密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Drug addiction in HK elite schools
發新帖
查看: 3440|回覆: 8
go

Drug addiction in HK elite schools

發表於 18-11-28 03:25 |顯示全部帖子
https://m.scmp.com/lifestyle/health-wellness/article/2174631/drug-addiction-hong-kong-elite-schools-how-anxiety-led

... Chang believe a lot of students at international schools are struggling with identity issues – and this makes them more vulnerable to substance abuse.

“International schools seem really polished on the outside, but when you really talk to the kids they are not necessarily having the best time. They are having so much cultural pressure from all sides – especially Asian kids who have a different background to the school they go to,” says Chang.

發表於 18-11-28 07:10 |顯示全部帖子
木子兔媽媽 發表於 18-11-28 03:25
https://m.scmp.com/lifestyle/health-wellness/article/2174631/drug-addiction-hong-kong-elite-schools- ...

本帖最後由 Fish777 於 18-11-28 07:29 編輯

Chang grew up in US before, why should he still got “identity issues” of Asian kids among different cultural background?
Both kids join the schools at Y7 and developed “anxiety issues” soon, maybe they couldn’t fit it or catch up which is a genuine source of stress. Chang also pointed out being neglect by his parents, I think that’s the ultimate reason.

發表於 18-11-28 09:10 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Fish777 的帖子

Chang是同性戀,這應該是他identity crisis。亦是引發佢有anxiety,父母帶佢去睇醫生,接觸到精神藥物的原因。

發表於 18-11-28 20:06 |顯示全部帖子
木子兔媽媽 發表於 18-11-28 03:25
https://m.scmp.com/lifestyle/health-wellness/article/2174631/drug-addiction-hong-kong-elite-schools- ...

The drug abused issue is happening in international schools, traditional schools, and anywhere else.

Drugs are there in the world and this is a truth, the most important is how parents, schools and organisations to do prevention work and education, what effective supports do the society provide.

No one ever told the parents they do not need to nurture and educate their children after they putting them into international school. Parents have absolute responsibility to guide their children to go to the correct way, it doesn’t matter international school or traditional school.

發表於 18-11-29 11:50 |顯示全部帖子
There are drugs issues in many schools in Hong Kong. But I am sure there are not as many as some people want to believe.
My kids were in ESF schools, and they do not have friends, or are not close to those that take drugs. And I am happy to say that they are both in universities and are not with drugs.
As far as I see, most students do not have identity problems. At least not at schools (international secondary schools).
One thing though, I know a few students that are at HKU/CUHK, and do have problems with making friends. Heard that some local students (particular from elite schools) are quite hostile against international school students (at elite programs like LLB and MBBS in particular). This probably have to do with their background as local schools students are used to fight game style of competition 有你冇我, so they do not want to be helpful or friendly to competitors. I have confirmed with friends with kids at local elite secondary schools. Students are not helpful at all even back in secondary schools. But students in international schools are usually a lot more friendly and helpful (not all be comparably more helpful). So this was more a cultural shock then identity issue.
By the way, know a lot of students going to UK US Canada etc for university. Seems like they can blend in much better in those western universities.  

發表於 18-11-29 13:46 |顯示全部帖子

回覆樓主

耐唔耐就會見到一些posts明示/暗示/討論IS 的學生很多都係濫藥、濫交等等。想問問宜家香港警察拉到的一衆吸毒青年們、或者一衆大肚求助的少女、又或者一衆未婚媽媽是否IS 學生佔大多數? 其實有沒有實質理據去支持他們的論點?

發表於 18-11-30 00:03 |顯示全部帖子

回覆樓主

Post 係因為報紙賣, 等大家自行判斷.
如果你問我, 我會講呢個世界多陷阱, 做家長一定要小心, 任何學校都有風險.

發表於 18-11-30 10:28 |顯示全部帖子

回覆樓主

Can’t agree more!  I think the whole article was trying to bring out the lack of resources and support against drug abuse in schools and in HK as a whole.  The reporter just happened to have interviewed 2 ex-addicts from international schools, who are now clean and have also pitched into helping those on the verge of falling through.  

發表於 18-12-5 13:01 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 alexlui 於 18-12-6 12:50 編輯

ESF Sha Tin College has a very strict policy to deal with drug problem, drug users were expelled. Police was informed. Most students think it is stupid to take drug.