用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Whether to change school: from Diamond Hill Ling Lia ...
發新帖
查看: 999|回覆: 4
go

Whether to change school: from Diamond Hill Ling Liang to Creative Kinderga [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-7-7 10:06 |只看該作者

Whether to change school: from Diamond Hill Ling Liang to Creative Kindergarten

My boy has been studying in the Diamond Hill LL in K1 (p.m.).  It is a good school but seems my boy doesn’t enjoy school life very much.  He still refuses to go to school occasionally even in recent days.
I would like to change him to a.m. session in K2 and Kowloon Tong Creative Kindergarten has accepted him.  But recently DHLL called me that they can also change my boy to the a.m. session in K2 too.  I am now troubled by whether to change to Creative for my boy.  I think the two kindergartens’ objective are quite much similar, while that DHLL is a bit better as the overall management of the school is better (school setting, school activity, equipments… and according to “word-of-mouth”).  However, I found that individual teacher may not be performing really good at times (may not have enough patience to children, and may focus on certain children in a class), but I am also afraid that changing school is a risk as my boy may not be accustom to the new environment.  Besides that objectively speaking, the overall curriculum of DHLL is better.  
Could any mother give me some advices?  
Thank you so much!!!

2#
發表於 05-7-7 10:41 |只看該作者

Re: Whether to change school: from Diamond Hill Ling Liang to Creative Kindergar

If everything is better in DHLL and you are satisfy with the school, I suggest you to let your boy to stay in DHLL instead of change to other KG.  In DHLL, he should have some friends from K1.  In the new KG, everything will be all new to him.  However, if you change to the am session, then he will need to make new friends in the DHLL as well.

If your boy does not like to go to school, ask him why? Ask him who is his best friend.  Then, when he goes to school, tell him that he can meet this friend or friends in school and play/study together.  Kids like to enjoy playing with their friends.  Tell him the bright side of going to school, this will help him likes to go to school.

3#
發表於 05-7-7 11:48 |只看該作者

Re: Whether to change school: from Diamond Hill Ling Liang to Creative Kindergar

Do you know the reason for your son's dislike of school? e.g. dislikes his teacher? bullied by classmates? tired because of pm class? missing home? Have you done something on it?

Because Creative Kindergarten is quite similar to DHLL, I would suggest you found out the problem for your son first, then see if the new school can solve this problem. otherwise, you may have the same problem again in the new school.

:  :  :

4#
發表於 05-7-7 12:21 |只看該作者

Thank you for all your sharing and advices.  Yes, I had talked to my boy and he said that the teacher once scolded him for his naughty behavior.  I had tried to do something for it (explained to him, and tell the teacher and ask her to discuss with my boy directly…) but seems he remembers this occasion from time to time.  
Another reason maybe that he is shy at outside and is not an active boy at school (but he’s very talkative, expressing himself very clearly at home) and seems that his class teachers haven’t done much to help this kind of children (e.g. extra encouragement for them in answering questions in class), but rather, focus on those who are already very engaged in class.
I have also thought of whether other kind of school is more suitable for my boy, but I don’t think he will suits the more traditional and demanding school  

5#
發表於 05-7-10 00:38 |只看該作者

Mimi,

pls check your pm.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題