用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RC VS CWB
發新帖回覆
查看: 1575|回覆: 13
go

RC VS CWB

Rank: 1


21
發表於 18-2-27 17:34 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 Greenpower 於 18-2-27 18:05 編輯

If RC VS CWB, 大家會點揀?

剛剛收到RC Offer, 但CWB on reserve list (& high rank), 本來一心以為RC 排得好後,等緊CWB call. 突然收到RC, 依家10 16中 .


Rank: 5Rank: 5


4846
發表於 18-2-27 19:38 |顯示全部帖子

回覆樓主

依家問,應該冇人會答你。等RC 的人,會好想你揀cwb, 同樣,等cwb 的人,會好想你入RC. 到呢一刻,大家都好難中立,少一個位就係少一個位。

Rank: 5Rank: 5


2222
發表於 18-2-27 19:47 |顯示全部帖子

回覆樓主

Maybe you call your kinder and see if they can give you some advise? Or else you pay for the rc offer first and wait for the other offer

Rank: 5Rank: 5


1807
發表於 18-2-27 20:26 |顯示全部帖子
你應該考慮 RC vs KGV/STC?

Rank: 1


21
發表於 18-2-28 00:14 |顯示全部帖子
貝珠 發表於 18-2-27 19:38
依家問,應該冇人會答你。等RC 的人,會好想你揀cwb, 同樣,等cwb 的人,會好想你入RC. 到呢一刻,大家都好 ...

我都明白大家都好緊張,我原本意思只係想上黎搵人傾訴一下,聽下其他意見啫。放棄RC 等於買一鋪大細,所以先心大心細...

Rank: 1


21
發表於 18-2-28 00:21 |顯示全部帖子
抺茶雪糕 發表於 18-2-27 19:47
Maybe you call your kinder and see if they can give you some advise? Or else you pay for the rc offe ...

Thanks for the suggestion! I guess my kinder won’t give us much advice in this situation. But for sure we won’t pay the deposit & wait for CWB at the same time. We will only pick one.

Rank: 1


21
發表於 18-2-28 00:23 |顯示全部帖子
little-pig-pig 發表於 18-2-27 20:26
你應該考慮 RC vs KGV/STC?

這個也值得考慮. 我地本身對中學部不太熟悉, 正路係唔係應該KGV 好過RC 呢?

Rank: 6Rank: 6


8322
發表於 18-2-28 02:07 |顯示全部帖子
If your top choice is RC you would not be asking this question, so RC is obviously not your top choice.

Essentially you have 3 options...

(1) Accept RC now, pay the deposit (I believe it is around $80k?) to secure the place, and forget CWBS. Don't look back and don't lose any sleep over it.

(2) Accept RC now and pay the deposit. If CWBS also give you an offer later on, you could stick to RC or accept CWBS and give up the deposit paid to RC. Think of it as a donation to RC/ESF.

(3) Decline RC and wait for CWBS, in which case you could end up with nothing.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. You either take the risk of declining RC or pay to cover that risk.

Rank: 6Rank: 6


9921
發表於 18-2-28 10:48 |顯示全部帖子
Greenpower 發表於 18-2-28 00:14
我都明白大家都好緊張,我原本意思只係想上黎搵人傾訴一下,聽下其他意見啫。放棄RC 等於買一鋪大細,所以 ...

你個問題不成立。
你只有 RC 在手,何來 RC vs CWB ?
RC vs KGV/STC 就更多餘。
今年好多人 RC / ESF 都比人 reject ,你自己衡量,你唔留 RC 個位,好多人好開心。

Rank: 5Rank: 5


2326
發表於 18-2-28 10:58 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 ChocoMilk33 於 18-2-28 12:14 編輯

According to past experience, kids put on reserve list (with high ranking in the list) has high chance of being admitted before Y1 starts. But of course each year varies... Good luck!   

Rank: 3Rank: 3


231
發表於 18-2-28 11:00 |顯示全部帖子

回覆樓主

If I were you, I would defo pay the deposit to secure the place in RC first... unless I have back up plans that could work even if I lost the place in RC and no responses from CWB.

Rank: 5Rank: 5


1432
發表於 18-2-28 11:05 |顯示全部帖子
RC俾幾多時間你諗呢?CWBS應該都会開始call waiting.

Rank: 5Rank: 5


2222
發表於 18-2-28 11:18 |顯示全部帖子
Thelittleteddy 發表於 18-2-28 11:00
If I were you, I would defo pay the deposit to secure the place in RC first... unless I have back up ...

Agree, it will be a hard time waiting for offer from cwb (maybe a few months), and touchwood if no offer in the end it will be too late to look for backup

Rc is good, maybe just pay and take the offer, it’s first choice for many people

Rank: 1


21
發表於 18-2-28 19:56 |顯示全部帖子

回覆樓主:

本帖最後由 Greenpower 於 18-2-28 20:11 編輯

Thank you all for the kind advice shared we don’t need to struggle now. We will release the RC offer. Good luck to those who are on the wait list!

你需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊