用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Has anyone put your kids to IS and LS at the same ti ...
發新帖
查看: 1664|回覆: 6
go

Has anyone put your kids to IS and LS at the same time ? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 17-4-18 02:57 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I hv a big girl who is studying K2 in a traditional local kindie , as she is a very attentive girl
and follows order very well , she adapts to the LS quite well but I m indeed worried about the burden of local curriculum in primary schools later.
On the other hand . I hv a little boy 1 year old , thinking to put him in IS instead as I always brlieve boys are much more active and should not hv so much boundaries in early childhood , I dun think he can be like my elder daughter who can sit still in class and willing to write , do homework every day. I m also worried that having to push all my kids in academic side , it will be so  stressful  😭😭
And I dun hv any ideas about the IS schools too ,
Anyone can share if they have kids in a family studying in different stream ? Are there any difficulties to manage ? Like will any one of them complain of being too harsh in school like over the others ?
Thanks for your kind sharing !
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 17-4-18 03:48 |只看該作者
janice_hahahehe 發表於 17-4-18 02:57
I hv a big girl who is studying K2 in a traditional local kindie , as she is a very attentive girl
a ...

國際學校不是沒有 boundaries。
國際學校是在學術上較包容,容許小朋友學習進度略慢。
但行為上要求不低,課堂上也有很多規則規舉,不是小朋友想點都得。
當然,如果小朋友有 special needs,學校可能給予特別安排,但也不是每間國際學校有資源處理 soecial needs 學生。
以為國際學校好自由,是很多家長的誤解。

3#
發表於 17-4-18 07:53 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 torunpoland 於 17-4-18 14:09 編輯

Personally I do not have such an experience.

Yet a very close relative of mine does. His elder boy (aged 13) has switched to an IS from a DSS which his younger girl (aged 9) goes to.

Brother does not need to do homework everyday, while the sister does. Brother gets up later (at 8am) but the sister gets up at 6:45am. The sister does whine about the workload, like "he even doens't have homework to do, but I gotta bury into it everyday. He doesn't know how harsh I've been to but he can sleep more."

Calendar management becomes an issue for his family, like planning a trip, so does the lunch preparation by his domestic helper.

4#
發表於 17-4-18 08:59 |只看該作者
My friend's sons tried that before, ended up the one in LS always complaining of the workload and exams, refused to cooperate, almost need to repeat the year, at the end he got both into IS. Both are very smart kids and gifted. But girl and boy may be different, if both kids are of the same gender, I would not recommend it

5#
發表於 17-4-18 11:34 |只看該作者
One of my friend has elder child (boy) in CKY and younger child (girl) in ESF. She wanted to switch older child to ESF when her younger one got into ESF but he refused because he already had many friends. The boy seems to enjoy the more challenging workload and curriculum. So hard to say. All depends on personality.

6#
發表於 17-4-18 13:27 |只看該作者

回覆樓主:

I am surprised to see parent said they believe such stereotyping; boys need less bundaries than girls.
The more bizzare a thing is, the less mysterious it proves to be.

7#
發表於 17-4-18 21:51 |只看該作者
Oh yes thanks for reminding me about the calendar issue .
another important consideration too .

Sorry for leading any misunderstandings about raising boys or girls ,
I dun mean boys need less boundaries , just my girl are a very 乖巧type girl that seems she can survive in the LS without too much hassle , and because I hv quite many friends' boys can not adapt the local primary school life, they can't do dictation , homework  (indeed I heard more boys having the problems than girls ), and the stress ruins their parental relationship with the kids . that's why they prompt me to know more about IS as another options
I m open to choices , just thinking it IS is another option for the little boy ,
or even my girl later.  Agree with above . Personality matters .
Thanks for all yr sharing.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題