請問有冇小學傳統小學,中學國際學校,分享? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 18-2-26 10:28 |只看該作者
回覆 mandy_ng207 的帖子

Very well said, agreed

22#
發表於 18-2-26 10:53 |只看該作者
markBB 發表於 18-2-26 03:41
But all you said is based on the assumption that IS education is better than local school or like so ...

本帖最後由 GillianChung 於 18-2-26 11:04 編輯

本帖最後由 GillianChung 於 18-2-26 11:00 編輯

The main difference is the way how to teach the kids do shape their mindset and character. I am not saying local schools must be worsen then IS, but the way the kids learn in IS does impact a lot on kids than local’s. Kids at local schools have less inspiration as local schools focuses on academical results, a lot of homework, tests and exams. It makes kids having good memorisation but not tending to inspire them in self thinking, creativity, training their ability for own analysis and problem solving. These skills are good for life! They learn it earlier it helps shaping their character. I believe Developing character is more important than anything else in their school life when they are still little.

23#
發表於 18-2-26 10:54 |只看該作者
But all you said is based on the assumption that IS education is better than local school or like so ...

本帖最後由 GillianChung 於 18-2-26 11:34 編輯

本帖最後由 GillianChung 於 18-2-26 11:03 編輯

Besides using myself as example, actually I m also an user now. I have 2 kids. My older kid is at k2. Shaping character is about the way how to inspire the kids to learn, so actually it has no real difference in the past or present.  Take another example: my friend’s daughter was in a local kg at pn (2 years old), she was very quiet. Her mom changed her to esf for k1 (3 years old), then my friend told me her daughter has completely transformed to another person after attending k1 there because the way the new school has used can help a kid to develop the unknown side. She became more adventurous and confident now. If local school also uses the same approach to teach then I would also say local school’s teaching method is good for kids too.

24#
發表於 18-2-26 11:11 |只看該作者
mandy_ng207 發表於 18-2-26 08:56
回覆 markBB 的帖子

There was previously some debates about the importance of learning Chinese for 2 ...

Agree, to some people education is mainly about acquiring knowledge and language, that’s fine. But to me I am looking for more, like shaping of character and mindset and cultural acquisition. To me, learning language can always be supplemented outside and shaping of character cannot.

25#
發表於 18-2-26 11:40 |只看該作者
mandy_ng207 發表於 18-2-26 08:56
回覆 markBB 的帖子

There was previously some debates about the importance of learning Chinese for 2 ...
One thing to supplement......I graduated from a rather competitive undergraduate program, while the local school graduates studies very hard all day to keep up their standard, the IS graduates tend to play a lot after lesson. I guess this was the difference in studying approach. It requires hard work to finish this program but the IS graduates could still handle. I found it "weird" that students can play after lesson in this demanding program, but in the end, most of these IS graduates got a good grasp of knowledge and they did quite well in their postgraduate studies.

26#
發表於 18-2-26 12:32 |只看該作者

本帖最後由 GillianChung 於 18-2-26 12:40 編輯

Also, you may have a wrong impression that IS doesn’t have good Chinese to learn. Actually quite many IS nowadays know the trend of learning Chinese for future good so  many IS have put chinese as main subject for kids to learn too. Of cuz some IS have high level of Chinese whilst some have less... so parents have to do some research for their kids. For me, I would send my kids to tutorial class for learning extra chinese when they are in IS. Same as the parents in local, they would send their kids to learn Eng when their kids are at local where the main language is Chinese there. Again, I m not biased against local, just I have own experience on both local and IS & also I m a current user. guess u don’t have experience in IS and have no kid yet, so you may not know the idea.

27#
發表於 18-2-27 16:15 |只看該作者

回覆樓主:

本帖最後由 964000 於 18-2-27 16:27 編輯

Another point you may want to consider, if you really want to mingle with international community with a diversified culture, which I believe will contribute to character shaping, the best timing is during the kinder and primary years.I found that with local students joining IS at later stages, they tend to stay with themselves as a own group. This still could happen even when you go to study abroad. Also in HK, many expats will leave for their own countries for higher grades  and universities, so you will find the proportion of local Chinese will become higher and higher with higher grades even in IS. So as I said, you will be missing “a lot”, in case you think that’s important, if you join later.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題