搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 蘇浙幼稚園國際部 KCIS's Kindergarten
發新帖
查看: 4124|回覆: 16
go

蘇浙幼稚園國際部 KCIS's Kindergarten [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 17-10-19 12:35 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
We have been invited to attend their interview assessment for 2018 kindergarten.  Grateful if anyone call share their view of the school, in terms of their English level and university achievement.  We would like our son to study at IS in Hong Kong, and attend university in Canada in the future.

Many thanks in advance.
   2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 17-10-19 13:48 |只看該作者
If you really concern the academic results of KCIS, I would suggest you better don't pick it.
The price reflects everything.

3#
發表於 17-10-19 16:03 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 josechan 於 17-10-19 16:11 編輯

In my years, tuition fees of ESF and KCIS are similar. My girl got admitted to both but we finally picked KCIS because of it's balanced curriculum (using the same local stream Chinese textbook of the same age and teaching traditional Chinese). My girl now also goes to Chinese tutorial and the teacher commented that she has the Chinese level of local kid of the same age. Other than Chinese class, kids communicate in English even at their own playtime. I would say for the primary years, it is value for money. Of course if you are looking for fancy facilities, KCIS cannot provide that.

4#
發表於 17-10-19 16:26 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 joyct120 於 17-10-19 16:28 編輯

Hi all, I would be interested to know about how you guys felt about the students conduct from the secondary section of the international school. People have been telling me about their bad perception of KC as traditionally a band 3 school. To me, i think that is more like a wrong perception on their local school section back in 10-20 years ago when i was a student (which the international section was not even exist). However, I tried to do some google search online for good comments to prove that this is not the case but in vain.
Is there any parents here that can share me your experience or thoughts about the KCIS secondary school section if it's good in terms of their conduct?

Academic wise, i think it's acceptable to me. Their recent IB Result scored an average of 35 which is at the same tier among the peers such as YCIS and ISF (but price is much cheaper) - not the best nor worst but definitely worth for the price paid as an IS.

5#
發表於 17-10-19 16:48 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 josechan 於 17-10-19 16:52 編輯

My girl is now at upper primary and is already using the upper campus (the Braemar Hill campus) for quite some years (students start going to upper campus since Year 2). I would say it is basically two very distinct groups of student sharing the same campus. They don't interact and have very different school timetable so they never interact throughout the day. Another reason for this "no interaction" is that they don't use the same language.
Speaking of KCIS secondary school kids, I once lost my way at the campus when i was looking for my girl's classroom. I asked one secondary school kid about the location and he brought me there in person. That was quite impressive.

6#
發表於 17-10-19 16:59 |只看該作者
Thanks #josechan. Very helpful. Conduct is something which i really emphasize on and to me it's more critical than academic performance. I have a feeling that KCIS is different to what we used to think about the traditional KC school back in 20 years ago but i do appreciate thoughts from parents to prove me that's the case.

Do you manage to see if KCIS students will have different school hours to other local secondary schools in Braemar Hills? I also heard about the notorious schools such as SJA and Kwai Wah Shan etc so not sure if this may affect the KCIS kids studying at the school.

Your comment is very helpful, much appreciated.

7#
發表於 17-10-19 17:19 |只看該作者
Starting from Year 1 their school hour is 9am-3:30pm. 9am is considered quite late among Braemar Hill schools. The good thing about this late starting is to avoid the congestion. As my girl is still taking school bus so I am not too sure about the off-campus interaction. But I was once leaving campus with her by bus and different students just talked to their own school friends.

8#
發表於 17-10-19 17:33 |只看該作者
Thank you Josechan

9#
發表於 17-10-20 09:49 |只看該作者
Thanks all for your sharing.  The level of fees of KCIS for sure is attractive to us.  We are just worried that its reputation may not be as well known as other popular IS in Hong Kong (like ESF, ISF and American International School), and may affect our plan to send my boy for overseas studies in the future.

10#
發表於 17-10-20 10:05 |只看該作者
#Drewdrewchan - from my point of view, i don't think there will be a concern if you are thinking about whether the reputation would affect your kids' admittance to oversea studies, in particular to universities. University entries look at public examination results rather than the name of secondary school.

I would say if your child does well at school exams and have positive school record at studies, that sounds sufficient to me. My 2 cents

11#
發表於 17-10-20 20:17 |只看該作者
Drewdrewchan 發表於 17-10-20 09:49
Thanks all for your sharing.  The level of fees of KCIS for sure is attractive to us.  We are just w ...

if u think the name of the primary and secondary school would influence a kid's future or his Admission to overseas universities, don't pick KCIS.

12#
發表於 17-10-20 21:29 |只看該作者
MewB 發表於 17-10-20 20:17
if u think the name of the primary and secondary school would influence a kid's future or his Admis ...

Really agree. If no confidence, y still apply for the school?

13#
發表於 17-12-8 10:59 |只看該作者

回覆樓主:

My son is new in Year 7.  Before that I also concern about the conduct of the students.  after several times going to.the school and talked to the students there, all the students I talked to are very nice and polite.  I think the conduct of the students in KCIS secondary section is better than other IS.

14#
發表於 17-12-8 11:01 |只看該作者

回覆樓主:

If conduct is your concern, then picking KCIS is a good choice.  My son told me his classmates are generally good conduct.

15#
發表於 17-12-8 11:03 |只看該作者

回覆樓主:

But honestly don't expect too much on the school facilities or teacher's qualification.

16#
發表於 17-12-8 11:09 |只看該作者

回覆樓主:

Having said that, I like the flexibility of the school.  sometimes, top international school may.not be suitable.to all students.  my son likes the school and the teachers.  He likes learning in the school.  That is already sufficient.  Creating his interest in learning and reading and have good conduct is my main target.  whether his academic result is good or not is really not so important cos this can always change. My son never read English books but 3 months after he changed to KCIS, he has already finished two story books and keep asking me to buy more English books.  I do think the school did help in this way.

17#
發表於 17-12-8 23:55 |只看該作者
i did a deep research for KCIS and studied 1 years in KCC local secondary many years ago. honestly their secondary session is not good enough but k and p comment is very good that i send my son to k. because of kcc local secondary is not good, my feeling is the school theme to seperate the students that they never met others. when i was in kcc 1 years(repeat form 5 and whole class is repeater from other school) , i just saw other classes less than 3 times(amazing, isnt it?). in addition, their teachers are very good (local) and even must better than my pre band 1 school teachers
‹ 上一主題|下一主題