用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 教育講場 Jolly Phonics ~~ 一定要睇第一頁呀!!
樓主: somama^_^
go

Jolly Phonics ~~ 一定要睇第一頁呀!! [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 05-7-12 12:32 |只看該作者

Re: Jolly Phonics

Hello,

Yes. I've asked both Robin Chan and Gail Zobrist.
The charge is similar.

82#
發表於 05-7-12 23:39 |只看該作者

Re: Jolly Phonics ~~ 一定要睇第一頁呀!!

Hi bbqueen,

I will attend the 1-day training at the Jolly Faith Learning Centre.  It is located at the 畢架山花園商場.  It costs $780 from 10am - 5pm.

The training is provided for parent and teacher.  It will cover introduction of the JP progromme & the 42 sounds and corresponding actions & etc.

In details, you can refer to the web site of the JFLC at page 1,
--> " Course"
--> " Summer Course"
--> go to page 25.

bbqueen 寫道:
somama^_^

Would you pls share more info about the training on 30/7?  Is it for parents only?  Where's the location?  Thanks!

83#
發表於 05-7-12 23:40 |只看該作者

Thanks MK.  and updated on page 1.

MK 寫道:
YMCA(TST)'s Phonics courses are using Jolly Phonics too.        

84#
發表於 05-7-12 23:48 |只看該作者

Hi bb2001,

咁, 你住在那兒呀!!  看看有没有mama & kids 會join 到你la......

85#
發表於 05-7-13 01:05 |只看該作者

somama^_^

Thanks for your info.  Have you decided to join the training?  It seems quite expensive.  Can you share your comments 佢地ge training 攪得好唔好?

86#
發表於 05-7-13 13:52 |只看該作者

bbqueen,

我巳報了名, 貴都無計, 因為自己不學的話, 不可能教囡囡的呀!!

我去re-union 時, 有mama 說他們的training 不錯, 我上完堂再share 下啦!!

不過, jenniferpl 好似上過.

jenniferpl, 不如你 share 下啦!!

87#
發表於 05-7-13 16:13 |只看該作者

Somma,

Here are some of the points that I have jotted down, hope you find it useful.

At the early stages it is important that all the letters should be introduced by their sounds and not their name.

1.        Start by telling them the story (suggested storyline is given in the handbook or in the big book) and the sound and action to be incorporated.
2.        After finishing the first group of letters, you can start to blend words from this letters by using the following technique:

Show the picture (e.g. CAT),
Clapping sounds ( say the sounds and clap e.g. CAT = 3 claps)
Then count the sounds using fingers - breaking down word into a sequence of sounds
Ask the child to listen to the initial, middle and last sounds.
Blending technique: first sound loud and the others softer.

Sounds – Action – Symbol association
1.        Put the sounds and do the Action together to form word
2.        Once they get familiar with the sounds-action association, take away the sounds, just do the action and ask them blend it.
(you can play games with the above, to do the reverse, give them a word card, ask them to do the action and you guess the word etc.)

Tricky words – words that you have to learn by heart and cannot blend through the sounds. This should be introduced after the child had learnt the fourth group of letters.

Children learnt by multi-sensory, therefore some of the sounds you might want to bring in some activities e.g. the “e”, let the child crack the egg in the bowl and ask them to listen to the “e” sounds. “t” – hitting a tennis ball with a racket and they should hear the “t” sound etc.

If you think that the recommended action/story does not apply well to your culture/l child, you might want to change the action/story that suit you. Here are some of the actions that they (the aussie trainer) had changed:

H -> a boy was running and was short of breath and also sweating, he goes “h..h.h.” (Action: wiping his head)

B -> bouncing a ball

G -> gulping of water in the throat

Ng -> a strong man lifting weight or a heavy stuff, and say “ng” (Action: a lifting action)

88#
發表於 05-7-14 20:02 |只看該作者

jenniferpl,

wow........  good sharing....

hehehe......for "ng", I may teach my girl by associating it with poo poo (ng ng ).......

89#
發表於 05-7-15 10:12 |只看該作者

Hi jenniferpl & somama,

Thanks so much for your sharing and recommendations.  I am still thinking to join the training course on 30/7.  However, since I really don't know much about phonics, does the course provide info and help on how parents teach children at home?  Besides, do they teach when should we buy what level of materials during suitable time (how to justify children's learning)?

jenniferpl,

I am interested to buy the DVD and books you suggested, do you still have the discount?

Thanks.

90#
發表於 05-7-15 10:48 |只看該作者

hiuyui

PM me your address, I will send you the discount coupon by mail.

91#
發表於 05-7-15 12:04 |只看該作者

jenniferpl,

Thank you very much.  Pls check PM.

92#
發表於 05-7-16 15:41 |只看該作者

jenniferpl,

我也想去wise kids 買materials, 不過我想上完jflc 的parent training 才決定買那些.

請問可不可以借用你的 discount coupon ?  

93#
發表於 05-7-16 15:54 |只看該作者

hiuyui,

以我所知, 她們的主要對象是老師, 所以她們一定會教一些教學方法 (輔助活動及遊戲) & 一定會介紹每種material 的用法. 而家中教一定有些分別, 我想到時我也會留心這方面 or 問多些這方面的問題.

另外, 課程介紹中, 說會介紹評估進度的方法 (進度測試及管理), 我想應該没問題的.

and, 如果你對她們還没有信心, 可以上半天課, cost $390, 只學 42 sounds & actions.  下次你再覺得有需要, 再學評估 & tricky words 都未遲.  因為小朋友都未咁快學到, 自己學了也怕會忘記, 我們的年紀始終.......

hiuyui 寫道:
Hi jenniferpl & somama,

Thanks so much for your sharing and recommendations.  I am still thinking to join the training course on 30/7.  However, since I really don't know much about phonics, does the course provide info and help on how parents teach children at home?  Besides, do they teach when should we buy what level of materials during suitable time (how to justify children's learning)?

94#
發表於 05-7-17 10:59 |只看該作者

Somama

I have sent the discount coupon to hiuyui, so you may contact her for the coupon and see how you can circulate and use it. Please note that the discount offer only valid till 31 July 2005.

95#
發表於 05-7-18 10:05 |只看該作者

jenniferpl,

Received the coupon, thanks so much.

Somama,

Thank you for your sharing.  Just feel free to call me and we may go and buy the materials together so that we can share the coupon,  please check PM.

96#
發表於 05-7-18 11:13 |只看該作者

Sorry to disturb you here.

Wish to ask if you know JP will have counter at bookfair?   
Buzz.. Buzzz... Buzzing Bee Let kids read more 讓孩子多閱讀! CLICK HERE to find bookstores 去哪裡找書?? Mainland Book Indx A Mainland Book Indx B *PART 1 , PART 2* *星加坡童書收獲*由一名可笑、瘋狂、自大無比和幼稚到極名作家寫的公開信 我的回应-->P. 223 of HERE Steps to Post Image 1. Right click on the image you want to copy 2. Choose 內容 3. If the url shown in the 內容 pop-up menu is ended with 'jpg' or 'gif' (maybe other image formats will do too), it is an image url. 4. Copy the url 5. click 'IMG' of BK message menu bar, paste the url into the pop-up box 6. click 'ENTER' Then the image will be shown in your message.

97#
發表於 05-7-18 11:23 |只看該作者

Hi Gloriachung

I don't think they have. But you can try call up (the list in the first page) and see if they have it or not.

98#
發表於 05-7-19 15:20 |只看該作者

hi Gloria,

long time no see la...  have you moved??  You also have interest in JP??

99#
發表於 05-7-19 15:29 |只看該作者

Hi all mama,

我昨日終於有時間看jp dvd....... 不過....... 有d悶....... d 聲音又細, 要開到個 speaker 好大聲才勉強聽到..........

不知是否uk 野 的style, 真的一板一眼, 公仔對白又慢, 不似美式的有趣.......

但最有用的, 是真人有聲有晝的讀每一個音, 如自己没有信心 or 忘記, 都可以睇下才教.......

我現在正在plan 如果 introduce 給我的囡囡.  我想我不會由頭播到尾, 會自己先拿些card 出來, 或用一個故事做引子介紹, 最後才看dvd 做 reinforce.  

我個囡囡還細, 我可能要3 -4 日, 甚至1個星期一個sound...........  不過我只是憑空想像, 一切等我上完training 才決定, 到時可能要問下ms. li......

100#
發表於 05-7-30 10:08 |只看該作者

Hi somama,

How's going with the jp dvd?  Would you please share your experience?  Thanks.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題