用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Survey for a HK passport holder get offer at these s ...
發新帖
查看: 3013|回覆: 12
go

Survey for a HK passport holder get offer at these schools: [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 15-10-10 10:50 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I am doing real search my my son and would appreciate for any comments from you all! I wonder what is the chance for a HK passport holder to get an offer at HKIS, CDNIS, CIS, GSIS, and some international primary schools at reception grade? Any successful cases?!
Being a HK passport holder always has disadvantage at the priority list and it is so frustrated to be in the wait list and not receive any offer after one year waiting. If so, what other choices I can consider?!
   0    0    1    0

2#
發表於 15-10-10 11:07 |只看該作者
I was at the school fair and talked to the Kellet's admission manager about my kid's wait list matter. We used the HK ID for the application years ago and applied for a Canadian passport last year for my kid. And I brought up this issue with Kellet and her response was "No matter which passport you hold, eg. Canadian, British or American, it wouldn't make a different on your application".....
And I always thought Kellet would fall into the category of requiring certain amount % foreign passport holder so they would favor to those passport holder.  

3#
發表於 15-10-10 12:17 |只看該作者
回覆 lovecasey 的帖子

Saw the percentage of Asian face students in Kellet in last school visit at Kellet, I don't think its the truth though. They do reserve certain percentage of foreigners to be stated as international school, am I right?!

點評

minirat  Asian faces do not necessarily mean they do not have foreign passports.  發表於 15-10-14 11:22

4#
發表於 15-10-10 13:33 |只看該作者

回覆:Survey for a HK passport holder get offer at these schools:

An international school is required by the Education Dept to intake no more than 30% local students.

5#
發表於 15-10-10 14:05 |只看該作者
lovecasey 發表於 15-10-10 11:07
And I always thought Kellet would fall into the category of requiring certain amount % foreign passport holder so they would favor to those passport holder.  

It is because there are more people with dual passport than most people presume.
At STC, we have probably 90+% chinese faces but at the same time, probably 80% of the chinese faces have foreign passport.
So?
This is a number game.

6#
發表於 15-10-10 22:00 |只看該作者

回覆:fatcni 的帖子

I think schools do take into account nationality of applicants but the most important thing is whether your child can pass the assessment/interview. Among those who passed the assessment, the ones who got foreign passport will have priority over those with Hong Kong ID. For me, we have Hong Kong passport but my daughter got offers from HKIS...

7#
發表於 15-10-10 23:07 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 jolalee 於 15-10-10 23:09 編輯

Yokada is correct. It may differ from school to school, but I am sure each school has their own grading system. For my son's school, those who scored Excellent on the interview will usually receive an offer (still under the principal's discretion but basically they're 'in'). That's why there are people with passports of various nationalities in our school although a certain nationality has priority.

Thereafter though, it's up for grabs. Applicants who score only Good will have to play the priority game, and staff kids, siblings, certain passport holders all fall in line. Many "correct" passport holders will not get a spot at that stage, not to mention those without it.

However, those with a rare passport may have their advantage at this point since the school prefer a more diverse mix. For example a girl on the wait list with Indian blood but a certain African nationality got in, and the dad believed that their rare passport was the reason. The school hung their nation's flag on the foyer after they accepted the offer (which they couldn't previously as there was not student of that nationality in our school before she came in). International schools in general do prefer a diverse international mix. In the end though, private school's admission decision is as its nature goes: private.

8#
發表於 15-10-11 21:47 |只看該作者
Thx all but very discouraging point of view for my case.
I can't guarantee my child performance quality in interview. I have just rejected an offer from an well known kindergarten who offer bilingual curriculum but it's primary placements are mainly local elite schools. I think it is a good school but its environment may not be able to nurture adequate English level for my child. I insist to stay at a English base kindergarten now but recently my husband is a bit hesitated - just because we are Hk passport holder. Seems like very risky for us to keep on this track.

9#
發表於 15-10-11 22:34 |只看該作者

I think you should take the offer coz I know there are cases for kids from biligual curriculum kindergarten to through train english based school...

10#
發表於 15-10-14 08:56 |只看該作者

回覆:nintendo 的帖子

Which school stands for stc ?

11#
發表於 15-10-14 11:19 |只看該作者

回覆:Survey for a HK passport holder get offer at these schools:

May be u should try those private 'international' schools which not subjected to the 70/30 ratio. School like Anfield, esf, ifs, etc.  Check out the list from education bureau may help.

For the Kellet principal's response, I think she's referring to indifference for whatever passport u are holding as long as you are foreign passport holder.

12#
發表於 15-10-14 12:00 |只看該作者
回覆 Joeyhk 的帖子

Thx for your advice!
But seem like the chance of getting into my ideal schools is slim. Would be glad to hear any successful cases here!

13#
發表於 15-10-15 11:09 |只看該作者

Which one is your ideal school?

‹ 上一主題|下一主題