教育王國 討論區 小一選校 CKY vs XXX
發新帖
查看: 2693|回覆: 4
go

CKY vs XXX [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 18-6-6 11:19 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
本帖最後由 train 於 18-6-9 00:03 編輯

People are discussing about CKY 校長話 "學生學習得吾好, 是老師責任。" in the  “CKY vs Maryknoll “ post. This is what I heard from the principal. How do you interpret it is another issue.
Totally agree that there is no meaning to compare apple vs orange. It is better to ask yourself whether you like apple or orange.
To me CKY is good but not perfect.
Pros:
Kids are super happy over the years.
Classes are interactive, there are lot of activates and discussions, you will never be bored.
Focused on analytical thinking, critical thinking and creativity rather than memorization.
Lots of projects & presentations, even very shy child will become presentable.
To some parents projects are great burdens, but to me that is one of the best things about the school. For big projects there are excellent written guidelines, which I feel pity why no one had ever taught me before? Why I have to work it out all by myself during my university years and they are so lucky that they are taught at P1. Through the process of doing numerous small and big projects they learnt how to collect, interpret, analyze information, give their own opinions and present it.
“Every child is good at something.” The school gives plenty of opportunities for kids to show their talent, not just academic achievement.
There are remedial classes and even repeat if you cannot meet the academic requirement but will not ask you to leave. Whether to attend outside tutorial classes is totally parents’ decision, the school always tells parents no need.
Parents do not need to spend much time to do revision with them, even before exams.

Cons:
Big difference in the quality of teachers. Every year I wish my kid will be lucky enough to have good teachers, but unfortunately not.
Administration is not effective, always notify you school activities very late, difficult for working parents.
It may be difficult for parents to know in detail what they are teaching/learning, that means a senses of insecurity for some parents.
Lot of readings need parents to read together with them, helping with the projects, mainly in the early years.

To be honest I think CKY principal had done a great marketing job.
Congratulations for those who have choices between CKY & traditional famous schools, your child must be brilliant. They will be successful in any kind of education.

點評

meowloo   so true...same as what my friend said, and her son had been transferred to another school   發表於 18-9-5 10:14
四隻貓    發表於 18-6-6 14:34
   6    0    0    0

2#
發表於 18-6-6 11:24 |只看該作者
不要太認真了, 我只覺得係講D家長想聽的說話, 就如一般公司客戶服務部話「我地會滿足所有客人的要求」差不多啦

3#
發表於 18-6-6 11:29 |只看該作者

回覆樓主

“Totally agree that there is no meaning to compare apple vs orange. It is better to ask yourself whether you like apple or orange.”

That’s very true

其實問嘅人都唔知自己想點,其他人更加難俾意見

4#
發表於 18-6-6 11:29 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Luktaitai 於 18-6-6 11:34 編輯

I think one of the major concerns for most parents is "Money".  CKY school fee, although is not as expensive as IS, it is still not affordable by most families, plus concerning the possibility of studying aboard in later years and many costly activities/summer tours......  And, whether the quality of teacher is really good is in doubt.  Tutoring is not uncommon in IB schools.
In my case, i drop CKY too, primarily due to this reason.

Any i totally agree that if your kid is really smart and the parents are supportive, he / she can  survive and succeed in any kind of education

5#
發表於 18-7-25 22:40 |只看該作者
Luktaitai 發表於 18-6-6 11:29
I think one of the major concerns for most parents is "Money".  CKY school fee, although is not as e ...

Thanks for information. May I know which school did your kid move to?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題