樓主: wwcuy
go

CAIS VS ICS ( 中學部) [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 16-3-9 17:27 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:原帖由+happyhealthymin+於+16-03-09

原帖由 gigilanlan 於 16-03-09 發表
不客氣,大家分享一下:)

我所提及到的英文表達能力,以我觀察了好幾年的CAIS初小/中小/高小/中學生,他 ...
真心感謝你的無私分享。

22#
發表於 16-3-9 23:49 |只看該作者

回覆:CAIS VS ICS ( 中學部)

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

23#
發表於 16-3-9 23:52 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:原帖由+happyhealthymin+於+16-03-09

原帖由 gigilanlan 於 16-03-09 發表
不客氣,大家分享一下:)

我所提及到的英文表達能力,以我觀察了好幾年的CAIS初小/中小/高小/中學生,他 ...
請容我這街外人說幾句:不知是你要求太高,還是自己要求太低。自家兩個孩子游走過幾間不同學校也接觸過不少老師與學生。每個人或來自不同背景不同國家,口音自然不一樣,亦不會人人也是所謂標準口音,本身冇留意亦不在意,一直認為現實就應是這樣。教育不只是口才培訓,能言善道字正腔圓固然理想,但不竟每一個人能達此境界。能溝通無礙學習,學業上,寫似乎比口音是否纯正更重要。能掌握閱讀及寫作的能力,說的深度自會漸漸提升。見過部份能侃侃而談的學生,學業上也不一定出色。當然,如因本地學生比例太高出現廣東語文化入侵影響學校語境,會是一個無法避免但令人頭痛的問題。但學校應有一定language policy,你形容的情況或許只是放大了些?

24#
發表於 16-3-10 01:04 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:原帖由+gigilanlan+於+16-03-09+發表

25#
發表於 16-3-10 01:55 |只看該作者

26#
發表於 16-3-10 07:56 |只看該作者

回覆:gigilanlan 的帖子

雖然我個小朋友不是在Cais 讀不過我相信同認同你的港式英文說法,因為我小朋友讀個間ESF 都有發生,不過我相信通常只發生在初小之後自然會改善此終係香港好正常

27#
發表於 16-3-10 08:20 |只看該作者

引用:繼續..... 有些家長問到我看見這情況擔心嗎

原帖由 gigilanlan 於 16-03-10 發表
繼續.....
有些家長問到我看見這情況擔心嗎?説實話,有擔心,但我控制不到的情況之下,唯有自己家庭努力點 ...
純粹討論一下,無意否定任可能性。孩子讀幼稚園時,一直發覺某部份家長的心態是獲取錄後,學校會解決一切英語能力問題,自動升呢,回復100%港式生活,在家說廣東話,看粤語配音卡通片,晚飯時間和父母起看大台劇集,加上沒有兄弟姊妹。如只屬少數,在學校情況最壞是這類英語程度停滯不前,慢慢下沉而不自知。但如心比例太高,的確是對學校整個生態有負面影響。

28#
發表於 16-3-10 08:43 |只看該作者

我跟兩個小朋友在家都是說廣東話,因怕他們中文不好,我發覺他們會自己調節,初小時是會有些古怪口音,現在他們大了,英文就慢慢變了老師的美加口音。

29#
發表於 16-3-10 09:49 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 random_dad 於 16-3-10 09:57 編輯

For CAIS, in terms of academic performance, it's definitely not as competitive as other schools.  I think there are several factors though that affect it beyond the expectations and requirements of the schools and teachers.  For one, in many cases for each school it's a self fulling prophecy that parents of an academically strong child will choose a school that has a reputation of high academic standards, and vice versa, and so strong schools stay strong, and weak schools stay weak.  This happens in both LS and IS.  As a whole, parents of students who enroll at CAIS don't choose the school for academic performance only, and prioritize teaching methods and values, and lower stress, and as such would choose CAIS over another school based on their reputation.  This leads to a body of students where their base academic performance may not all be high achievers.

Should CAIS do more to bring up their "standards"?  As a parent that have children in both campuses, my feeling is probably.  But I've seen that happening already, as the expectations of the teachers have increased at the same grade level over the last few years.  I would have no problems expecting more from them so long as their teaching methods don't evolve to be a more force-fed style.

At the end of the day though, I only focus on the performance of my own children, and not of others in the school.  How the school as a whole in academic performance matters very little to me; how the school teaches, their methodology, their values, and their compassion towards others matters far more to me, because it's easy for me to supplement the academics outside of school if my goal was to advance them in academics.

As for their English standards, based on my observations, at the lower grades (Lai Yiu) there are many kids where their spoken English does have some sort of an "accent".  The severity and incidences that happen at the Kowloon City campus are far fewer, in my opinion.  The funny thing I've noticed is that kids will imitate their peers, and adjust accordingly in order to fit in.  When amongst their peers, even my kids, who are foreign-born Chinese, have lived overseas before, and are native English speakers of an English speaking household, will speak with an accent to each other, but will immediately speak fluent accent-less English to myself or other native English speakers.  It's as if they are assessing their audience and then choose to mimic them.  While my fluent English-speaking kids will speak with an accent with their friends, the flip side is that their friends will also to talk to me without the accent (or severely reduced) that they so often use when among themselves, perhaps knowing that I am an English speaker.  As an anecdotal observation, I was at the KC playground after school for over an hour earlier on this week after school during tryouts, and did not notice much of the "accent" that is being referred to.

In terms of the depth of English, I haven't noticed whether they were particularly weak or strong.  I think that by observing their speech, it's not indicative of the depth, unless you were in an in-depth discussion with them.  What I can say is that I've not noticed any issues with their ability to express themselves that is appropriate for their age group, including having observed them on day-long outings as a parent volunteer.

This is but one parent's observations and views.  It's offered for free, so take it for what it's worth.  :)

30#
發表於 16-3-10 22:41 |只看該作者

31#
發表於 16-3-11 13:51 |只看該作者
請問讀CAIS要俾Debenture嗎?

32#
發表於 16-3-11 18:33 |只看該作者

引用:請問讀CAIS要俾Debenture嗎?

原帖由 Karenauyeun 於 16-03-11 發表
請問讀CAIS要俾Debenture嗎?
Yes. Around $400k. Can take back without interest after graduation

33#
發表於 16-3-11 18:37 |只看該作者

回覆:ritz_ng 的帖子

I don't know other's view. My reason to pick CAIS actually it's because the teaching pace and context are appropriate at the age. Our family's belief is not too emphasise on academic training so that room is allowed for other sort of development.

34#
發表於 16-4-25 10:14 |只看該作者
ICS行美制不是行IB,會唔會因為咁,會比較多Y7 Y8 ICS學生轉走去其他IB學校?

35#
發表於 16-4-25 15:44 |只看該作者

36#
發表於 16-4-26 08:24 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 careysum 於 16-4-26 08:25 編輯

ICS係一間校風嚴嘅學校,學術一點也不簡單,我好朋友兩個仔喺尼度學校度讀,我女亦曾參加過尼間學校嘅活動,我對尼間學校印象好好,d學生比較單純,但同様一樣大把香港人面孔;我觀察左CAIS幾年,入去佢小學部及中學部參觀過幾次,在BK爬文爬左幾年,最終我係送左細女入CAIS, 細女入讀左一年,師生關愛做得好好,小班教學,23人一班,學術方面,我無比較過其他國際學校,所以唔知係深定淺,細女宜家G1, 佢地學緊乘數,時鈡,文字題等,英文教緊過去、現在及將來式來用於寫作方面,加大量閱讀,中文,用緊啓思出版社,本土小一教科書教G1, 普通話教,學生可選擇學繁體定簡體,G1開始,中文每兩課就考一次試,另外,每半個學期,同老師會面時,會睇到一大堆佢地喺學校做嘅堂上練習, 坦白,唔知深定淺,因為我無比較過。至於英文方面,我都覺得應該多英國及美國等學生嘅國際學校,口語上可能會勁d,再地道d,但我就唔多認同CAIS嘅學生口語怪怪地,我見到d學生英文好好,佢地除左學校語境,在校外,一様睇好多英文書籍,電視及電影一様係會睇英文,佢地嘅英文程度係好,我不知何為好好同好好好,佢嘅教學方法同學生嘅英文程度,我所體驗,如果用只是比一般英小好一點去形容,我覺得有d離左地,但CAIS的確唔係咩名校尼個係真,我大女宜家喺英國讀緊大學Y2, 佢喺傳統升上去,英文好好,多次回港放假打工,去見親工,d人大多都問同一問題,你母語是否英文?識唔識講廣東話?佢英文囗音好聽到不得了,佢由細到大好喜歡模仿外國人唱歌及講野,所以,英文囗音得唔得,其實好個別,唔一定傳統出泥英文就唔掂,國際出泥就一定好掂,當然學習語境都好重要,同埋,我同小朋友選校,我會將校風及師生關愛度放首位,學術放次要。提外話,國際學校就多來自不同國籍嘅學生,佢地嘅英音,大多溝左佢地國家嘅音,去到外國讀大學,一樣乜音都有,因為學生來自全球,不是只來自金髮。
ICS和CAIS係好近似嘅學校,我見到所不同既,ICS比CAIS再嚴d,ICS教中文簡體,CAIS教中文繁體。多囗講多句,如果地點,學費,宗教等不是問題,可以試下考漢基,佢地學術水平超高,徐子淇d小朋友都係讀尼間,IB成績又好,所以選學校好個人,每人觀點及所需也不同。

37#
發表於 16-4-26 11:29 |只看該作者
我有朋友的兩個子女都讀ICS中學, 兩個讀緊小學, 佢地讀得開心, 至於學術, 我朋友話到左中學, 有好多學生會離開, 因為話中學的學術不夠深, 不夠好咁話!
以上是我朋友觀點, 係好個人的!

38#
發表於 16-4-27 07:33 |只看該作者

請問CAIS和ICS嘅上堂係點樣?
係主要由老師講解?
定係老師和學生一齊討論?
定係通過活動(如role play, 製作模型)去了解學習?
多唔多學生自己present和show and tell?
謝謝指教

‹ 上一主題|下一主題