搜索
教育王國 討論區 拔萃女小學 女拔是否平民免問有冇成功家庭分享面試經驗 ...
樓主: iris3816
go

女拔是否平民免問有冇成功家庭分享面試經驗 [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 05-6-9 00:26 |只看該作者

Re: 女拔是否平民免問有冇成功家庭分享面試經驗

Top schools eg DPS, Maryknoll, La Salle, St Mary.... No $$$$ and yet the standard is about the same as DGJS bor.... what i mean is, on average, the standard of these schools are really about the same. I don't see a big gap between these government aided schools and private DGJS....  to be honest my friends from DGJS/DGS are about the same standard as the said top schools in terms of academic and confidence. Of course there are few really brilliant students in each school, and all schools have less able students as well....
how about other parents?

102#
發表於 05-6-9 10:28 |只看該作者

navigator & hellohoo,

Totally agree with you! As 平民 parents, we have been helping DGJS to promote the school through media by lining up for the application forms each year. For those who are interested to apply in the future, please review your own background first in order to save your precious time.

I know two girls who are accepted by DGJS this year. Both have similar background: parents are university graduated (both mums are MBA), mum is full time housewife, father is senior executive in big corporation, Jockey Club member, rich and famous family background, with two or three maids and driver, lives in luxury residential area...  One parent told me that she was surprised that her daughter was accepted by DGJS as her performance during the interview is bad.

navigator wrote:
我心目中一所真正的名校應該是有教無類的,學校本身就有本事把一個平庸的孩子教育自行提升至優秀;並不是把主要教育的責任推給家長方面去催谷或學校大力催谷學生而使學生變為優秀的辦法,然後才打上名校的牌子。

navigator, you are absolutely right! This is exactly the right attitude a famous school should have.

103#
發表於 05-6-9 10:40 |只看該作者

IT04,
Thks for yr sharing.
This is the fact.
But evey year, many parents still get hope and dream in entering the school, so queue is still long and the ratio is still high.

104#
發表於 05-6-9 10:45 |只看該作者

IT04 寫道:
navigator & hellohoo,

Totally agree with you! As 平民 parents, we have been helping DGJS to promote the school through media by lining up for the application forms each year. For those who are interested to apply in the future, please review your own background first in order to save your precious time.

navigator wrote:
我心目中一所真正的名校應該是有教無類的,學校本身就有本事把一個平庸的孩子教育自行提升至優秀;並不是把主要教育的責任推給家長方面去催谷或學校大力催谷學生而使學生變為優秀的辦法,然後才打上名校的牌子。

navigator, you are absolutely right! This is exactly the right attitude a famous school should have.

Yes, 100% agree.  DGJS or DBPD choose kids who have very good family background with parents who can teach the kids very well already by themselves or by private tutors.  Those kids usually can speak very good English already before going into the schools.  If the students cannot perform, the schools will ask them to leave.

As navigator said, 真正的名校應該是有教無類的, so are Maryknoll and La Salle belong to this?

105#
發表於 05-6-9 11:41 |只看該作者

唔好意思!初哥發問:
請問女拔應是津校,自行報名投考是在哪個階段??
我叫伯謙 - 媽咪叫我Bebe,我係2003年10月23日出世,依家有28磅、89cm高、啱啱2歲啦!! ***** Singapore trip ******* SINGAPORE TRIP PHOTO - LOT 2

106#
發表於 05-6-9 11:44 |只看該作者

As navigator said, 真正的名校應該是有教無類的, so are Maryknoll and La Salle belong to this?

非常早期香港的 "名校" 可能真的是有教無類, 但那時可送子女上學的父母, 相信也是經濟較佳或是重視子女教育的, 這樣的家庭背景, 大抵也比較容易打造出成就較高的子女. 但隨著教育的普及, 傳統名校名聲也建立了以後, 誰說他們仍是 "有教無類"!
在校長分未取消前, 對大多數學生而言, 那10分其實才是真正取錄關鍵. 取錄標準是什麼? 真的有人相信短短10分鐘的面試時間可選一個最 "Smart Boy/Girl" 出來!(不談少數例子) 在一般情況下, 挑選什麼樣家庭背景的小朋友最有"收生保證"? 答案顯而易見.
Maryknoll and La Salle 他們不想擁有收生權嗎? 非也, 只不過更改不了遊戲規則, 又要遵從教區政策...
傳統津貼名校沒有了收生權, 學生素質會下降嗎? 還是相信 "學校本身就有本事把一個平庸的孩子教育自行提升至優秀"?
官、津學校在自行收生階段, 若申請人數超過學額, 則按計分分數高低取錄, 若計分後, 同分者人數仍多於可提供之學額, 則可由教署或學校自行 "抽籤" 決定, 由學校抽籤時便可有一些 "學問" 了, 信耶?  

107#
發表於 05-6-9 16:12 |只看該作者

hi TWMa,
由學校抽籤時便可有一些 "學問" 了, 信耶?

:idea:

108#
發表於 05-6-10 17:32 |只看該作者

109#
發表於 05-6-12 13:17 |只看該作者

我也分析過校長此舉的動機。我認為:為了顯示女小拔的學位是非常矜貴的,『一個也不能少』的方針;對她來講,這種動作並不是『無謂』或沒事找事去做。試想一下,她親自挑選的學生,絕大部份都會是那些『達官貴人』之後,換句話來講,這些『達官貴人』也就是她的『老細』。做些事情給『老細』們看看,間接地『証明』其後是她從2千多名女孩中千挑萬選出來最棒的女孩,引導『老細』們去明白到其後是『聰明絕鼎』的,『老細』們自然就會甜在心頭。此外,2千多名『投考失敗』的女孩變向成為為女小拔造勢的工具,校長也要意思意思一下呀!同意我的看法嗎?

110#
發表於 05-6-12 20:04 |只看該作者

何以見得?

navigator 寫道:
我也分析過校長此舉的動機。我認為:為了顯示女小拔的學位是非常矜貴的,『一個也不能少』的方針;對她來講,這種動作並不是『無謂』或沒事找事去做。試想一下,她親自挑選的學生,絕大部份都會是那些『達官貴人』之後,換句話來講,這些『達官貴人』也就是她的『老細』。做些事情給『老細』們看看,間接地『証明』其後是她從2千多名女孩中千挑萬選出來最棒的女孩,引導『老細』們去明白到其後是『聰明絕鼎』的,『老細』們自然就會甜在心頭。此外,2千多名『投考失敗』的女孩變向成為為女小拔造勢的工具,校長也要意思意思一下呀!同意我的看法嗎?

111#
發表於 05-6-12 23:07 |只看該作者

yuma,
     我明白坦白的寫出我這段對於女小拔校長的看法很可能會冒犯了一些與我不同見解的人仕,特別是那些人絕對相信校長絕對是單憑一個女孩的個人知識能力與智慧的表現就能決定是否取錄。如果是這樣,我表示歉意。然而香港是一個言論自由的地方,每個人都有權表達自已的見解,因此也請這些人包容我的聲音。我們在此也只不過是分享一些經歷和看法,個人的感受將決定對或錯,所以是對是錯都不是絕對的。諸位也毋須太過認真迫求認同。
       寫出這段對於女小拔校長的看法是基於我看到有些網友說她一直在『做戲』,明明早就先決了收哪個女孩,還要堅持親自用幾分鐘的時間『面試』每一位投考者,即是2千多位投考者都會被約見的做法。我覺得這些網友說得很有POINT!試想一下:在不用考這個考那個的情況下,更不需要用英語答問,在那短短的幾分鐘的接見她就能把最棒兼素未謀面的女孩挑出來,有可能嗎?!我想褓呔曾都未必有這個本事。此外,我也相信這世界是有一些天資特別聰穎的女孩,但這些是萬中無一的『高手』不易遇到的!她要接見1萬人以上才有機會碰到幾個,然而她每次只接見了2千多位投考生而已。順便一提的是作為一間自由收生的私校,她卻要求每個投考者都要提交一份『地址証明』,很明顯這是用來評估家長的『實力』罷了。假如是實行統一派位的官校或津貼學校,需要提交『地址証明』是理所當然的,因為這是地區擇校的規則。
        最後我要說的是:我對女小拔真實的收生準則並沒有任何意見。正譬如每個女人都有她自已的擇偶條件;如果她一心要嫁給一個有錢人,就應坦率地把立場向不合適的欲追求者說清楚,毋須虛偽,這也不過是一件很正常的事,特別是在這個追求功利的社會,大部份人是能夠明白而知難而退的。沒有必要以持追求者名單的眾多向真命天子顯示自己的矜貴呀!
Rgds,
navigator

何以見得?

112#
發表於 05-6-12 23:22 |只看該作者

navigator,

我個人很同意你的見解!

113#
發表於 05-6-13 00:51 |只看該作者

114#
發表於 05-6-15 15:50 |只看該作者

我見到一位成功投巧大家心目中 dream school 既人,佢現正等待叩門入一間津校,如津校一收,佢就會放棄女拔.

115#
發表於 05-6-15 16:19 |只看該作者

Mrssslui 寫道:
我見到一位成功投巧大家心目中 dream school 既人,佢現正等待叩門入一間津校,如津校一收,佢就會放棄女拔.

Really?  Just wonder why they apply for DGJS and then want to drop it?  Which 津校 they like instead?

Personally I think that getting into DGJS is mostly due to parents' background rather than the kids' ability, so success in DGJS does not mean that the kids are very intelligent or smart.  However, if the girls can apply DGS secondary successfully, I would think that the girls are really smart as they need to get in with their own results and abilities.

116#
發表於 05-6-15 16:47 |只看該作者

DGS for her only as a backup.
She may afraid of her girl's ability.
She's still waiting a subsiz school in Central district, of course, this school cannot compare with DGS.
It's true.

117#
發表於 05-6-15 18:41 |只看該作者

I cannot agree with you.  
I don't think girls from DGS are more snobbish than girls from other famous schools such as Maryknoll and St. Paul's.  All schools have some snobbish students.  Maybe you encounter girls from DGS that are snobbish, but you cannot make that judgement, saying that DGS girls are not welcomed in groups.  That's not true!!!

I have friends from DGS and they are as popular among our social circle as girls from other schools.

118#
發表於 05-6-16 00:50 |只看該作者

I also agree with BoBoCute.
hellohoo's comment about DGS girls being 'usually not very welcomed in groups and they always like to stick together with other DGS girls or DBS boys' is very biased.  這些批評並沒有客觀理據支持,單靠主觀感覺,對DGS學生不公平.

119#
發表於 05-6-17 00:03 |只看該作者

agree
i give up the interview!

120#
發表於 05-6-17 17:33 |只看該作者

navigator

I completely agree with you. If we think we are not that RICH, don't waste our time.  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題