Teaching medium

陳守仁 : English
循道 : Chinese

School fee

陳守仁 : $12,000/year
循道: nil (Subsidized)

Facilities at schools:

陳守仁 much better than 循道

陳守仁 : 30 classrooms, 1 hall, 1 libray, 1 全天候暖水泳池, 2 Basketball courts, 8 special rooms﹝電腦室、音樂室2個、 美勞室、常識室、學生活動室﹞, 多媒體語言教學室 etc.

循道 : 12 classrooms,  5 special rooms﹝活動室、電腦室、音樂室、輔導室、童軍室﹞, 1 playgound, 1 hall, 1 library etc.

Academic qualifications of teachers:

陳守仁 better than 循道
(over 70% of 陳守仁 teachers have bachelor degrees)

Teaching experience of teachers:

循道 longer than 陳守仁
(over 70% of 循道 teachers longer than 5 years)

Affilated secondary school

陳守仁 nil
循道 循道中學 (about 70% primary school graduates)

All in all, I believe the quality of teaching is better for 陳守仁, and 陳守仁 has the right to choose the students she prefers (the chosen candidates should have a better command of English/English standard).

The only shortcoming I can think of 陳守仁 is 直資 (you have to pay school fee and you cannot join central allocation if you accept its place) and she don't have affiliated secondary school like 循道.

3#
發表於 05-7-7 11:52 |只看該作者

Re: 加士居道循道Vs陳守仁

請問循道中學好唔好!

4#
發表於 05-7-7 12:20 |只看該作者

One may consider the comments from those parents with children attending that school, e.g. school learning environment, student's learning attitude, etc. The physical things of a school is important but not necessarily essential. I think that the result of the secondary school allocation of 加士居道循道 is good and the teaching media of 陳守仁 is English. Two schools are good. But you have to consider what things you want to get and how much you want to pay $$.

5#
發表於 05-7-7 14:21 |只看該作者

Dear Mission,

Thank you for your clear analysis.  I heard about that Methodist has less activity and focus on study during primary school.  Is it true?  And is it good to have affilated secondary school?

小花花

6#
發表於 05-7-7 22:13 |只看該作者

Hi 小花花,

You can check on below websites to know more details of the schools.

陳守仁
http://210.0.207.198/schoolweb/index.htm

循道
http://www.kmsch.edu.hk/Homepage.swf

*In the 週年工作計劃 (2004-2005) of 循道 (in Chinese)  you can look into the present condition of the school and students (strength and weakness) as written by school authorities.

Hope this will help.  

‹ 上一主題|下一主題