61#
發表於 16-2-26 16:06 |只看該作者

回覆:CDNIS parent interview

Just received acceptance letter, PM class yeah yeah yeah

62#
發表於 16-2-26 17:06 |只看該作者

回覆:Queen0923 的帖子

Congratulations !
May I ask if you are applying for pre-reception or reception?

Did you attend parent interview already?
Thanks.

63#
發表於 16-2-26 18:11 |只看該作者

回覆:florenceshum 的帖子

Pre reception, we attended parent interview last week

64#
發表於 16-2-26 18:19 |只看該作者

引用:Pre+reception,+we+attended+parent+interv

原帖由 Queen0923 於 16-02-26 發表
Pre reception, we attended parent interview last week
Same here! Pre reception, PM class, parent interview last week

65#
發表於 16-3-7 18:18 |只看該作者
Anyone receive offer for Grade 1?

66#
發表於 16-3-7 19:12 |只看該作者

其實cdnis近年咁亂大家會唔有D擔心?

67#
發表於 16-3-7 23:36 |只看該作者
dbchu 發表於 16-3-7 19:12
其實cdnis近年咁亂大家會唔有D擔心?
據了解是一小部份家長問題,對學生應該完全沒有影響。上年 IB 成績都 OK。平均分 36.4 有三個學生滿分。

68#
發表於 16-3-8 07:03 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:dbchu+發表於+16-3-7+19:12+其實cdni

原帖由 nov21 於 16-03-07 發表
據了解是一小部份家長問題,對學生應該完全沒有影響。上年 IB 成績都 OK。平均分 36.4 有三個學生滿分。 ...
Yes totally agreed

69#
發表於 16-3-8 07:24 |只看該作者

但冇左CIS,會有影響?真心請教

70#
發表於 16-3-8 09:38 |只看該作者

回覆:nov21 的帖子

But a significant number of teachers with long experience are leaving, correct? Is that something to worry about or do you believe you can find equally experienced teachers very easily? In IB, having good teachers can make or break the program since it is not traditional method of rote learning.

As the problems just started in the past 1 to 2 years, and teachers are only leaving in this past year, I am wondering if negative impact (if any) is yet to trickled down.

Sincere question - this seems like a lovely school otherwise.

71#
發表於 16-3-8 10:03 |只看該作者
cherry8pye 發表於 16-3-8 09:38
But a significant number of teachers with long experience are leaving, correct? Is that something to ...
My best friend (her son is now in grade 4) told me only 10 something teachers out of 100 something left and a new IB coordinator seems experienced for the program.  She said no need to worry.  She said those parents who supports the former Head of School should leave school soon (their children will go to other schools next year) although they still keep bad mouthing the school to the media and forums.  The political issue should be solved very soon.  She said most parents simply don't want to involve the meaningless political argument.
If fact my daughter is now in the waiting list.  The political issue may increase my daughter's opportunity to get in if some parents left due to the issue.

72#
發表於 16-3-8 10:39 |只看該作者

引用:其實cdnis近年咁亂大家會唔有D擔心? +

原帖由 dbchu 於 16-03-07 發表
其實cdnis近年咁亂大家會唔有D擔心?
冇擔心,有擔心都唔報啦。

73#
發表於 16-3-8 10:41 |只看該作者

引用:But+a+significant+number+of+teachers+wit

原帖由 cherry8pye 於 16-03-08 發表
But a significant number of teachers with long experience are leaving, correct? Is that something to ...
I just read the IBO's report which states that the MYP and DP coordinators have confirmed their leaving next academic year (i.e. 2016). I hate reading the communication from various parent groups before I read the IBO report but now I have grave concern when I know the core teaching staff are leaving and majority of the new leadership including the Head of School have not received IB training. Yet it takes long time to reform the management and governance of the school. It appears to me that students, especially upper school students are under great pressure caused by the leaving of experienced teaching staff,

My girl is in upper school. We are seriously exploring the options but it seems to be very limited. Head aching .....

74#
發表於 16-3-8 11:25 |只看該作者
The IBO's report is available online and that would be an educator's view of the current state of the school

Link to the report is in this article: http://harbourtimes.com/2016/02/ ... ship-communication/

Another article on the site lists the departures for this coming year
今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  

75#
發表於 16-3-8 12:24 |只看該作者
Such a shame - we used to really like CDNIS.  It was one of the most reputable and sought-after international schools in HK.  Some of my friends who are CDNIS parents are still very positive about the school as a whole but all these negative news and, most importantly, lack of information about what is really going on with the management and teaching staff is worrying and deters prospective parents from applying/accepting their offers...

76#
發表於 16-3-8 13:21 |只看該作者
My friend who is a parent of CDNIS also shared me a parents website that tells some inside stories.  http://thetruthcdnis.org
The belows are quoted from the website.

我們現在要說出真相
作為加拿大國際學校(CDNIS)大多數保持沉默的學生家長,我們最終選擇站出來說話。首先,我們要聲明一件事 - 我們關心學生和學校的共同利益,而不只是製造“噪音”。

這麼長時間以來我們一直沒有站出來說話, 不是因為我們不在乎或者對發生在學校的事情漠不關心。我們沒有早一步站出來,是因為我們不想被捲入那些所謂的“擔憂的”父母製造的毀謗鬥爭中;我們沒有早一步站出來,是因為我們曾經(天真地)相信作為一個生活在文明社會的文明人,常識最終會佔上風,我們希望那些所謂的“擔憂的”父母會幡然悔悟, 意識到自己子女地利益才是首位,並因此停止無謂的政治迫害。但我們錯了!這些無知的父母堅持著他們毫無意義的行為,最終迫使我們站起來,大聲疾呼!

在這裡,我們呼籲所有關心孩子和學校長遠福利的CDNIS家長站起來,加入我們,利用這個平台,說出你的看法,尋求真理,結束這場毫無意義而又自私的戰爭,因為這場戰爭對抗的不是學校或學校的負責人,而是我們的孩子。

關於那些所謂“擔憂”的
父母的真面目
所謂“擔憂”的父母所犯下的“七宗罪”:

他們貪戀勝利並以損害自己子女的利益為代價;
他們過分渴望獲得公眾的認可;
他們貪婪地企圖控制理事會;
他們懶於去尋找真相;
他們憤怒地企圖“剷除”攔路者/異己;
他們妒忌理事會在學校管理方面的權力;
他們傲慢地拒絕承認自己一直以來的錯誤。
他們的不對行為:

如果他們真的關心他們子女的福利,為何他們製造了這樣一個充滿敵意和不穩定的學校環境,直接影響到了他們子女的身體和精神狀態。
這些所謂的“擔憂”的父母就只會針對學校的負責人進行人格攻擊,為了贏得他們無謂的運動,他們幾乎從來沒有考慮到真正重要的東西,包括學生的福利、 學生的學業成績以及學校的聲譽。
這些父母都貪戀毫無意義的勝利,卻沒有意識到他們現在所做的一切令他們的子女所接受教育的學校正成為大眾的笑柄。這就像搬起石頭砸自己的腳,貽笑大方。

這個所謂的“成長危機”其實就是由這些所謂的“擔憂”的父母人為造成的,他們只在意自己是否戰勝了這個與學校之間毫無意義的戰爭。他們受自身利益驅動,通過製造一個以弱勝強的情況,向世界證明他們正在與權力體制鬥爭,證明自我。

這些所謂的“擔憂”的父母聲稱他們正在把家長和老師聯合在一起,試圖找到一條前進的道路。但事實上,他們的做法與想法背道而馳。我們正逐步倒退,這是因為這些愚昧無知的父母拖著我們所有人一起落後!
這些所謂的“擔憂”的父母在教師、學生以及大多數像我們一樣害怕說出真相的家長當中製造恐慌, 從而迫使我們大多數人選擇沉默。他們卻居然聲稱這是一種民主?!

他們欺負那些不贊同他們做法的人,從而製造了一種恐怖緊張和歇斯底里的氣氛。當中許多受害者都是教師、學生以及和我們一樣的家長。他們正在挖洞讓我們跳下去。我們必須制止他們!

77#
發表於 16-3-8 13:46 |只看該作者

請問大家係咪多數都有加拿大passport or siblings etc?

78#
發表於 16-3-8 14:44 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Birkin 於 16-3-8 15:00 編輯
nov21 發表於 16-3-8 13:21
關於那些所謂“擔憂”的
父母的真面目
所謂“擔憂”的父母所犯下的“七宗罪”:

他們貪戀勝利並以損害自己子女的利益為代價;
他們過分渴望獲得公眾的認可;
他們貪婪地企圖控制理事會;
他們懶於去尋找真相;
他們憤怒地企圖“剷除”攔路者/異己;
他們妒忌理事會在學校管理方面的權力;
他們傲慢地拒絕承認自己一直以來的錯誤。
他們的不對行為:

But this is precisely what I mean - another one-sided argument based on opinions not facts.  There is no reference to any facts to support accusations like: "他們貪戀勝利並以損害自己子女的利益為代價", "他們憤怒地企圖“剷除”攔路者/異己", "他們妒忌理事會在學校管理方面的權力"...  Who are these angry, arrogant parents that the article referred to?  Who wrote this article?  Who do they represent?  Have they formed some sort of a quasi-formal group to represent "the silent majority" and try to communicate with the school or the other "angry, arrogant parents" with some sort of constructive suggestions on how to resolve their differences?  In my opinion, this type of articles is doing CDNIS a disservice and creates the impression that the school community is still very much divided with no proposals on how to move forward.

79#
發表於 16-3-8 14:51 |只看該作者
回覆 nov21 的帖子

There will always be gullible people in this world who like to read biased crap as opposed to an independent report from the IBO. But hey, there are people who read 大公報 as well! What can I say?
今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  

80#
發表於 16-3-8 21:35 |只看該作者
But the school has already hired new MYP and DP coordinator for 2016/17. They are very experienced and well qualified for the posts.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題