密      碼:
搜索
發新帖
查看: 6082|回覆: 13
go

真道 vs CKY [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 15-10-23 11:29 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
有聽過人哋講話真道同CKY嘅IB考的學課程都有不同(好似我哋以前會考的syllabus A vs syllabus B),請問有經驗的家長可否告知這是真的嗎?
新手真心請教,謝謝!!

7    0    0    0

2#
發表於 15-10-24 09:12 |只看該作者
回覆 lorettalmw 的帖子

課程仍在改進中, 真道也開了Lang A 的課程. 若孩子還小, 應關心小學學習方法及氛圍, 是否合適自己小朋友.

3#
發表於 15-10-25 22:23 |只看該作者

回覆:joyjoyparent 的帖子

謝謝指點!

4#
發表於 15-10-25 22:41 |只看該作者

回覆:lorettalmw 的帖子

其實我們認為真道是很適合我們仔仔,2nd時都有同老師討論了一會…
只不過此終這是一條龍,而如無必要我們都不想之後轉校,所以想了解清楚全11年課程。
但你說得很對,課程都不斷改良中。
講開講,其實有沒有人可分享概括比較CKY vs 真道。

5#
發表於 15-10-27 14:35 |只看該作者
Been to both schools' seminars and did a bit of research on the two schools..

I gather that both CKY and Logos don't have PYP, MYP, but only IBDP.  CKY goes for IGCSE at Years 9 & 10, then IBDP at Years 11 & 12.  Whilst at Logos, you have the choice of DSE beside IBDP (Mastery level 3 & 4) at matriculation level.

I believe both schools try to adopt an IB approach.  CKY focusses more on reading.  They advocate 圖書教學, "learn to read, and read to learn".  They have theme-based learning projects and sometimes it's cross-subjects learning.

Logos designs its own materials for its cirriculum and I heard those are very well structured and well designed in terms of width and depth.  In this respect, personally, I prefer Logos as it appears the cirriculum there is more structured and systematic.

Both schools have field trips, overseas learning trips and all sorts of ECAs.  Both school principals are passionate, nice persons having their own desirable teaching philosophies.

Overall, I would say that both are very good schools and kids studying there should face less stress, meaning, happier.

Location may also be a concern though (?)  The way leading up to CKY's campus can be congested and may be considered rather far away from many parts of HK, whilst Logos is reacheable by foot from Tiu King Ling MTR station.

Hope this helps!

點評

joyjoyparent    發表於 15-10-31 00:31

6#
發表於 15-10-28 09:41 |只看該作者

回覆:Ck_mom 的帖子

Thank a lot Ck_mom for sharing your view!

I also hope to understand more on the followings:

1) language: Logo's students r better in Chinese than English? And CKY's students r better in English than Chinese?

2) culture: Logos (including students and their parents, teachers, curriculum, etc) is more traditional/localised, when compared to CKY?

Many thanks again!

7#
發表於 15-10-30 13:41 |只看該作者
Hi lorettalmw, regarding your questions, here are my two cents.

(1) It should be observed that both schools are doing 兩文三語 in practice. For CKY, the Principal said they treat Cantonese as the first mother tongue and Putonghua the second mother tongue (第二母語!), meaning English is the second language as well.  There were a few students going onto stage on the information session day this year and frankly I was not too impressed by some of the students' spoken English (maybe I had high expectation of CKY!).  For Logos, I really have no idea.  I just remember there are some other parents in this forum commenting that his/her neighbours' kids (Logos students) speak very good English.  After all, I think it really depends on what language settings the kids have been in when they were younger (e.g. in Kindy) (?) A side note is, I saw a western couple bring their kid to interview at Logos this year.  And from the "Book of Schools", both Logos and CKY state they use English as the medium of instructions.

http://www.bookofschool.com/scho ... pare?entityids=6124,5893,6256

8#
發表於 15-10-30 13:44 |只看該作者
(2) For culture, my impression would be that Logos appears more local but this is not to say that CKY is more "western", as CKY is bound to accept at least 70% of local students.

Other parents please feel free to supplement the brief comparison above.

9#
發表於 15-10-31 23:18 |只看該作者

回覆:Ck_mom 的帖子

Many thanks again for your useful inputs!

10#
發表於 15-11-2 16:25 |只看該作者
No worries! Hope it helps

11#
發表於 16-3-1 14:04 |只看該作者

回覆:真道 vs CKY

據聞CKY好谷,要去CKY果邊爬吓文先知,咁... 真道谷嗎?

12#
發表於 16-5-16 20:18 |只看該作者
回覆 kamgat 的帖子

CKY我唔知, 但真道同學十個, 十個都鍾意返學! 學校從不鼓勵以成績去與同學比較, 也沒有指定某班是精英班 (有時年年不同). 我女兒讀到MS2也從沒有補習, 也是自己攪掂的.  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題