搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF interview for primary 1 for esf kinder students
發新帖
查看: 1274|回覆: 10
go

ESF interview for primary 1 for esf kinder students [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 16-5-3 22:05 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I heard the interviews are held in the esf kinder campus (instead of in the primary school they apply), and those in the same class and applying the same school will be grouped together. Is that true?
   2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 16-5-4 00:06 |只看該作者

回覆:hong0706 的帖子

Interview is held in primary school campus.  Kids is grouped if possible with their friends -  to feel less stressful under new environment.  Having said that most of candidates r from ESF kinder,  it is easier to group ESF kids with their buddies / classmates.

3#
發表於 16-5-4 01:19 |只看該作者
hong0706 發表於 16-5-3 22:05
I heard the interviews are held in the esf kinder campus (instead of in the primary school they appl ...
The interviews are held at the primary schools. However the primary school teachers do visit the kindergartens before the interviews to observe the children during a normal school day. How much weight this pre-interview observation carries I don't know, but I would say it is an important step of the selection process otherwise the primary schools would not waste their time to do it. The date of the visit is kept secret though.

4#
發表於 16-5-4 11:56 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:hong0706+發表於+16-5-3+22:05+I+hea

原帖由 FattyDaddy 於 16-05-04 發表
The interviews are held at the primary schools. However the primary school teachers do visit the kin ...
If ESF not telling when will be primary school visit, how about the kid is absent or taking sick leave? Will ESF school arrange second visit?

5#
發表於 16-5-4 12:24 |只看該作者
回覆 little-pig-pig 的帖子

they do have kindergarten visit but is not really an official visit or take a little part of the assessment. the big part is still on the primary school interview. and i think they will cross reference from the kindy teachers for any concerns on students to make sure they have got the whole picture.

6#
發表於 16-5-4 14:41 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+little-pig-pig+的帖子 they+do+have

原帖由 lovecasey 於 16-05-04 發表
回覆 little-pig-pig 的帖子

they do have kindergarten visit but is not really an official visit or t ...
That's true. During Year 1 interview, parents have to talk to the principal/teachers, and I found that they did talk to teachers before, during their visit to the kindergarten.

7#
發表於 16-5-4 14:48 |只看該作者

回覆:little-pig-pig 的帖子

本帖最後由 chumiguan 於 16-5-4 14:59 編輯

(duplicated and delete answer)

8#
發表於 16-5-4 14:53 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:原帖由+FattyDaddy+於+16-05-04+發表

本帖最後由 chumiguan 於 16-5-4 14:59 編輯
原帖由 little-pig-pig 於 16-05-04 發表
If ESF not telling when will be primary school visit, how about the kid is absent or taking sick lea ...

They won't arrange another visit. From my child's description, and other parents of the class, teachers from primary schools had visited them in late Nov early Dec. Some parents said teachers talked to their kids. But my child said no one talked to her. I doubt, as she is quite shy and doesn't like to talk to strangers.

9#
發表於 16-5-4 17:34 |只看該作者
Many thanks for all the responses.

Does anyone know the results of this year's TY kinder students? Does everyone get interview chance for the foundation schools?

10#
發表於 16-5-4 17:35 |只看該作者
little-pig-pig 發表於 16-5-4 11:56
If ESF not telling when will be primary school visit, how about the kid is absent or taking sick lea ...
Good question. If I remember correctly, the Principal did send out a letter informing parents that the primary school teachers would be visiting 'in the next three weeks on various days' and urged children not to be absent during that period. Like I said, this pre-interview visit carries some weight otherwise they wouldn't bother to do it, but obviously it is only secondary to the interview itself which is the determining factor.

11#
發表於 16-5-4 18:37 |只看該作者

回覆:ESF interview for primary 1 for esf kinder students

For those children required 2nd round interview, the teachers in Primary school will go to the kindergarten again (before 2nd round interview). In fact, the parents also welcomed to present the child's report to ESF Primary school teacher during interview. Actually this is noted on the invitation e-mail for interview.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題