搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 求教
發新帖
查看: 1727|回覆: 8
go

求教 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 18-11-14 13:26 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印

阿仔讀緊傳統名津校三年班。考試大約班十五名。每日功課大約一個至個半鐘做完。每日上一個興趣班,做哂功課溫哂默書九點瞓。因我地打算送佢去外國(英國或美國)讀大學,又唔想中三咁早送佢去boarding,
而且覺得國際學校的教法較適合將來社會的需要,所以最近幫佢報了國際學校。面試後剛收到國際學校offer下年暑假後入學。我們十分喜歡間國際學校,雖然不是最出名的國際學校,但校風好,老師有愛心,唯一中文程度會比依家低。阿仔自己不太想轉,因為佢不覺得依家好辛苦,也不想和同學分開。不過阿仔不抗拒讀完小學先轉,當然到時要再申請過,而且唔知有冇位。我地仲有個細仔將會跟哥哥入同一間小學。如果哥哥轉也會跟著轉。我地負擔到兩個仔讀國際,也不算吃力。阿仔算聽話,如果我地盡量說服,佢應該會聽。請問大家我地應該盡量說服阿仔下年轉嗎,還是比佢讀完小學先轉國際?謝謝!

1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 18-11-14 21:41 |只看該作者
回覆 MsTang11 的帖子

My kid switched from local to IS after finishing P3.  He was a bit reluctant to switch because of his friends.  I reassured him that he could keep in touch with old friends, and make new friends.  Change is scary for kids but your words and encouragement will give him/her the courage.  My kid was nervous in the first week of school but adapted quickly, made new friends, and learning much more than in previous school.  He’s glad we made the switch and realised learning can be so much fun.  
Though he doesn’t have lots of hw, the scope and depth of learning is more demanding.  He does a lot in school instead of doing irrelevant hw and exams.  IS preps kids to be lifelong learners and problem solvers.  This growth mindset is implanted in the early years so I would say it’s definitely better to make the switch for your kid now, so he’d have time to develop such mindset prior to going into senior years.  Congratulations on getting an offer, and I wish you and your kid the best.  

3#
發表於 18-11-15 01:41 |只看該作者
回覆 RidingC 的帖子

Many thanks for your reply! Your words are so encouraging and reassuring to me. I will talk with my son again!

4#
發表於 18-11-15 10:43 |只看該作者

回覆樓主

Hi MsTang11/RidingC, thanks for your sharing about your kid’s switch from local school to international school.  May I ask how long did you wait to get to interview/offer (ie how early should we apply) and how to better prepare the child while still in local stream?  My kid is in p2 now and English level not bad (but not as good as native) and we wish to let her pick up more Chinese before switching so we need to find a balance.

5#
發表於 18-11-15 11:48 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 MsTang11 於 18-11-15 13:45 編輯

回覆 海綿草 的帖子

I applied for a few international schools a few months ago and this is the first interview that my son went to, probably the school has a shorter waiting list due to Its location. 2 other schools replied there would be interviews from next Jan while ESF replied suggesting us to buy NR otherwise the chance of interview will be really slim. I guess there isn’t an optimal time to switch as some would think the earlier the better so as to adapt to the new system as well as catching up on English, while some would think switching at p4, 5 or even secondary will let the kid learn more chinese. I’m also not quite sure if I am making the right choice by switching my son next year plus my son himself doesn’t quite see why he should switch, so I am asking for more opinions here. But considering most of the IS have quite long waiting list, I would suggest you to apply now than later. My son’s English writing and reading are fine but his spoken English is also not native. I arranged 1:1 English oral class with an NET once per week since a few months ago and I think it helped with the interview. We talk mainly in Cantonese but I also talk with him in English one day every week just to make him practise more. Good luck.

6#
發表於 18-11-15 18:53 |只看該作者

回覆樓主

Thanks Miss Tang, that’s quite fast.  Thanks for the sharing.  

7#
發表於 18-11-15 21:26 |只看該作者
回覆 海綿草 的帖子

Pleasure.

8#
發表於 18-11-16 23:13 |只看該作者
海綿草 發表於 18-11-15 10:43
Hi MsTang11/RidingC, thanks for your sharing about your kid’s switch from local school to internati ...
We bought NR for ESF schools and were interviewed within one year for 2 of them.
As for preparing your kid for English environment, reading English books and watching English programme would help.  

9#
發表於 18-11-17 00:05 |只看該作者

回覆樓主

Thanks Riding C, we can’t afford NR.  If so, any idea on what the situation is like?  We are in Bradbury zone.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題