用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF Tsing Yi Kindergarten 請問用家有咩評價? ...
查看: 3918|回覆: 23
go

ESF Tsing Yi Kindergarten 請問用家有咩評價? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 16-8-29 13:26 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
如題,我個仔宜家番Anfield但諗緊轉唔轉定ESF將來易啲入佢地小學,定係留喺Anfield Primary都Ok呢?我只希望個仔可以喺開心環境下學習長大,有教養(當然屋企會教)只要對學習保持興趣就得(因為有人同我講Anfield Primary學術唔得)

1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 16-8-29 16:20 |只看該作者

引用:如題,我個仔宜家番Anfield但諗緊轉唔轉定E

原帖由 ChristinaSHogan 於 16-08-29 發表
如題,我個仔宜家番Anfield但諗緊轉唔轉定ESF將來易啲入佢地小學,定係留喺Anfield Primary都Ok呢?我只希 ...
I am not sure about Anfield primary, but I think Anfield kinder's academic is still better than ESF kinder, since you talk about academic.

3#
發表於 16-8-29 16:24 |只看該作者

引用:如題,我個仔宜家番Anfield但諗緊轉唔轉定E

原帖由 ChristinaSHogan 於 16-08-29 發表
你囝仔是否考到了ESF? 如不是,可考到再考慮,因現在真的不容易考入。

4#
發表於 16-8-29 18:49 |只看該作者

回覆:ESF Tsing Yi Kindergarten 請問用家有咩評價?

I'm only going to apply for their kindergarten this year and this is merely because of their longer history. I don't see a problem with my son getting in their kindergarten to be honest because of his background...but I would like to know more about their schools before I even try

5#
發表於 16-8-30 13:50 |只看該作者

回覆:ChristinaSHogan 的帖子

May I know what kind of background he has that makes him more chance to get in esf ? Just curious and no offence

6#
發表於 16-8-30 19:26 |只看該作者
ChristinaSHogan 發表於 16-8-29 18:49
I'm only going to apply for their kindergarten this year and this is merely because of their longer  ...
If his background can also secures him a seat in ESF primary school, then of course there is no need for change. Otherwise, you have no choice. From 2017/18, with the new ESF tung Chung kinder starts feeding students to esf primary schools, the chances for students in traditional feeder schools with no other priorities will go down drastically. In fact the number may come down to zero for those primary schools in kowloon and NT

7#
發表於 16-8-30 19:40 |只看該作者
Also, I know parents in Anfield Primary. You know, the school is good, teachers are good, parents are friendly, students are happy... That said, almost every parent is trying all means to get out and go to traditional IS like ESF, ICS etc, because Anfield had no secondary school. That creates quite an odd atmosphere. Your kid sees friends leaving every year and may feel left out or even inferior. It is nobody fault but a sad reality

8#
發表於 16-8-30 20:12 |只看該作者

引用:Also,+I+know+parents+in+Anfield+Primary.

原帖由 21Ckid 於 16-08-30 發表
Also, I know parents in Anfield Primary. You know, the school is good, teachers are good, parents ar ...
My friend's kid in Anfield primary gave very good comments on it. But the sad reality also applies to other good primary IS without secondary, just like Kingston, coz its affiliates is too far away.

9#
發表於 16-8-30 21:40 |只看該作者

Sorry I didn't mean we were anything special and wasn't trying to sound arrogant but my understanding is that they do give priority to passport holders / people with English speaking background at home so I thought my son should have a higher chance to get in as he is half Australian.

10#
發表於 16-8-30 21:43 |只看該作者

Wouldn't kids from Tung Chung be going to discovery bay IS?
Anyhow I'm interested to know what the ESF schools are like in general, like whether kids are still disciplined when they are given lots of freedom? whether it is true that academically they do do very well? Do they have lots of teaching resources / facilities etc?

11#
發表於 16-8-30 22:33 |只看該作者
回覆 ChristinaSHogan 的帖子

ESF is not giving any priority to passport holder anymore.. pls refer to http://www.esf.edu.hk/policy2013#2.

12#
發表於 16-8-31 02:06 |只看該作者

回覆:lovecasey 的帖子

Would we be classified as the group of "applicants who can benefit from an English-medium education"? Hahaha

13#
發表於 16-8-31 02:36 |只看該作者
回覆 lovecasey 的帖子

In line with the Education Bureau requirements, at least 70% of the total students enrolled will qualify as ‘non-local’, defined as being holders of an overseas passport.

14#
發表於 16-8-31 08:33 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 lovecasey 於 16-8-31 08:36 編輯

----

15#
發表於 16-8-31 19:02 |只看該作者

引用:Would+we+be+classified+as+the+group+of+"

原帖由 ChristinaSHogan 於 16-08-31 發表
Would we be classified as the group of "applicants who can benefit from an English-medium education" ...
Kindergarten kids go first so if you target ESF Primary so u better get into ESF Kindies, as even kindergarten kids cannot get a chance of interview as ESF schools are always oversubscribed with siblings and nomination rights holders, kindergarten etc.

16#
發表於 16-8-31 22:23 |只看該作者

Thanks everyone, I guess I'll get a feeling of what the school is like when I join their parents tour in early Oct. My gut feeling is still my son will benefit from the nurturing environment that Anfield kindy provides ...but for the long run.....hmmm its a tough call

17#
發表於 16-9-1 10:20 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 strayteddy 於 16-9-1 10:21 編輯

Foreign passport won't help much.  There are a lot of ESF students with a "local" face and speak Cantonese but they are foreign passport holders.

18#
發表於 16-9-2 11:59 |只看該作者

回覆:ChristinaSHogan 的帖子

My daughter just graduated from TY this year, and goes to KJS now.
Regarding TY, it is true that they teach nothing "academic" compare to other local schools, it is perhaps it is an IB school, focus on inquiry based learning. The kindergarten classroom setting, curriculum, and daily routine is quite similar to what is in Year 1. Hence she is settling in Year 1 very fast.
The main class teachers I met in K1 and K2 are all very good, my daughter loves them, and they know my daughter well (can tell during parents consultation). However the Teaching Assistant in K1 was really bad, and TA in K2 kept on changing so I do not know them well. Well since they are just TA, I didn't care too much as long as teachers are good, kind, patience and caring. The school is equipped with many toys and books, and when u go into the classroom you can tell teachers really do a lot of preparation and work for the class. The bad side is, the school is really small, which some parents (like my friend) may not like it. Regarding communication, to me, it is quite adequate, coz they have weekly newsletter telling u what's going on at school and class, and teachers are responsive when u talk or email them. My daughter had very happy life in her kindergarten. I haven't experienced other kindergarten, so cannot compare, but I am already satisfy with the school as long as my daughter is happy and really has some take away what she learnt in the school year.

19#
發表於 16-9-2 12:28 |只看該作者
ChristinaSHogan 發表於 16-8-30 21:40
Sorry I didn't mean we were anything special and wasn't trying to sound arrogant  but my unde ...

Arrogant?
I am surprised this word even gets into your head.
There are more foreign passport holders in Hong Kong than you presumed.
More, being English speaking is the basic requirements of applicants.
However, being half chinese is not going to put you in a better position.
There were many caucasians even that complained they did not get admission to ESF.
Good luck.

20#
發表於 16-9-4 00:20 |只看該作者
ChristinaSHogan 發表於 16-8-29 13:26
You may take a look at the ESF WKS twitter, you will know how it's like studyiing in esf schools.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題