25 |只看該作者
Hello, I went to study in the US in Grade 10 (After F.4 in Hong Kong). The culture in the US really depends on whether it is a public or a private school. Private school is strict and are required to wear uniform mostly. The school will try to arrange all the stuff for the kids but might not be suitable for all the students. On the other hand, public schools have more freedom, but the students need to be aggressive and independent enough in order to stay on track and get into a good school.

3#
發表於 18-12-19 23:40 |只看該作者
Atecila 發表於 18-12-15 09:20
We have some close family in east coast of USA ; hence thinking about sending our son there for seco ...

no matter where, Australia, Canada, UK, US, more disciplines and rules in private/independent schools.

UK is very different from US. US is more liberal, flexible. you will have to do some research before you make the decision. go talk to the parents and agents.

more Hk parents choose UK over us because there are abundant source of independent boarding schools, and some take primary school students .  some civil servants in hk get subsidies to send children to UK.

4#
發表於 18-12-20 00:49 |只看該作者
daisy17772 發表於 18-12-19 23:40
no matter where, Australia, Canada, UK, US, more disciplines and rules in private/independent schoo ...

Thanks for the info! Yes seems easier to get info re UK since so many HK parents sending their kids to UK. But we have some close relatives in US , so just feel better to have some support. I will check for more info.

5#
發表於 18-12-20 08:30 |只看該作者
回覆 Atecila 的帖子

I have some close relatives in US east coast as well and I did send my daughter to US private school when she was Year 8. Then the School can’t arrange any school bus for her and the subject choices are different from Uk. In US, my daughter needed to study maths, history, 宗教,science,English, music,pe. It maybe different from other private school. I’m not sure. Ppl in the US school are nice and easy to mix with different culture people so my daughter can catch up with her English easily. After year 8, she then transferred to Uk. She is now in Year 10 in Uk.

6#
發表於 18-12-20 22:06 |只看該作者
jj100c 發表於 18-12-20 08:30
回覆 Atecila 的帖子

I have some close relatives in US east coast as well and I did send my daughter ...

Oh thanks for sharing ! Why did you transfer her to UK even though you have relatives in US? Is US education not rigorous enough ?

7#
發表於 19-1-31 01:01 |只看該作者
回覆 jj100c 的帖子

I’m also interested to know why your child decided to transfer to UK after one year in US? My child studies in an international school in HK now. I want to transfer him to a school where there are more aspiring teachers and students who will inspire him more. I haven’t decide whether to put him in US or UK system yet. What is the culture like in US private boarding schools?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題