搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 CDNIS parent interview
樓主: munich
go

CDNIS parent interview [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 16-3-8 22:12 |只看該作者
回覆 wylieming 的帖子

the direction of the school and management is most concerned to me if my kid is still in the early primary

82#
發表於 16-3-8 23:05 |只看該作者

回覆:CDNIS parent interview

其實CDNIS一直都是其中一所好IS,可惜近幾年內部政治鬥爭太多太複雜!

83#
發表於 16-3-9 06:22 |只看該作者
I am pretty amazed to see how active this chat is, in particular the school is being discussed by many non-cdnis parents or parents who got waitlisted/rejected letter.  There's one observation (not particularly related to cdnis that i would like to share here). I am sure everyone knows how messed up HK local education system and this is probably why you are on this section of the forum and not sharing how many tutors you need to get to top 15 percentile with a 95+ score. One of the obvious reasons causing the mess up of the system was as a result of the peer pressure from parents, monsters/tigers or however you want to describe. Reality is that most of the parents including myself are very uncertain whether we have picked the right school to our children; but the problem causing the mess up is that some parents felt so insecure and uncertain that they chose to reassure their choice of school by talking other schools down or spreading rumors that are initiated by parents not from that school.  Usually rumors are spreaded by partial facts or exaggeration to the negative facts. Like I have "heard" most of the SPCC kids are not happy due to homeworks; those who discussed and exaggerated including myself are likely sour grapes who cannot get their children in there. Crazy mentality of these monster/tiger parents are the true cause of HK messed up education system. And this is why some of us had not choice but to pay 10 times more to stay away from LS.

Back on track about cdnis, there are so much rumors about this school, whether it's true, partially true or exaggerated, who knows. But one thing I know is that characteristic of most cdnis parents are very chilled and laid back (if not they would have chosen SIS, CIS etc instead of this happy school); they would be the last batch of parents I can imagine to talk other schools down; or try to defend their school for exaggerated rumors. They all have read the full IB report with action plan and schedule, but not extracted version only highlighting the negative aspect of school. I am sure all of them are more worried that those parents

84#
發表於 16-3-9 06:25 |只看該作者
whose children are not in cdnis. But they chose to sit back and let the school to fix the problem. Just let them alone in the healing process. If you are so worried about this school, just move on read about other IS schools.

點評

Starrynite    發表於 16-3-11 22:34

85#
發表於 16-3-9 06:38 |只看該作者
Let's go back to the topic. Congrats Queen0923 and Munich! I hope you don't expect your children to attend Cambridge or Harvard or to be next Bill Gate by default of choosing this school but I am sure your children will be very happy ones ennjoying school ALOT. I never knew there is an option to enjoy going to school like my 2 little girls from primary ESP when I was raised in the LS system. Anyways congrats and PM me if you have any questions about the school.

86#
發表於 16-3-9 10:23 |只看該作者

引用:I+am+pretty+amazed+to+see+how+active+thi

原帖由 RondaR 於 16-03-09 發表
I am pretty amazed to see how active this chat is, in particular the school is being discussed by ma ...
"They all have read the full IB report with action plan and schedule, but not extracted version only highlighting the negative aspect of school."
Exactly! That's why I don't bother to explain to any non-CDNIS parents or bystanders why I'm still choosing this school.

點評

Starrynite  Well said!  發表於 16-3-11 22:32
jolalee  agree  發表於 16-3-9 11:53

87#
發表於 16-3-10 23:00 |只看該作者

回覆:munich 的帖子

May I know more about the interview for pre-reception? I am going to apply for my son this year. What kind of questions they would ask? How fluent in English the kid needs to be? Always answer in full sentence? Do they need to read or just recognize sight words? Or is it more a conversational interview? Many many thanks!!

88#
發表於 16-3-11 05:09 |只看該作者

請問有冇人知那裏有debenture放售, 学校叫我在市場自己揾, 如果唔係每年俾27,000.

89#
發表於 16-3-11 09:24 |只看該作者
I don't think you can purchase debenture in the market unless you can find someone to sell you the company that owns the debenture; but again that's difficult because the school needs to proof the company is an active one with business for the past few years. I guess this system is to prevent crazy back-and-forth transactions like isf or harrow's which is good in a way making cost of cdnis debenture more affordable (think around 1 mil now as compared to 6.5 mil for isf)

90#
發表於 16-3-11 09:32 |只看該作者
回覆 bc_2012 的帖子

The interview is new this year and only parents are required to attend after the children's assessment. No one knows what happened in the children's assessment as they would asked to be in a classroom without parents for about 30-45 minutes with 4-5 other children. Of course to be able to communicate in English is a requisite but my guess based on my observation is that they prefer pro-active, talkative over shy, quiet children. But that's my guess only.

91#
發表於 16-3-11 21:32 |只看該作者

回覆:RondaR 的帖子

thanks

92#
發表於 16-3-11 22:31 |只看該作者
回覆 Suarez 的帖子

Suarez - unlike certain IS gives admission priority to debenture holders, CDNIS' debentures can only be purchased by existing CDNIS families. If you are existing CDNIS family, you can fill in the application form at school office and wait for someone to sell. There is a waitlist for the debenture; it's administered by the school.

93#
發表於 16-3-14 12:23 |只看該作者
Queen0923 發表於 16-2-26 16:06
Just received acceptance letter, PM class yeah yeah yeah
My girl is PM class also!!! 😊

94#
發表於 16-3-15 22:20 |只看該作者

What's the chance of getting in if my child is on the wait list for reception? Is the chance even slimmer for Primary year one?Thanks!!!

‹ 上一主題|下一主題