搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Kingston 小學好嗎?
發新帖
查看: 6303|回覆: 13
go

Kingston 小學好嗎? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 16-2-5 14:15 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Kingston 小學難考嗎?冇sibling,冇kinder?請指教?本人只有這個offer,正考慮讀還是下年考直資~請有心人指教!因為其他IS落空,煩惱中,萬分感謝!

1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 16-2-5 14:52 |只看該作者

回覆:Kingston 小學好嗎?

其實你應該問自己想IS定local, 想IS就kingston,kingston本身不錯,但冇中學,到時要再搵。你還報了那些IS? 有些waiting還有機會。另外你現在在那間幼稚園?如果是IS幼稚園到時中文程度可能不夠應付考直資

3#
發表於 16-2-11 14:21 |只看該作者

回覆:bsquare2012 的帖子

Kingston未必好大名氣,但好似無咩negative feedback, 小學feedback都唔錯,Kingston同Anfield係share同一間中學,係沙頭角,聽講宜家準備係市區起第二間中學

4#
發表於 16-2-11 15:29 |只看該作者

回覆:Kingston 小學好嗎

I posted wrongly the following comments to another school re Kingston, I copied n pasted back on this page fyi:

"Better keep your kids Chinese level up, my friend's kid was kicked out from this school after spending like 3 yrs there, can't pass on to primary because accusing her kid's Chinese is not good, though that kid is well behaved. For a 4 yr old kid, the school expects they know more than 100 Chinese characters, that's wat I heard from a friend.... "

5#
發表於 16-2-11 15:48 |只看該作者

引用:I+posted+wrongly+the+following+comments+

原帖由 Riesling 於 16-02-11 發表
I posted wrongly the following comments to another school re Kingston, I copied n pasted back on thi ...
你係話kingston踢咗嗰4 歲小朋友出幼稚園因為中文唔好?唔係呀嘛?Kingston係happy school喎,點可能要考小朋友識100 個中文字呀?

6#
發表於 16-2-11 15:49 |只看該作者

回覆:Kingston 小學好嗎?

Kingston 收debenture入學係guarantee 上小學架喎

7#
發表於 16-2-11 16:03 |只看該作者

My friend always thought that way n paid 100k, but ultimately her kid can't go primary.....luckily esf admitted him at the end....

8#
發表於 16-2-13 23:02 |只看該作者

回覆:VVhuilee 的帖子

Kingston幼稚園D小朋友唔係100%升班 有唔同原因留班 小學唔清楚

9#
發表於 16-2-14 15:23 |只看該作者

引用:Kingston未必好大名氣,但好似無咩negative

原帖由 Sandrawcr 於 16-02-11 發表
Kingston未必好大名氣,但好似無咩negative feedback, 小學feedback都唔錯,Kingston同Anfield係share同一 ...
really? do u have more information about the new upcoming IS in the town ?

10#
發表於 16-2-14 16:12 |只看該作者

回覆:matthewcinpat 的帖子

I also heard similar stories. At the end the kid can promote to primary but the kid needs to take extra tuition for chinese outside of school.

They need a pretty high standard of chinese (at least amongst international school). Would rather leave a place empty rather than taking in new student with inadequate chinese knowledge.

I think lotsa schools would like to bid for greenfield site to build new schools. ICHK didn't get allotted any in the recent land grant I think.

11#
發表於 16-2-14 16:54 |只看該作者

It is a bit strange that Kingston cares so much about kid's Chinese standard, can't they just place the less abled kids in the non-native Chinese class instead of kicking them out?

Kingston's is linked to ICHK for secondary school, but ICHK(HLY)'s Chinese standard is no where as strong as Kingston, so it is not as if they need to strenghten their students Chinese standard for secondary entrance.

12#
發表於 16-2-15 11:44 |只看該作者
紅紅 發表於 16-2-14 16:54
It is a bit strange that Kingston cares so much about kid's Chinese standard, can't they just place  ...

The "case" was referring to not being promoted from K to P, not P to S. Kingstons does not guarantee direct entry to their P, but K students have priority and first priority would be given to those join since Playgroup.  I think this kind of case (N not promoted to K, K not promoted to P) happens in many schools and we never really know for sure why the kid is not offered a place.

Going back to 樓主 question, I talked to two parents who have kids there.  One absolutely love it (one kid at P and one at K) and the other commented was "so so".  The one don't like it so much has another kid in ISF which she likes better.  As you said this is the only offer you have on hand, seems you don't have a choice but to take it?  Or wait for the lucky draw and go to local school is another option!  Good Luck!

13#
發表於 16-2-15 12:19 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:紅紅+發表於+16-2-14+16:54+It+is+a+

原帖由 VVhuilee 於 16-02-15 發表
The "case" was referring to not being promoted from K to P, not P to S. Kingstons does not guarante ...
In this case, it was clearly stated the kid did not get promoted to primary  because of inadequate chinese standard. I understand it is talking about promoting from K to P, but I was just looking it as a through train situation and get this conclusion. Primary school education is to get ready for Secondary education, so I think it is strange that they are so harsh on Chinese, for an international school.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題