教育王國 討論區 海外留學 英國boarding school for girls
發新帖
查看: 1576|回覆: 8
go

英國boarding school for girls [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 16-2-26 14:25 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印

有居英權準備帶女兒去settle in.
佢去讀private or state boarding school year 8/9. 剛開始準備請指教!

請問有那些比較好or popular or d華人? Thanks a lot.

4    0    0    0

2#
發表於 16-2-27 09:43 |只看該作者
回覆 Bunnygirl 的帖子

Are you going to stay in UK yourself or would it be only your daughter staying in UK?  In the case of the former, I would suggest you to look for schools where the percentage of boarders among students is high.

Also, how is the academic standard of your daughter?

3#
發表於 16-2-27 09:49 |只看該作者
Hopefulmom 發表於 16-2-27 09:43
回覆 Bunnygirl 的帖子

Are you going to stay in UK yourself or would it be only your daughter stayin ...
Sorry, I mean in the case of the latter.

4#
發表於 16-3-1 11:52 |只看該作者
回覆 Hopefulmom 的帖子

Thanks very much!

I will go to the UK also but i will work from London while prefer to stay in the boarding school in the rural area.  I am thinking on town like Kent/ Brighten/ Bath.  I will work in London for a couple years before she can fully adjusted to the local life.   

5#
發表於 16-3-1 12:12 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+Hopefulmom+的帖子 Thanks+very+much

原帖由 Bunnygirl 於 16-03-01 發表
回覆 Hopefulmom 的帖子

Thanks very much!
如果你也在英國一齊生活,可以不用揀boarding school

Kent多名校,天氣也溫暖,Charles dickens私校在Broadstairs,你可以考慮

https://www.facebook.com/thekentishwife/

6#
發表於 16-3-1 12:23 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+Hopefulmom+的帖子 Thanks+very+much

回覆 Hopefulmom 的帖子

Thanks very much!
If Kent is one of your preferred areas, you might wish to take a look at Benenden.  It is highly sought after by local families and your have to register years in advance.

7#
發表於 16-3-1 12:24 |只看該作者

昨天閱讀網上報紙,提及Moreton Hall School (女校)

PUBLISHED: February 28, 2016 07:59 LASTUPDATED: February 28, 2016 09:02

Shropshire's Selina gets best UKexam mark

Student Selina Schoelles has the worldin her hands – after achieving the best geography exam mark in Britain.

Not just that, but she managed to achieve98 per cent despite the fire alarm going off halfway through the exam.

The teenager, from Neen Sollars in southShropshire, boasted the highest GCSE mark throughout the UK.

Now she has been recognised by the RoyalGeographical Society for her achievement with an Excellence Award.

Selina, 17, a pupil at Moreton Hall School,near Oswestry, said news of her first place came out of the blue.

“I couldn’t believe it. I was in shock,”she said. “We sit our exams in the school hall and halfway through geographythe fire alarm went off. We must have been outside for about five minutesbefore we were told it was a false alarm and we could go back to our desks.”

Despite her result, Selina did not choosegeography as one of her A-level subjects, choosing history, English and ancientGreek instead.

8#
發表於 16-3-1 12:53 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Bunnygirl 於 16-3-1 12:56 編輯

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Actually i will just stay in London for a couple years (maybe 2-3 years) and will leave eventaully so would prefer she studies in boarding school.  however if there's good local school (private/ public) will also consider.  but that means she needs to change school after i leave.

I was in London before but not familiar with the schooling as i was there for work.  for the places that you have mention e.g.  Broadstairs, any school recommended?  i have no preference for co-ed or girl school.  Thanks a lot!

Thanks for introducing Beneden.  I will take a look.  Would like to know why it is so popular?  Many thanks!

9#
發表於 16-3-1 15:03 |只看該作者

引用:+本帖最後由+Bunnygirl+於+16-3-1+12:56+編

本帖最後由 Bunnygirl 於 16-3-1 12:56 編輯

Thanks for all the suggestions!
I guess one of the reasons for the popularity of Benenden is it is a full boarding school (ie all the students are boarding).  It is one of the not-so-many full boarding girls' school in UK.  Its academic standard is good, and is heard to be also good in pastoral care.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題