搜索
教育王國 討論區 拔萃女小學 女拔是否平民免問有冇成功家庭分享面試經驗 ...
樓主: iris3816
go

女拔是否平民免問有冇成功家庭分享面試經驗 [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 05-6-1 16:18 |只看該作者

Re: 女拔是否平民免問有冇成功家庭分享面試經驗

I know a girl in DGJS whose father open a small shop and mother is a housewife.

The girl is not that smart and failed in most subjects including art.  The girl is getting very very unhappy.  After P6, she cannot go back to DGS.  In Form 1, she becomes very happy and get very good result.  Her mother wants her to get back to DGS. She does get admitted but the girl resist because of the bad experience.

82#
發表於 05-6-1 16:24 |只看該作者

I always believe that DGS will consider parents ' background and network significantly when interviewing the girls. If parents are professional, e.g. doctors and etc, the easier for entering DGS.

83#
發表於 05-6-1 16:34 |只看該作者

Good family background cld push & remedy their girls both in acedamic & extra-circuu act.
Although the girl is not too smart, the prof parents cld invest much much money in finding teachers to them the kids.
j-ma-ma 寫道:
I know a girl in DGJS whose father open a small shop and mother is a housewife.

The girl is not that smart and failed in most subjects including art.  The girl is getting very very unhappy.  After P6, she cannot go back to DGS.  In Form 1, she becomes very happy and get very good result.  Her mother wants her to get back to DGS. She does get admitted but the girl resist because of the bad experience.

84#
發表於 05-6-1 17:20 |只看該作者

每年有幾多舊生的女兒被收?沒統計,但好像少有失拖。別忘記還有教會的額,所以,沒甚麼先決條件而又被校長垂青也不是容易啦。我姐姐當年是派入去女拔的,她是以全香港小學第一名入架。好多年前啦。佢講校監搵佢幫個女補英文。哈哈...校監個女當然係直入架啦。

85#
發表於 05-6-2 09:47 |只看該作者

咁你姐姐有女嗎?
佢個女又有冇機會直入呢??
flowerglassy 寫道:
每年有幾多舊生的女兒被收?沒統計,但好像少有失拖。別忘記還有教會的額,所以,沒甚麼先決條件而又被校長垂青也不是容易啦。我姐姐當年是派入去女拔的,她是以全香港小學第一名入架。好多年前啦。佢講校監搵佢幫個女補英文。哈哈...校監個女當然係直入架啦。

86#
發表於 05-6-2 10:34 |只看該作者

記憶所及香港小學從來沒有排名試,就算升中試年代也沒有把個別學生排名。     

我姐姐當年是派入去女拔的,她是以全香港小學第一名入架。

87#
發表於 05-6-2 10:46 |只看該作者

flowerglassy 寫道:
請恕我無知,當我經過了女小拔的面試經驗,我知道所謂choose the best只是個神話。請問,誰能保証舊生、名人子女、名人推薦的一定是the best?而這些人的女兒可以說是差不多必收的。或者大家聽到這個學校名字,就必然認為他們代表the best,連校長也如神仙能看穿別人的智能吧。還有,有人認為女拔中學會差過小學因為有人派入去。哈哈,這人對女拔收生究竟了解過嗎?女拔從派位收回來的,都是每間學校最top個d,真正好成績是女拔,不是女小拔啊。請不要再神話化選生啦。我只相信,校長的個人感覺、幼稚園、推薦、舊生等才是入這所小學的重點。唔好為此去催谷自已的女兒。如果無背景,香港還有很多好學校,或者去考基督堂囉,機會幾好架。 :

去看看DGS的學生,你會發覺最TOP的兩班大大部份是DGJS上去的。她們英文分開6小班教,最TOP的兩班也必定是DGJS舊生的天下。派位入去的平均來說只可佔據中下游位置。

不是把她神話化,但她們最TOP的那班學生的水準真的是精英大師超晒班,無得拗的。現在她們是直資,連派位都不參加,可以挑選真正最佳的學生,可見DGS只會繼續上,"The only way is up."

88#
發表於 05-6-2 13:25 |只看該作者

:idea:

89#
發表於 05-6-3 00:12 |只看該作者

It's arguable whether it's a good way to label 'top & bottom classes'. If your girl is smart enough to be in one of these 2 classes, then of course it's happy. Parents are proud of them too. But if your girl is being labelled in 'bottom classes', then it may cause your girl to be pressurised and not happy.

I met a lot of distinguished DGS girls who have high standard of english and excellent academic result, and they all are very confident in themselves and considered to be the very best quality, but on the other hand, i also met a no. of DGS girls who are average, not distinguished students, and just like other non distinguished students in other schools.

When i was young, I always think that all DGS girls must be very smart, because friends i knew from DGS are very very smart, until later i found out that they (3 of them) were winners of  the 'best all-rounder prize' of their year. (ie No.1). No wonder they were smart!
Until I went to secondary schools and met a number of DGS girls through interschool activities that i realised they were just as normal as other prestigious schools students, both with smarter and not so smart students, with perfect english and so-so english.

what i want to say is that not every girl who study in DGS must become a student with top english and As student. It's just that DGS can provide a better educated environment to act as first step towards attaining higher standard. Parents still have to nurture their kids throughout. Even if your kid cannot enter DGJS/DGS doesn't mean that your kid is not smart, I know girls who got admitted to DGJS & DGS via interview but chose to study in other school!(and they were only considered as being "slightly above average" result  in their own school!!)

90#
發表於 05-6-3 00:37 |只看該作者

kissie 寫道:
It's arguable whether it's a good way to label 'top & bottom classes'. If your girl is smart enough to be in one of these 2 classes, then of course it's happy. Parents are proud of them too. But if your girl is being labelled in 'bottom classes', then it may cause your girl to be pressurised and not happy.

I met a lot of distinguished DGS girls who have high standard of english and excellent academic result, and they all are very confident in themselves and considered to be the very best quality, but on the other hand, i also met a no. of DGS girls who are average, not distinguished students, and just like other non distinguished students in other schools.

When i was young, I always think that all DGS girls must be very smart, because friends i knew from DGS are very very smart, until later i found out that they (3 of them) were winners of  the 'best all-rounder prize' of their year. (ie No.1). No wonder they were smart!
Until I went to secondary schools and met a number of DGS girls through interschool activities that i realised they were just as normal as other prestigious schools students, both with smarter and not so smart students, with perfect english and so-so english.

what i want to say is that not every girl who study in DGS must become a student with top english and As student. It's just that DGS can provide a better educated environment to act as first step towards attaining higher standard. Parents still have to nurture their kids throughout. Even if your kid cannot enter DGJS/DGS doesn't mean that your kid is not smart, I know girls who got admitted to DGJS & DGS via interview but chose to study in other school!(and they were only considered as being "slightly above average" result  in their own school!!)

I agree with you that DGS has the best and the brightest but also average students.  This is a forum concerning primary schools.  One of the users pointed out that DGS is the top school but DGJS is not.  I used the fact that the top students in DGS are in fact from DGJS to prove how good DGJS is.  Even though DGS can get the top students from other schools through the lottery, DGJS alumni are still better than them.

I also agree that the success of DGJS or DGS owes a lot to the parents.  If you're going to work 16 hours a day and let your kid spend most of her time with the Filipino maid and the tutor, your girl will have a hard time catching up in school.

91#
發表於 05-6-3 10:32 |只看該作者

首先, 恭喜你有個"全香港小學第一名"的姐姐, 真令人羡慕和景仰.

但記憶中, 香港從來都沒有小學生排名, 請問你怎麼知道你姐姐是"全香港小學第一名"???   

flowerglassy 寫道:
我姐姐當年是派入去女拔的,她是以全香港小學第一名入架。好多年前啦。

92#
發表於 05-6-3 10:47 |只看該作者

其實每間名校都有好 top 好 top 既 student & average student. Nothing special w DGS if they got average student.

93#
發表於 05-6-3 12:54 |只看該作者

根據我長時間的調查了解和所見所聞,再加上親身的經驗,我認為女小拔的確是『平民』免問的。回想起當初的天真,不理會人家的『勸喻』,心存幻想女兒能夠有機會進入這所名校入讀,正如有些網友強調『試一試』也比『不去試』好的心態,現在覺得真有點被『愚弄』了,成為了免費為女小拔宣傳造勢的角色了。因此各位家長欲投考此校前,先要搞清楚本身的背景及條件是否合符女小拔的『基本要求』。很簡單,舉個例子:假如要求應徵者第一個條件就是必須是大學畢業的,如沒有此資格,就毋須浪費時間去試了。我覺得現在的女小拔有點虛偽和非常現實,表面上是口口聲聲歡迎社會上各階層的人士去投考,擺出一個有教無類,挑選精英的姿態。查實是有教有類的,甚麽在基督教義上的仁愛包容精神等,我實在感受不到。女小拔就是沒有明刀明槍地說明其收生要求,這使每年都有2千多位的家長貿然排隊拿表申請入讀,媒體也爭相報導。然而成功取錄的女孩只有5%左右。95%的投考者都是失敗的!這5%的女孩不表示就是最棒的;95%的失敗者也不是代表不棒。我認為實際上這5%及95%女孩的短短幾分鐘面試表現應該都是差不多的,校長除了看申請表外,不會再詳細查閱其他文件,也不會問問一些學術上的問題。這顯然校長是要看其他的『準則』來挑選學生了。依我觀察,女小拔要看下列次序各項作為收生標準:
- 家庭背景及父毋的職業。名人之後、父毋為專業或高級行政人士、學者教師、大機構的高級文職人士或高級公務員、母為女拔舊生、有錢人等。我相信這些人士就是在那2千多份的申請表的社會階層中所佔的5%了。
- 就讀在那些名幼稚園。例如:SC, CCKG等。
- 全職的母親。假如雙方都是在職的,是否仍然都十分關注女兒的教育問題並有能力請他人代勞。假如校長看見你時感覺不出來這種特性,你一定會失敗!
- 居住地區及環境。假如住在太遠、公營房屋、貧民舊區等,肯定失分不少。相反則有利!
- 投考者表現得很卓越,但這卻不容易在這短短幾分中的會面中就能遇到的。
- 『大女』,因為相比起『細女』她們的談吐一般都表現得比較成熟。
- 其他因素。
我心目中一所真正的名校應該是有教無類的,學校本身就有本事把一個平庸的孩子教育自行提升至優秀;並不是把主要教育的責任推給家長方面去催谷或學校大力催谷學生而使學生變為優秀的辦法,然後才打上名校的牌子。我很希望大家能夠反思這個問題。最後,我祝願欲投考女小拔的家長成功。當然在出動前,宜先衡量一下上述的情况,看看本身是否已具備了基本的條件了;假如每個家長都不盲撞,我相信排隊拿表的人只會了了可數罷了,因為畢境屬於在此社會地位的人士只有少數。此外,我要申明的是:上述見解純綷是我個人對女小拔的觀感而已。我仍然應同女小拔是一所好學校。

94#
發表於 05-6-3 13:17 |只看該作者

flowerglassy 寫道:
請恕我無知,當我經過了女小拔的面試經驗,我知道所謂choose the best只是個神話。請問,誰能保証舊生、名人子女、名人推薦的一定是the best?而這些人的女兒可以說是差不多必收的。或者大家聽到這個學校名字,就必然認為他們代表the best,連校長也如神仙能看穿別人的智能吧。還有,有人認為女拔中學會差過小學因為有人派入去。哈哈,這人對女拔收生究竟了解過嗎?女拔從派位收回來的,都是每間學校最top個d,真正好成績是女拔,不是女小拔啊。請不要再神話化選生啦。我只相信,校長的個人感覺、幼稚園、推薦、舊生等才是入這所小學的重點。唔好為此去催谷自已的女兒。如果無背景,香港還有很多好學校,或者去考基督堂囉,機會幾好架。 :

校長都好努力應酬我地架啦,起碼佢見足晒你/我地,個個都有三分鐘架    佢都好慘架,日日in,in足個幾月,唔in既話,又話人地睇都唔睇,真係兩面做人難呀

95#
發表於 05-6-3 13:24 |只看該作者

I totally agree w u.
我所認識的那一位絕對係第一組人士.
佢地簡直一早已經坐定定等入女拔啦!我見佢都冇寄望首輪派位既.

96#
發表於 05-6-3 13:25 |只看該作者

你講得啱,佢交足功課,做戲做全套.
Sindy 寫道:
[quote]
flowerglassy 寫道:

校長都好努力應酬我地架啦,起碼佢見足晒你/我地,個個都有三分鐘架    佢都好慘架,日日in,in足個幾月,唔in既話,又話人地睇都唔睇,真係兩面做人難呀 [/quote]

97#
發表於 05-6-3 13:30 |只看該作者

AGREED

影后 !

Msma

98#
發表於 05-6-3 16:53 |只看該作者

:idea:

99#
發表於 05-6-6 13:48 |只看該作者

to all parents, just wondering,
if you girl got accepted by DGJS, and  also got accepted by those top government schools, how will you choose?
just being curious on how others will choose.

100#
發表於 05-6-8 23:04 |只看該作者

Kissie,

If the girl can match with DGJS culture, I will take DGJS

kissie 寫道:
to all parents, just wondering,
if you girl got accepted by DGJS, and  also got accepted by those top government schools, how will you choose?
just being curious on how others will choose.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題